Need some help with this cd...

martinsane

So I found this one the other day and can not find any information about it?

As you can see from the pictures it is out on Vertigo, the catalogue # is A09-097, the cd is gold (not cdr gold), and the Ronnie song is missprinted on the cd (Ronnin).

Any Metallica-geeks out there that can provide a little release or anything information on this would be cool!

Save0017.jpg

Save0016.jpg

My guess would be chinese boot.

yeah, i also believe the same. i have a chinese boot of p.mantis-demorabilia(also gold) and has some small differences with the original japanese one....

How is the sound quality?

This one sounds spot on. Makes sense about it being a boot, not having any Vertigo info on the disc and such?

Geo, any chance of some scans of that P. Mantis cd?

boot or not, that thing is likely rare as hell, cool find....

My guess would be chinese boot.

yeah, i also believe the same. i have a chinese boot of p.mantis-demorabilia(also gold) and has some small differences with the original japanese one....

How is the sound quality?

This one sounds spot on. Makes sense about it being a boot, not having any Vertigo info on the disc and such?

Geo, any chance of some scans of that P. Mantis cd?

the problem with chinese boots is that there are many sources. Whereas when items get bootlegged in europe, eastern europe or russia, they're usually from the same handful of sources over and over again so similarities can be seen between the pressings.

In china and some other asian countires it seems that every man and his dog have access to a cd pressing set-up and can silver press what ever they like, every new album, every new dvd...

It's like they don't even try to hide that it is a boot, becasue in their society it is just acceptable.

Go on a holiday thru asia and you'll see this sorta cheap shit everywhere, especially where there are tourists.

Every aussie that heads to asia for a holiday comes back with half a suitcase of bootlegged cds and dvds, which is not surprising when you pick them up for a dollar or 2.

The barcode on that outer artwork tray belongs and traces back to a company called:

Mango

352 Park Ave S

New York, NY

More than likely a bootleg with a fake barcode from another company and mismatched disc.

The barcode on that outer artwork tray belongs and traces back to a company called:

Mango

352 Park Ave S

New York, NY

More than likely a bootleg with a fake barcode from another company and mismatched disc.

:rofl2:

Yes, I doubt that Mr Mango realises that his barcode has been added to chinese metallica cds.

How did you research the barcode history?

That POS disc would make a nice coaster.

Tis true the music is pretty shitty, not a shining moment for Metallica, not that there was one after ride The Lightning, but could not pass it up.

And Lindsey, I see people at the used shops scanning barcodes with what looks like a small supermarket scanner, I always wonder what they re up to, I wonder if Mr. Suicide has one of these devices?

Mango

352 Park Ave S

New York, NY

:rofl2:

Yes, I doubt that Mr Mango realises that his barcode has been added to chinese metallica cds.

How did you research the barcode history?

It is easy to properly trace a code if you know that real barcodes are logged into an international barcoding database operated by GS1, the company who's barcode system has become virtually standard worldwide.

Just go to this link that is a trace database for their main US site: http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/gtin.aspx?Lang=en-US

1) Type in the barcode number in the text field and leave the first button 'Trade Item Ownership' ticked. US uses a 12 digit UPC barcode, while most other countries use a 13 digit EAN barcode.

2) If the barcode is registered, the company info will appear. Some newer released items might not be on yet but they should as CD barcodes are usually registered long before a product is released. But as you know sometimes companies lag behind with database input.

3) That trace feature will red-flag an error in the barcode if the numbers don't correspond to a real formatted barcode. Sometimes bootleggers use any numbers not realising their is a valid association of numbers within a real barcode.

4) If company info for the barcode is found, do a search for the company online using the name and address. Most CDs will end up being traced to a CD replication/duplication company or record label or distributor; or a subsidiary of one of these.

If you search that Metallica 'Load' barcode on artwork tray posted you will get 'Mango'. :unsure:. And if you actually search for the address online, you will find that it locates an office building with many law offices and councils and aid foundations who each provide a suite number. Whoever MANGO was didn't provide a suite number. Also, there are many Red Mango restaurants in that general area which could only be a coincidence but something valid should be found for this 'Mango' online unless they have changed their name or gone out of business. One note though, MANGO is also an acronym for 'Management Accounting for Non Governmental Organisations (UK)', which does provide charitable aid to foundations. That MANGO fits right in with the other companies located at that same address...So the UK company might have an office there possibly. The only sure way to know this time is for someone in New York to pay 'Mango' a visit at the location. :lol: