WTF happened to the CDBABY website ?

Swazi

Oh I know someone is not reading, but that aint me for sure. As you can see from the names (small, medium, large) and the dimensions, those boxes are fixed size.

What this means is that the SMALL box for $12.95 is exactly 5 3/8" x 8 1/2" x 1 3/4" big, or converted into European measurements: (13,7cm x 21,6cm x 4,4cm) - get your ruler and measure around, and you'll see that you can fit 3 (THREE) DVDs or 4 (FOUR) CDs inside, there's no room for more!

I know I'm boring you, but in case someone else may find this info useful, here is what you can fit in the flat rate boxes:

SMALL FLAT RATE BOX ($12.95) - Fits up to 4 CDs with jewel cases, or 12-15 without cases.

MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX ($41.95) - Fits 42 CDs with jewel cases, or about 100 without cases.

LARGE FLAT RATE BOX ($53.95) - Fits 70 CDs with jewel cases, or about 150-200 without cases. CAUTION! The weight limit when shipped internationally is 20lbs! May be exceeded if the CDs are heavier (have thicker booklets, or are double CDs).

There is also a FLAT RATE ENVELOPE ($12.95) which can fit 8CDs with jewel cases, or 25-30 without.

Have a nice day and easy on the jokes. USPS is a federal institution and the prices are the same throughout all states.

The "joke" was like rhetorical question, I know that the price is the same throughout all states. ;-) What's the meaning to select a "box" with only 4 cds! :P instead of the envelope (!!) which supposed to include double cds??!! The fact remains the same that I have gotten that stuff for that price, I'm a buyer I don't have motive to raise the ship. price... If you don't believe how much I pay it's not my problem. :banger:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "joke" was like rhetorical question, I know that the price is the same throughout all states. ;-) What's the meaning to select a "box" with only 4 cds! :P instead of the envelope (!!) which supposed to include double cds??!! The fact remains the same that I have gotten that stuff for that price, I'm a buyer I don't have motive to raise the ship. price... If you don't believe how much I pay it's not my problem. :banger:

Ok, I think everyone believes you now and you can stop this BS. Thanks. No need to be so aggressive.

Ok, I think everyone believes you now and you can stop this BS. Thanks. No need to be so aggressive.

I don't care who believes me or not if you think that's bullshit to defend myself from someone who called me dreamy (which means idiot or even crazy) you have the right to say that so I won't post in your thread anymore. If I call you crazy in the future please don't be "aggressive" with me, please try to stay polite, thanks! :tumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Iordan ! :drink:

This shows that CDBaby is still overcharging the overseas customers, but at least the shipping prices have improved since the start of all the changes (take-over). I find these prices to be reasonable now, and no one forces me to buy from CDBaby.

CDBaby does list a few CD's, which you can't get anywhere else, and if you look out for the offers, you do get quite a good deal in the meantime.

Keep in mind those services and prices above are for US Postal Services. If CDBaby is located in New Zealand those prices are not applicable anymore.

The "joke" was like rhetorical question, I know that the price is the same throughout all states. ;-) What's the meaning to select a "box" with only 4 cds! :P instead of the envelope (!!) which supposed to include double cds??!!

Technically the envelope is designed to mail documents inside, while the box is for small items like DVD and CDs. Just because we use the envelope to stuff CDs inside doesnt mean the postal office created it with that purpose in mind.

The fact remains the same that I have gotten that stuff for that price, I'm a buyer I don't have motive to raise the ship. price... If you don't believe how much I pay it's not my problem. :banger:

The fact is, whoever charged you $12.95 and shipped 13 CDs with jewel cases and two tapes gave you a very nice discount and paid the extra to the actual shipping cost out of their pocket. Just because someone gave you a nice discount doesnt mean you have to expect everyone else to do that.

I don't care who believes me or not if you think that's bullshit to defend myself from someone who called me dreamy (which means idiot or even crazy) you have the right to say that so I won't post in your thread anymore. If I call you crazy in the future please don't be "aggressive" with me, please try to stay polite, thanks! :tumbsup:

Dude, I only said "dream on" which simply meant it is impossible to ship the stuff you claim for that price. Plain and simple man. I may not know many things, but I've been shipping package on daily basis for the past 10 years and this is one thing I do know.

Anyhow, I see you will never fall on your back and will keep "defending" yourself throwing verbal punches around, so I'm outta here. You win.

The fact is, whoever charged you $12.95 and shipped 13 CDs with jewel cases and two tapes gave you a very nice discount and paid the extra to the actual shipping cost out of their pocket. Just because someone gave you a nice discount doesnt mean you have to expect everyone else to do that.

The fact is that I'm clever enough to read the written costs on the packages & that I may also dealing with "no professional" sellers if that makes sense.-

• 4 months later...

Peronally i can't see how the prices for 'No plastic' and 'with Jewel cases' are so similar.

For international, the price difference bewteen 10 cds with and without jewel cases is under $6. I can maybe understand $27 for 10 discs with plastic, but $21 for 10 discs without plastic is just plain wrong IMO. I can't see this costing more than $15 without plastic.

And if they are going by weight, then there figures are saying that the jewle case is only 1/5th the weight of the cd, cos that's all they are reducing the price by.

Their shipping prices arent the best, but they certainly aint the worst either.

I have ordered a single CD from sellers in the US in the past, and been charged $12 in jewel case, and its turned up in a small padded envelope.

I've shipped CDs to the USA in both padded envelopes and boxes specifically designed for a single CD, and its never cost more than about £2.50 which would probably be about $4 or so, and I dont believe its much more the other way.