Skillet

Glen

Skillet have revealed the track list to their upcoming new album 'Awake' due out August 25th, check it out below in no particular order:

"Hero"

"Monster"

"Don't Wake Me"

"Awake and Alive"

"One Day Too Late"

"It's Not Me, It's You"

"Should've When You Could've"

"Forgiven"

"Sometimes"

"Never Surrender"

"Lucy"

Hero is on their myspace and sounds like a continuance of the 'Comatose' sound.

http://www.myspace.com/skilletmusic

cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice - never heard this band before. Always lumped them in with bloody Hinder as you always mentioned the two together, but this is way better IMO. Will pick this up...

Nice - never heard this band before. Always lumped them in with bloody Hinder as you always mentioned the two together, but this is way better IMO. Will pick this up...

Mate you need Comatose.....that album is awesome from beginning to end.

Count me stoked for the new album! "Comatose" ranks up there as one of my all-time favorite albums. Looking forward to see what they follow up with. The single "Hero" is pretty solid so far.

Yep love the clips - just ordered it...

There are some great great songs on that album.

My favs are 'The Last Night', 'The Older I get', 'Those Nights' and of course the excellent 'Rebirthing'

Great stuff and pretty much pisses on anything so far this year, except maybe Nural.

Enjoy........cheers

(PS the debut album is not so melodic so I would avoid that one).

There are some great great songs on that album.

My favs are 'The Last Night', 'The Older I get', 'Those Nights' and of course the excellent 'Rebirthing'

Great stuff and pretty much pisses on anything so far this year, except maybe Nural.

Enjoy........cheers

(PS the debut album is not so melodic so I would avoid that one).

Mate you really need to stop lumping bands in with HINDER, really puts me off. :lol:

Hopefully will get this soon, will let you know my thoughts then... Cheers...

Click on the link below to go hear their second single "Monster". It's even better than the first single "Hero". Very cool track! Count me even more stoked than I already was!

http://www.melodic.net/newsOne.asp?newsId=13676

Click on the link below to go hear their second single "Monster". It's even better than the first single "Hero". Very cool track! Count me even more stoked than I already was!

http://www.melodic.net/newsOne.asp?newsId=13676

Just listening to this now on my ipod.........in short it's a fucking monster.

Im stoked about this album too....feeling its gonna be a killer. :headbanger:

Holy shit - that is a killer new track. Awesome.

Btw, I picked up "Comatose" and it's pretty damned good. Especially the opening track ("Rebirthing" I think it's called), which is unbelievable. There are a few I don't like all that much, but I really like their formula and they sure write some big hooky choruses....

Holy shit - that is a killer new track. Awesome.

Btw, I picked up "Comatose" and it's pretty damned good. Especially the opening track ("Rebirthing" I think it's called), which is unbelievable. There are a few I don't like all that much, but I really like their formula and they sure write some big hooky choruses....

only one filler on that album for me and that's the last track which is mostly spoken word and a tad bit too christian.

The rest of it is awesome.

Looking forward to the newie.

Cheers

Btw, I picked up "Comatose" and it's pretty damned good. Especially the opening track ("Rebirthing" I think it's called), which is unbelievable.

Yep, that song is absolutely stunning.

• 3 weeks later...
30 second clips of all songs

http://www.hearitfirst.com/artisthome.aspx...;artist_id=1659

Not sure if the quality is quite up to Comatose, but still sounds good.

:woot: I'm lovin' what I'm hearing on those clips! If it's not as good as Comatose, then it's damn close. I think I might be looking at my 2009 album of the year right there. Can't wait for this thing. "One Day Too Late" and "Should've When You Could've" were masterpieces. I actually think the single "Hero" was one of the worst tracks on there, and even that one is solid. These guys and gals are awesome! I love the fact that they'll do the Christian songs as well as the boy/girl love songs as well. Bravo.

30 second clips of all songs

http://www.hearitfirst.com/artisthome.aspx...;artist_id=1659

Not sure if the quality is quite up to Comatose, but still sounds good.

:woot: I'm lovin' what I'm hearing on those clips! If it's not as good as Comatose, then it's damn close. I think I might be looking at my 2009 album of the year right there. Can't wait for this thing. "One Day Too Late" and "Should've When You Could've" were masterpieces. I actually think the single "Hero" was one of the worst tracks on there, and even that one is solid. These guys and gals are awesome! I love the fact that they'll do the Christian songs as well as the boy/girl love songs as well. Bravo.

yep sounded good...not sure if anything there to compete with Rebirthing or Last Night but we'll see.

Defo looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

The pre-order deluxe version on Itunes is showing two bonus tracks for this new called "Dead Inside" and "Would It Matter". I really hope you can buy this deluxe version as a hard copy too.

The pre-order deluxe version on Itunes is showing two bonus tracks for this new called "Dead Inside" and "Would It Matter". I really hope you can buy this deluxe version as a hard copy too.

What is 'Deluxe' about a download I ask?. Nothing in my book ;)

:lol:

at least a download doesnt take up space and gather dust.......and get carted all over my house by my 2 year old

at least a download doesnt take up space and gather dust.......and get carted all over my house by my 2 year old

Where's the joy of waiting for the postman to come, spending 3 hours taking all the wrapping off, then reading the booklet and spinning the disc for that first time? Instead you pay a load of cash for someone to send you a link... :screwy:

Where's the joy of waiting for the postman to come

Backed.

Where's the joy of waiting for the postman to come

Backed.

Ask my wife :D

:yikes: - I'll keep my CD collection thanx very much.

Yeah, I may download a hell of a lot but I also go to lengths to own everything I like on CD. Nothing beats having the real thing and the f*cked up thing is that one day those CDRs (if you rip the MP3's onto CDR and then dispose of or lose MP3's) will one day f*ck up and become a crackling mess.