Thousand Foot Krutch: "Welcome to the Masquerade"

Christian modern hard rockers Thousand Foot Krutch have a new CD ("Welcome to the Masquerade") coming out on 9/8/09. Listen to samples of all tracks over at Amazon.com, or check out full-length samples on their official website or MySpace:

Official Website

MySpace page

Sounds like the best thing they've done since "Phenomenon." Consider me stoked!!!

I'm yet to find a keeper from these guys despite the last few discs sounding okay. I'll be interested to give this one a spin. I never think to look for these discs either as I guess you can find them for pocket change most places? I should try the last few properly.

Wow, this came out of nowhere. Didn't even know they had a new album coming. I just checked out all the sound samples on amazon and count me impressed. This is BY FAR the best albm they've ever done from what I just heard. I was groovin' to numerous tracks on those samples. The drum and guitar riff on "Smack Down" was killer. I will be buying this. Nice find bro.

Are there still any rap remnants in their style?

Maybe just slightly in a couple of songs. But I think they realized that kind of style isn't all that popular anymore. It's kind of what Papa Roach is doing these days. From the samples, I found these guys to be going for the more straight ahead modern hard rock sound with just some slight nods to their older style. The biggest difference I hear is that this is some of the strongest choruses they've ever done. You should really give this album a shot. I was pleasantly surprised myself as I've never actually kept any of their albums. I kept 'Phenomenon' for several years but even got rid of that one not too long ago. I think this new one will be on the shelf for a while when it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up yesterday and I like it. This is BY FAR their best album. Some great Christian modern hard rock goin' on here. A great mixture here of rockin', mid-tempo, and a couple of slower tunes as well. For me, immediate standouts would include "Fire It Up", "Watching Over Me", "Smack Down", and "Forward Motion". These guys don't beat out Skillet, but they've definitely come up with a keeper album finally. Good stuff.

Yeah, definitely good stuff. Much better than what I've heard from these guys before. Just getting started, but so far already 'Fire it up' and 'Bring me to life' are great. Even this one, 'E for extinction' is a good one too. They have a slight nu-metal vibe but overshadow it with mixtures of tempo and some big choruses. Digging this so far...

EDIT: Oh wow, how good is 'Watching over me'??? And 'Forward motion' too. Excellent stuff.

Yeah, definitely good stuff. Much better than what I've heard from these guys before. Just getting started, but so far already 'Fire it up' and 'Bring me to life' are great. Even this one, 'E for extinction' is a good one too. They have a slight nu-metal vibe but overshadow it with mixtures of tempo and some big choruses. Digging this so far...

EDIT: Oh wow, how good is 'Watching over me'??? And 'Forward motion' too. Excellent stuff.

Oh yeah, I been playing the heck out of this. Wait til you get to 'Smackdown' Geoff. You may very well get goosebumps from the killer riff on that one.

Oh yeah, I been playing the heck out of this. Wait til you get to 'Smackdown' Geoff. You may very well get goosebumps from the killer riff on that one.

Yeah that one was a good hard rocking tune. Honestly, I really enjoyed this CD. I can see it rating really well for me. Excellent surprise and good to see them finally deliver the goods.

They sound a bit like Disturbed. IMO. But more melodic.

Oh yeah, mate these guys are 100% better than Disturbed, well at least on this CD anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta back up what Chris & Geoff are throwing down--this is a top-notch modern (Christian) hard rock CD, totally annihilating their last couple of albums. "Fire it up" and "Smack Down" have been stuck in my head since I got the CD...I've been singing the lyrics to "Fire it up" so much that my 2 year-old has even half-memorized them and sings along with me.

For the modern hard rock fans lurking around here, if you haven't picked this up, you're missing out on some really good stuff. Just because this is in the Christian Rock & Metal section doesn't mean that it doesn't kick ass.

Just because this is in the Christian Rock & Metal section doesn't mean that it doesn't kick ass.

And for the record, lyrically they're far more Anberlin than Disciple. They may be Christians, but you wouldn't really notice it in their lyrics unless you particularly read into them that way.