New Ratt album

Leykis101

And not that anybody asked my opinion, but the album cover blows chunks... :puke:

rattinfest.jpg

Agreed. If they are trying to recapture the sound of Out Of The Cellar why not try for a similar album cover as well. Album covers never go wrong with scantily clad women on the front IMO. :tits:

:lol: Backed. The nuder the better.

But that is one below average album cover. Reminds me of the 'Collage' one. The image is actually pretty cool, but what's up the colouring?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I hear the word "infestation", I get this image of a road leading to a city off in the distance, & a huge heard of ratts descending upon it. Now THAT would look cool (or at least I think so).

Agreed. That would be a cool album cover.

• 1 month later...

ratt.jpg

The opening track, "Eat Me Up Alive", is streaming on Roadrunner:

http://www.roadrunne...tion-21072.aspx

Really digging this one. Heavier than "Best of Me", but still quite melodic. :headbanger:

------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

As the story goes, Ratt helped pioneer Hollywood's legendary Sunset Strip sound and scene. The band has returned sounding fired up and better than ever. Ratt's first studio album in 11 years, Infestation, is a return to their heavy, riff driven roots. The band has reinvented their sound by rediscovering their strengths, shuttling listeners to a time when metal ruled the earth.

01. Eat Me Up Alive

02. Best of Me

03. A Little Too Much

04. Look Out Below

05. Last Call

06. Lost Weekend

07. As Good as it Gets

08. Garden of Eden

09. Take a Big Bite

10. Take Me Home

11. Don't Let Go

I thought for one horrible minute that the solo was going to fuck that song up....but then it hit. very nice.

This Ratt album could be pretty damned good.

None of them sound the same, but there is not one cd on that entire list that does a fucking thing or even raises an eyebrow sound wise! he is a mediocre producer who is obviously going for quantity and not quality!

Not a bad song, but fuck me, what is wrong with Bass players and their shitty, horrible clanky bass sounds on albums at the moment, the new Treat album being another guilty party. It may be not important to some people's overall listening pleasure, but it sure is to mine.

Not a bad song, but fuck me, what is wrong with Bass players and their shitty, horrible clanky bass sounds on albums at the moment, the new Treat album being another guilty party. It may be not important to some people's overall listening pleasure, but it sure is to mine.

I hear what you mean, Jez but I happen to like it. Kind of has a Tool-ish sound to the bass. Maybe that's why I like it and it drives you insane!!

I hear what you mean, Jez but I happen to like it. Kind of has a Tool-ish sound to the bass. Maybe that's why I like it and it drives you insane!!

:lol: Tool - ..err yeh I love 'em, err Not ;)

I may be being fussy, but It makes the whole thing sound really messy and I just drives me mad with that clunky, shit sounding bass, always has, always will. ;)

I may be being fussy, but It makes the whole thing sound really messy and I just drives me mad with that clunky, shit sounding bass, always has, always will. ;)

I quite like the bass sound. Gives it more of a raw feel....which I think is why I like the new Treat album so much....not as polished as say that Dreamhunter sound which is very dated now. Although at the same time I can fully understand why some love that sound.

'Best of Me' is very good, hard rock with a less sleazy sound to a lot of Ratt's other stuff.

'Eat Me Up Alive', also nice, some good guitar and more similar to the usual Ratt sound to me. Just first impressions, but liking this so far.

Great album.

Its certainly not as good as a classic Ratt album, but its defo got the classic sound, albeit a bit more mature.

I was worried that Pearcy might try to impose his more modern sound over this, but thankfully he has showed some common sense.

The guitar solos are there, the big choruses and everything are present.

I'd say its closer to Detonator era than Out of the cellar, which for me is a bonus as thats my fave album.

I'll be surprised if anyone is too disapointed with this one.

Great album.

Its certainly not as good as a classic Ratt album, but its defo got the classic sound, albeit a bit more mature.

I was worried that Pearcy might try to impose his more modern sound over this, but thankfully he has showed some common sense.

The guitar solos are there, the big choruses and everything are present.

I'd say its closer to Detonator era than Out of the cellar, which for me is a bonus as thats my fave album.

I'll be surprised if anyone is too disapointed with this one.

great album with a massive sound. I mean this is pretty powerful stuff. I love it.

I quite like the bass sound. Gives it more of a raw feel....which I think is why I like the new Treat album so much....not as polished as say that Dreamhunter sound which is very dated now. Although at the same time I can fully understand why some love that sound.

Totally agree Glen. I like that raw sound more than the polished sound. And yes, I love Tool. Always have, always will. :nyanya:

Just thought I'd wind everyone up by saying that there is going to be an itunes only bonus track called 'Scatter' lol !!! ;-)

What's the bets its one of the best songs (again!).

I listen to the whole album today and I must say that I'm not impressed at all. Kind of dissapointed after the promising Best of me track. I can't see the simularities to Out of the cellar except for the great Best of me.

It's not that melodic like the earlier stuff, it's more rockin like the Detonator album. So if you are into that Ratt sound this is your bag.

Not melodic?

Must be listening to a different album to me as its full of melodic Ratt N Roll.

While I agree that its closer to Detonator than earlier stuff (hell, Last call has a very lovin you's a dirty job, sound to it), its no less melodic than anything produced by Ratt in there heyday, and I would go as far as to say that Detonator was probably their most melodic as it was less sleazy than earlier stuff.

I also cannot hear anything wrong with the bass. Sounds perfectly fine to me!

Not melodic?

Must be listening to a different album to me as its full of melodic Ratt N Roll.

While I agree that its closer to Detonator than earlier stuff (hell, Last call has a very lovin you's a dirty job, sound to it), its no less melodic than anything produced by Ratt in there heyday, and I would go as far as to say that Detonator was probably their most melodic as it was less sleazy than earlier stuff.

For me the more melodic side of Ratt is Round and Round, Lay it down, You're in love,What you give is what you get, Back for more, wanted man etc. Sorry mate but I can't hear songs like that on this album apart from Best of me.

Excellent album ! Production is stellar as well. No modern elements to this whatsoever. Sounds like Classic 1980s RATT but with a better production :party421: .

be buying it. alot of good "comeback" lps from 80s bands this year.

WASP BABYLON

WINGER KARMA

and now RATT INFESTATION

Not melodic?

For me the more melodic side of Ratt is Round and Round, Lay it down, You're in love,What you give is what you get, Back for more, wanted man etc. Sorry mate but I can't hear songs like that on this album apart from Best of me.

Right mate, listening to the classics back to back with the new tunes. Cant see much difference to me. Listen to Round & Round and then A Little Too Much. Very similar songs stylewise. The newie is a little more urgent.

I think the new stuff is about as good as you could have ever expected from Ratt in 2010.

I really like this album....chock full of great tunes to these ears. Some really kick arse faster paced songs as well, which is to a certain extent what the classic Ratt tunes seemed to lack....very one paced most of them