Sign in to follow this  
DaHun72

Pete Sandberg recommendations

I love Pete's voice and was wondering if anyone could recommend some CDs.

I have all of the Midnight Sun CDs and love them. Some of his solo stuff eg. Back in Business wasn't great.

I hear his stuff with Alien is awesome?

silver seraph and opus atlantica are my favorite ones by a country mile!

I have all of the Midnight Sun CDs and love them. Some of his solo stuff eg. Back in Business wasn't great.

He only did "Shiftin' Gear" with Alien, which was okay I guess. He did sing on a few tracks on the debut but only on one version of it (after Jidhed left they replaced some of his songs with some of Sandbergs). His solo discs (i.e, like the JADE album) are very very average, but probably the best thing is the SNAKE CHARMER "Smoke n' Mirrors" disc. - skip their second one.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...oke+and+Mirrors

Some fillers and a horrible Beatles cover aside, it's good stuff. Sorry but I actually don't like his voice at all - he sounds strangled and nasally, and is a million miles from singers like Pekka Heino/Jim Jidhed/Tomas Vikstrom/Goran Edman etc etc....

He only did "Shiftin' Gear" with Alien, which was okay I guess. He did sing on a few tracks on the debut but only on one version of it (after Jidhed left they replaced some of his songs with some of Sandbergs). His solo discs (i.e, like the JADE album) are very very average, but probably the best thing is the SNAKE CHARMER "Smoke n' Mirrors" disc. - skip their second one.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...oke+and+Mirrors

Some fillers and a horrible Beatles cover aside, it's good stuff. Sorry but I actually don't like his voice at all - he sounds strangled and nasally, and is a million miles from singers like Pekka Heino/Jim Jidhed/Tomas Vikstrom/Goran Edman etc etc....

ditto on smoke & mirrors but I also recommend his :" back in business " solo album who imho is on almost on par with his snake charmer - smoke & mirrors effoft.

where are you now Pete?

i don't like his personal albums(at least i bought them very cheaply after mandrake root-RIP- had them on sale for 600 jpy each). my best of him is the silver seraph album.

i don't like his personal albums(at least i bought them very cheaply after mandrake root-RIP- had them on sale for 600 jpy each). my best of him is the silver seraph album.

you dont like Pete Sandberg's personal albums because you keep listening to bob marley cds. :christmas:

Okay, to state the obvious, why the hell is this in the Christian rock forum? :lol:

I actually like the two Jade albums. Like Tim says they're not amazing but there is some excellent stuff on them, more than worth the purchase. I also like 'Back in business', the Snake Charmer disc is excellent an 'Above and beyond' is the only Midnight Sun disc worth owning, imo. Great stuff. Love 'Shiftin' Gear' too. :)