5th Sonic Brigade

JC_AOR

Ok this is an interesting one, and certainly won't be for everyone, but I stumbled across this by accident and now I'm interested. They were formed in Sweden in 2007.

I'm not really sure how to describe them, other than to say they're a modern rock band with a few different styles on offer. Overall a bit too alternative sounding for me, though the song 'God Damn' is awesome which makes me wonder if they have any other good songs. If nothing else, try to check out the video for 'God Damn' here on this

MySpace Link

Does anyone know if this band is worth investigating further?

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Not a good sign when the first related video on Youtube is a Backstreet Boys song. ;)

To be honest I kind of wish I hadn't seen the video as they're a bit dreggy, but that chorus is excellent. Very catchy. I was going to say it's good but not something I will actively pursue, but I don't know. I dig that chorus a lot. I think they could be a little too laid back overall, though.

:lol: Not a good sign when the first related video on Youtube is a Backstreet Boys song. ;)

To be honest I kind of wish I hadn't seen the video as they're a bit dreggy, but that chorus is excellent. Very catchy. I was going to say it's good but not something I will actively pursue, but I don't know. I dig that chorus a lot. I think they could be a little too laid back overall, though.

Yeah, I've checked them out further and they're not my thing at all. But that song 'God Damn' is really great.

Yeah, I've checked them out further and they're not my thing at all. But that song 'God Damn' is really great.

Cool. I'll just leave it at that too then. :)

"God Damn" is a killer track. The others take some getting used to but you can see the talent. And Geoff, didn't Jaded Heart do a killer remake of a Backstreet Boys song??

"God Damn" is a killer track. The others take some getting used to but you can see the talent. And Geoff, didn't Jaded Heart do a killer remake of a Backstreet Boys song??

Yep, but I doubt the first link (usually meaning it sounds like the song in question) to a Jaded Heart song on Youtube would be a Backstreet Boys song... unless it was a video for that specific cover song. :)