Eonian Records - Aug. 24, 2009

heavyharmonies

Felony_Promo_3.jpg

FELONY

In an era where many "great" artistic wells seem to be starting to run dry, FELONY bursts out of the proverbial rock'n'roll gate like thoroughbred race horses from hell. The proverbial torch-bearers of the Midwest metal scene, this powerhouse dates back to 1989 and the second great sexual revolution of our culture. ‘Helltown Hotel’ documents plenty of attitude and gives us an unobstructed view of the evolution of FELONY from their earlier no-frills metal sound, with songs like the blood-pumping ‘Yank That Chain’ to songs like ‘To The Core’ which chronicle the darker, heavier version of the later day. Representing their unbridled lifestyle and way of performing, the term “Helltown” has become synonymous with all things that are FELONY.

Felony_Front_Cover_120.jpg

1. Cat Daddy

2. Dancin’ On My Grave

3. Heist In Helltown

4. Street Fight

5. Well of Souls

6. To the Core

7. Lost In The Closet

8. Yank That Chain

9. Days of Disease

10. Another Hero

11. F.I.T.H.

12. Shake The Faith

13. Heist In Helltown ’93

14. Heist in Helltown (Live)

15. Mississippi Rollin’

16. Shattered Innocence

http://www.eonianrecords.com/b-felony/felony.html

striketwice_band_page_pix.jpg

STRIKE TWICE

STRIKE TWICE was created by vocalist Michael Hayes and guitarist Rob Luv, two guys with a love in their hearts and souls for hot-blooded hard rock. Fate smiled kindly on them during the 80’s metal revolution as they packed out clubs everywhere they went. Their tight, sleaze-fueled sound and debauchery-drenched stage show struck a chord with fans everywhere. Their music was powerful and precise, their songs designed to deliver hook-heavy entertainment. STRIKE TWICE played their music displaying a killer knack for crafting punchy, high-energy hard rock songs that drip with streetwise swagger and bad boy shock factor. Never settling for second best, STRIKE TWICE gave it all they had, a well-oiled hair metal machine that delivered the goods to hungry hard rockers. With ripping tunes like "Tango," "D.F.W.M.," and "Undress Me," STRIKE TWICE proves beyond any doubt that they possess that indefinable hard rock magic that is still as relevant today as it was in the late 80’s and early 90’s!

striketwice_Front_Cover_120.jpg

1. Tuff Luck

2. Intoxication

3. Never Let Go

4. Get It

5. Dirty Lover

6. One Night With You

7. Undress Me

8. Wake Up Cryin'

9. Tango

10. D.F.W.M.

11. Back Door

http://www.eonianrecords.com/b-striketwice/striketwice.html

• 2 weeks later...

The Strike Twice may just be the best of the Eonian bunch so far. It really rocks. Looking forward to checking out the Felony cd.

The Strike Twice may just be the best of the Eonian bunch so far. It really rocks. Looking forward to checking out the Felony CD.

Haven't heard the finished product yet (my copies should be arriving this week), but based on the samples I was provided in order to write the band's bio, I think Roger is spot-on in his assessment that this is Eonian's best release to date.

The Strike Twice may just be the best of the Eonian bunch so far. It really rocks. Looking forward to checking out the Felony CD.

Haven't heard the finished product yet (my copies should be arriving this week), but based on the samples I was provided in order to write the band's bio, I think Roger is spot-on in his assessment that this is Eonian's best release to date.

2 more to be purchased soon! i'd like to get some press kits also for my archives dungeon.... :tumbsup:

I haven't heard it yet but I know for sure it'll be a spot-on assessment. These Strike Twice guys kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...
The Strike Twice may just be the best of the Eonian bunch so far. It really rocks.

I haven't heard it yet but I know for sure it'll be a spot-on assessment. These Strike Twice guys kick ass.

My copy of Strike Twice arrived in the mail yesterday and personally, I think it destroys anything else Eonian has released like a Viking berserker rampaging through a village full of helpless maidens. Very much in the Jesse Strange/Jones St./McQueen Street vein. A bunch of cool songs, but the one that really knocked my socks off was "D.F.W.M.," which stands for "Don't f*ck with me." Pure hard rockin' attitude on that puppy!!

Ya'll need to buy this. :headbanger:

The Strike Twice may just be the best of the Eonian bunch so far. It really rocks.

My copy of Strike Twice arrived in the mail yesterday and personally, I think it destroys anything else Eonian has released like a Viking berserker rampaging through a village full of helpless maidens. Very much in the Jesse Strange/Jones St./McQueen Street vein. A bunch of cool songs, but the one that really knocked my socks off was "D.F.W.M.," which stands for "Don't f*ck with me." Pure hard rockin' attitude on that puppy!!

Nice, I had a feeling that'd be the case. I hope my copy of this is not too far away at all. :)

Glad you like the Strike Twice. That release came out EXCELLENT. Strike Twice has always been a kick ass band since the early days. 'D.F.W.M.' has always been one of my favourite tracks since that time. It pretty much sums up my attitude with dealing with idiots. :headbanger:

Felony package came out cool as well.

I think Love, Survial & Drive and Heavens Wish would suit this record label.

I posted about Love, Survial & Drive some time ago and barely anyone replied.

Amazing band shame they never released a thing :crying:

Heavens wish almost had a re-release at Suncity record labels, they did release a cd but it's

indie and am not paying stupid prices.

The Strike Twice is f@#king awesome, I love it. :headbanger:

So many good tunes with "Tuff Luck", "Intoxication(the part before the chorus sounds like 'Tangerine Man' from Kik Tracee)", "Never Let Go", "One Night With You", "Wake Up Cryin" and "Undress Me".

Also loving the Felony and think it's the heaviest and most rocking thing to come from Eonian so far and expect to like it even more when I have time to give it a few more spins. :headbanger:

So many good tunes with "Tuff Luck", "Intoxication(the part before the chorus sounds like 'Tangerine Man' from Kik Tracee)", "Never Let Go", "One Night With You", "Wake Up Cryin" and "Undress Me".

Also loving the Felony and think it's the heaviest and most rocking thing to come from Eonian so far and expect to like it even more when I have time to give it a few more spins. :headbanger:

Should be getting the cd's soon ...looking forward to the new songs.

By the way what ever happened to SuncityRecords...no activity since Feb 2009

They are supposed to be releasing the second Jet Red release very soon that last I heard.

Glad you liked them. Each kicks major ass. :beerbang:

Suncity is still alive and kicking. I finished four CD packages for them. The most recent was KIDD SKRUFF.

I think Love, Survial & Drive and Heavens Wish would suit this record label.

I posted about Love, Survial & Drive some time ago and barely anyone replied.

Amazing band shame they never released a thing :crying:

Heavens wish almost had a re-release at Suncity record labels, they did release a cd but it's

indie and am not paying stupid prices.

I already re-released the Heaven's Wish cd well over a year ago. You can find it on my website at a reasonable price.

I love this album as well, have spun it twice and have it cranked all the way when it's playing. I'm trying to think who these guys remind me of, kinda similar to Wildside maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone knows what CDs are scheduled next for releases?

Hoping to see the Sweet Sybil, Broad St. Bullies and Bad Attitude CDs soon.

Anything on Snakeskin Cowboys and the next Gynger Lynn release??

Sgt. Roxx & Dr. Grind are next up on the agenda, scheduled for release on October 27, a nice li'l treat just before Halloween.

As for the others...not sure. I can tell you that I finished writing the bio for Bad Attitude a couple months ago, but I haven't been told when it's slated for release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Extremely happy to see Sgt Roxx get released and then they leave off the acoustic version of 'Dont cry' :yikes:

Much prefer it over the electric version.

Maybe it's cus Im British and were a nation of moaners :bananamac:

On another moaning note, big fan of Wildside and have 2 cds worth of great demos so when Stevie from Tuff made an official cd from them he included alot of shite and the more of the grungey songs yet everybody knows that the fans wanted the sounds from the first release.

Re-released you take the good with the bad.