New Ratt album

Leykis101

Anybody heard or know when they plan on releasing it?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen his name in anything I've read about it! and one would figure if he was, they would drop his name somewhere in the interviews, but I don't know for sure!

I've never seen his name in anything I've read about it! and one would figure if he was, they would drop his name somewhere in the interviews, but I don't know for sure!

No the last I heard it was a newer producer that's produced many new bands but I can't think of the name.

Meh. Color me uninterested. <_<

I'm nervous. These guys toured Australia around the same time as Winger and Lynch Mob. Winger were awesome, nailed their older material and played about one song of 'IV' and sure enough they've released a killer album like one might expect based on their setlist. Lynch Mob played all the weakest Lynch Mob songs, excluding all the best tracks and released an album very much like their setlist - just boring bluesy rock. Ratt reminded me a lot of Lynch Mob, and played a lot of their weaker tracks. It always scares me because to me it's a good gauge of where their tastes are at these days. I will always anticipate a new RATT album like I would the birth of a new baby pug, but I am worried about this one. Hope to be proved wrong.

I'm generally in the minority when I say that I really liked the last Ratt album, but that said, I would still like them to return to their roots a little more, or at least adapt their classic sound with a modern edge like Winger and Stryper have done.

I'm generally in the minority when I say that I really liked the last Ratt album, but that said, I would still like them to return to their roots a little more, or at least adapt their classic sound with a modern edge like Winger and Stryper have done.

I liked the RATT release as well and have never understood why so many fans don't like that disc.

I'm nervous. These guys toured Australia around the same time as Winger and Lynch Mob. Winger were awesome, nailed their older material and played about one song of 'IV' and sure enough they've released a killer album like one might expect based on their setlist. Lynch Mob played all the weakest Lynch Mob songs, excluding all the best tracks and released an album very much like their setlist - just boring bluesy rock. Ratt reminded me a lot of Lynch Mob, and played a lot of their weaker tracks. It always scares me because to me it's a good gauge of where their tastes are at these days. I will always anticipate a new RATT album like I would the birth of a new baby pug, but I am worried about this one. Hope to be proved wrong.

I really like the new Lynch Mob. Sure it's not as good as the first two discs but I still like it a lot.

I do think they should of cut two songs off but overall I think it's a good disc and George sounds great.

The new Lynch Mob is probably a decent disc, but really shares little common musical ground with the first two. If Ratt make a disc that sounds like Ratt (I liked the last disc too) I'll be happy. :)

From Blabbermouth:

Californian rockers RATT have set "Infestation" as the title of their new album, due in March 2010 via Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. The band's first studio CD in 10 years was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, whose credits include PUDDLE OF MUDD, CHEVELLE, SALIVA, LIMP BIZKIT, ALTER BRIDGE and THREE DAYS GRACE, to name a few. The effort — which has been described by singer Stephen Pearcy as a cross between 1984's "Out Of The Cellar" and 1985's "Invasion Of Your Privacy" — marked the first time the group had stepped outside of Los Angeles to track a new CD in 20-plus years.

I really wouldnt say there was much difference sound wise between those two albums, so saying its a cross between them is like saying that something is like a cross between white and white.

I really wouldnt say there was much difference sound wise between those two albums, so saying its a cross between them is like saying that something is like a cross between white and white.

Yeah, I agree. Which is good news to me. I LOVE those two albums so if there is any truth to it consider me excited.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Id take the press release with a grain of salt...id love to hear that sound again,but im hugely skeptical.Also when i see the producers credits it makes me that much more of a non believer.The addition of Carlos was a great move.Too bad Juan isn't involved...

Id take the press release with a grain of salt...id love to hear that sound again,but im hugely skeptical.Also when i see the producers credits it makes me that much more of a non believer.The addition of Carlos was a great move.Too bad Juan isn't involved...

I'm actually excited by the producer's name. Sure, the bands he's worked with are generally complete garbage but I don't think any of those bands have ever had a poorly produced album (aside from the actual songs included) and I don't think it'll be in Ratt's plan to release an album that sounds anything like those guys. Yeah, I think it's a good thing. If they can release a traditional Ratt album with a production job like Steel Panther's 'Feel the steel' or Motley Crue's 'SOLA' I think we'll be in for a treat!

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm actually excited by the producer's name. Sure, the bands he's worked with are generally complete garbage but I don't think any of those bands have ever had a poorly produced album (aside from the actual songs included) and I don't think it'll be in Ratt's plan to release an album that sounds anything like those guys. Yeah, I think it's a good thing. If they can release a traditional Ratt album with a production job like Steel Panther's 'Feel the steel' or Motley Crue's 'SOLA' I think we'll be in for a treat!

Let's just hope the songs are there otherwise the production will be a moot point.

Let's just hope the songs are there otherwise the production will be a moot point.

I agree it's all about the songs without a doubt but I do also agree with Geoff that I'm not to worried about who the producer has worked with.

with a band like ratt, ive noticed, when they are on, and they are crankin out rockin tunes, they could be recorded in a garage on a cassette recorder, and they would still sound cool!!

I just hope Pearcy doesnt get too much control.

His solo stuff is hit or miss at best.

Bobby has proved that he still is in touch with his melodic rock roots with the SOTU band, and Warren has dabbled here and there, but his solo album wasnt exactly stunning, so I hope the sum of the parts will add up to something more.

• 3 months later...

The new album 'Infestation' should be out in March. The first single 'Best Of Me' sounds very promising based on the short clip I heard. A world tour as well? Hopefully they come back to Australia.

610dKNgjukL._SL500_AA280_.jpg