Boys Like Girls

Geoff

Yeah it's pretty good but really we are talking about a boy band style song - I mean I

Like a few Take That songs but I wouldn't buy it or listen to it on a regular basis

Yep, the whole album is soft as hell. One uptempo tune, four pieces of pop crap and the rest are all ballads. It's not the ideal scenario at all but it's what I, as a fan, was left to work with, so I'll take the best songs as they are, soft as hell or not. ;)

Because I will say this. This album disappointed the hell out of me but I won't disregard this band because of it. 'Love Drunk' is literally a "classic" album to me, and I love their debut. And I do love enough songs on this to make me have faith that they can bounce back from this and create more magic. Seeing how bands who do this only seem to descend further, I admit it's unlikely, but until they split up I will follow this band until the bitter end. 'Love Drunk' earned that degree of respect from me, personally. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Seeing how bands who do this only seem to descend further, I admit it's unlikely, but until they split up I will follow this band until the bitter end. 'Love Drunk' earned that degree of respect from me, personally. :)

Okay, now I really need to listen to this shit. I'll start with Love Drunk, no doubt.

• 2 months later...

Finally grabbed this one and after one spin from start to finish, I can't say my opinion of it has changed from the 1.5 minute samples on Itunes.

BoysLikeBoyBands. Zero punch. Never paid close attention to the writing credits on their first two discs but I immediately noticed every track on this one features Martin Johnson (vocalist) and a boatload of outside writers who seemed to be targeting mass appeal on the soft rock radio stations.

Still like enough tunes on it to warrant a place in my collection but huge letdown nonetheless.

Better luck next time?

• 2 years later...

Not sure if anyone who likes these guys even has any interest in watching their music videos, but I was a bit bored and this is where it lead me:

Dude representing to the teen masses with his Ratt shirt;

And a Motley Crue one in this one. Holy shit, for the record, how different does this version sound compared to the album version??? That is a much, much weaker version to the album version. Why on earth did that happen:

And the duet with Taylor Swift... whom they could not get in for the filmclip, lol. She must have been too busy being famous. By christ I've grown to love this song...

• My Little Pony

Holy shit, for the record, how different does this version sound compared to the album version??? That is a much, much weaker version to the album version. Why on earth did that happen:

What is the difference? I listened to them back to back, and all I noticed was sound quality. Maybe my album version is different than yours.

Also, that video has absolutely nothing to do with the song.

Holy shit, for the record, how different does this version sound compared to the album version??? That is a much, much weaker version to the album version. Why on earth did that happen:

What is the difference? I listened to them back to back, and all I noticed was sound quality. Maybe my album version is different than yours.

Oh really?

Wow, are you serious? What's different? Everything, mate. Shoot me your email address and I'll email you an MP3 copy of my version. It is soooo different. The music, the backing vocals... I actually don't even overly like the version in that video, lol. I mean it's still a cool tune, but miles off the album track.

I don't know if there's different versions of the song/album on the market. If so, if I were you I'd defo try to track down an original early copy because it'll be worth it for that difference alone.

Wow, are you serious? What's different? Everything, mate. Shoot me your email address and I'll email you an MP3 copy of my version. It is soooo different. The music, the backing vocals... I actually don't even overly like the version in that video, lol. I mean it's still a cool tune, but miles off the album track. Sounds really thin compared to a really full, lively album version.

I don't know if there's different versions of the song/album on the market. If so, if I were you I'd defo try to track down an original early copy because it'll be worth it for that difference alone.

• My Little Pony

OK, I listened to the album version, then I listened to this, and then I listened to the album version, again. And I now hear what you're saying. But I would have never noticed otherwise. It doesn't help that the video version is poorly mixed.

OK, I listened to the album version, then I listened to this, and then I listened to the album version, again. And I now hear what you're saying. But I would have never noticed otherwise. It doesn't help that the video version is poorly mixed.

Yeah, it's awfully mixed. I don't understand that. If that's the version of the song that got shared with the masses, no wonder it never had any kind of impact. :(