2009 - Most DISSAPOINTING Release

For me without a doubt it's Queensryche's "American Soldier".

I give the band cudos for writing an album about war from the soldiers side and giving spotlight to something that more than deserves it but without good songs what's the point?

This band has lost the f#@king plot and I fear that they will never ever find it again.

While the production is very good on the new disc there's just no songs and at least the hated Q2K and TRIBE had some good songs. This cd makes HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER sound like a f#@king masterpiece in comparison. I bought this disc after reading some good reviews even after I heard some songs and not loving them. The completist in me just couldn't turn my back on a band that at one time was one of my favs of all time but now I just wish I could send the cd to Geoff Tate and ask for my money back. Is it to much to ask for a once proud Progressive Metal band to kick ass again?

So what disc from 2009 made you want to get your money back?

I've been lucky and haven't bought any outright shockers - but these have all been major disappointments for me. The same comment applies to all of these albums - if you can't improve upon albums you've made in the past then why would you bother? Why should I bother listening to "16.6" when I can listen to "Seven Seals"? Why would I play "Aura" when I have "Go!" in my collection?

JEFF SCOTT SOTO - Beautiful Mess

PRIMAL FEAR - 16.6

FAIR WARNING - Aura

JONNY LIMA - Livin' Out Loud

JEFF SCOTT SOTO - Beautiful Mess

heathen

To be fair that's more about the direction rather than the quality. It's veering away from Melodic Rock (too far for my liking)...

No albums so far this year I have bought have been out right turkeys (I didn't get the Tall Stories for a reason) but a few have disappointed a little namely

Alias - Never Say Never

Odd songs are ok, but some songs stay unreleased for a reason. Overall, complete crap compared to the debut.

Howard Leese - Secret Weapon

Starts off well enough with the JLT and Paul Rodgers sung tracks which are really nice, but after those, way to many boring instrumental pieces in between the real songs, which aren't that great either.

TXS - Transmisison X

Bar the odd song or 2, boring, predictable blah blah blah good night ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have bought 22 2009 releases up to now and none of them disappointed me. Good ! :P

Tall Stories

oh yeah backed 100%....I was going to say Bad Habit, but you hit the nail on the head.

BH is one of my albums of the year... i guess you cant be totally great... you half suck.

Dont get me wrong...its not a bad album. Im just disappointed with it as I was hoping for something up there with 'Revolution' and only about 2 or 3 tracks ever reach that quality. & one of those is a re-hashed version of 'Another Night' :whistle:

Tall Stories

oh yeah backed 100%....I was going to say Bad Habit, but you hit the nail on the head.

BH is one of my albums of the year... i guess you cant be totally great... you half suck.

Dont get me wrong...its not a bad album. Im just disappointed with it as I was hoping for something up there with 'Revolution' and only about 2 or 3 tracks ever reach that quality. & one of those is a re-hashed version of 'Another Night' :whistle:

I see your point.

I guess alot of the songs on that one meld into each other...

(is Meld a word?)

Tall Stories

I see your point.

I guess alot of the songs on that one meld into each other...

(is Meld a word?)

only if youre a Trekkie.

No albums so far this year I have bought have been out right turkeys (I didn't get the Tall Stories for a reason) but a few have disappointed a little namely

Alias - Never Say Never

Odd songs are ok, but some songs stay unreleased for a reason. Overall, complete crap compared to the debut.

I think I've read that from most everyone and that's a shame as the debut was pretty damn good.

Also a shame about the reviews on the Tall Stories disc. I was pumped for that one since I loved the debut but from the sounds of it it sounded nothing like the debut at all.

TXS - Transmisison X

Bar the odd song or 2, boring, predictable blah blah blah good night ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, the first song is magnificent. Then, somebody get this CD some life support...

Isn't Tall Stories from last year?

To be honest, I agree that every CD mentioned in this thread is total shit, except Bad Habit and JSS, but I'd be lying if I said they were disappointments, as to be disappointed I'd have to expect something from them in the first place. :)

I don't have my 2009 release list here, but I kind of agree with Bad Habit. It is a good CD and I actually do really like it, but I know they can do a lot better.

Same with JSS, he can do a lot better than that slop.

Some disappointments for me:

Shakra - 'Everest' ; are they seriously ever going to record something that's not bland ever again?

Great White - 'Rising' ; okay, it has to be said. This is really weak for Great White. Disappointing CD.

TXS - Transmisison X

Same with JSS, he can do a lot better than that slop.

I really liked that he pushed the boundaries on this one and it has some great songs.....in fact 2 of my fav songs from 2008, 'Our Song' and 'Gin & Tonic Sky'....2 of the best he's recorded in my book.

Steel Panther 'Feel the Steel'

:lol:

The only disppointment for me was that they didnt manage to include the utterly awesome 'I Want Your Tits'....which is my fav song of the year so far.

Although as usual I downloaded it from itunes and snuck it in on my ipod straight after 'Asian Hooker' which is just perfect.

Oh and also that the disc wasnt enhanced to include the video for 'Community Property'.......which is easily the best rock video ever made. By a long way.

:tumbsup:

LYNCH MOB - Smoke This

Worst disc ever produced IMO.

I've heard it's bad so I've avoided it over the years but I was looking for 2009 releases that were dissapointing. :tumbsup:

Yes once again I misread a post.

No worries Bob. :headbanger:

The only disppointment for me was that they didnt manage to include the utterly awesome 'I Want Your Tits'....which is my fav song of the year so far.

Backed. That and 'Big Boobs' were sad exclusions for me.

Backed. That and 'Big Boobs' were sad exclusions for me.

I agree with SUICIDE