Reckless Love

dethuniverse

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Bomb - Fuck me sideways, there will have to be a freakin' amazing song come out this year to knock this one from the top spot.

Dont worry mate...about half of the Treat album blows the balls off that song....if it had any that is ;-)

Okay, here I come with one of these trendy track-by-track summaries:

Feel My Heat - Pretty standard opener. Good tune that sets the mood nicely, but really not that great.

One More Time - Chorus has been discussed many a time and my opinion is still the same as it was when I first heard it. Should have varied between lead/backing vocals in the chorus, but it's still a great track.

Badass - My favourite of the first three. Great riff, great solid hard rocker.

Love Machine - Good anthem, but does sound a lot like 'I love rock n' roll' and it definitely isn't as good as most other tracks on the CD.

Beautiful Bomb - It's all been said before, but this song is just perfect to me.

Romance - Another great hard rocker, killer chorus with huge backing vocals. One of the best on the CD.

Sex - This one starts out like like a ballad off one of Casanova's first two albums. Love that guitar riff and it is immediately brilliant. In a perfect world I'd want better chorus lyrics, but still a stunning song.

Back To Paradise - Great 80's pop rocker. Good updeat tune that reminds me of Dominoe at their best.

So Yeah - Good time rock n' roll here. I find this chorus so catchy. Lyrics are a little daft in the chorus and I almost wonder if something as cliche as "She's so hot" wouldn't have been a more enjoyable fit, but who cares? Great tune anyway.

Wild Touch - Arguably the best song on the CD. Perfect hard rock riff, killer chorus... nothing could be done to improve this track.

Born To Rock - Album ends as it began. Huge anthem but honestly, this track's pretty average.

Overall, I do enjoy this CD a lot. Will be interested to see how it ranks this year.

Okay, here I come with one of these trendy track-by-track summaries:

Feel My Heat - Pretty standard opener. Good tune that sets the mood nicely, but really not that great.

One More Time - Chorus has been discussed many a time and my opinion is still the same as it was when I first heard it. Should have varied between lead/backing vocals in the chorus, but it's still a great track.

Badass - My favourite of the first three. Great riff, great solid hard rocker.

Love Machine - Good anthem, but does sound a lot like 'I love rock n' roll' and it definitely isn't as good as most other tracks on the CD.

Beautiful Bomb - It's all been said before, but this song is just perfect to me.

Romance - Another great hard rocker, killer chorus with huge backing vocals. One of the best on the CD.

Sex - This one starts out like like a ballad off one of Casanova's first two albums. Love that guitar riff and it is immediately brilliant. In a perfect world I'd want better chorus lyrics, but still a stunning song.

Back To Paradise - Great 80's pop rocker. Good updeat tune that reminds me of Dominoe at their best.

So Yeah - Good time rock n' roll here. I find this chorus so catchy. Lyrics are a little daft in the chorus and I almost wonder if something as cliche as "She's so hot" wouldn't have been a more enjoyable fit, but who cares? Great tune anyway.

Wild Touch - Arguably the best song on the CD. Perfect hard rock riff, killer chorus... nothing could be done to improve this track.

Born To Rock - Album ends as it began. Huge anthem but honestly, this track's pretty average.

Overall, I do enjoy this CD a lot. Will be interested to see how it ranks this year.

Nice mate. Tracks 5-8 & 10 I have yet to hear better songs this year so far, 'Sex' especially. Ballad of the year without a shadow of doubt I think. :headbanger:

Yeah, 'Sex' is killer. Do you get that early Casanova vibe at all in the intro? I might even play my Casanova albums (or could I be thinking of a Charade song perhaps?) asap to find out which song that intro reminds me of. Definitely reminds me of something awesome. Either way, absolutely love it.

Yeah, 'Sex' is killer. Do you get that early Casanova vibe at all in the intro? I might even play my Casanova albums (or could I be thinking of a Charade song perhaps?) asap to find out which song that intro reminds me of. Definitely reminds me of something awesome. Either way, absolutely love it.

My initial impression was a very American AOR sound and very Denander in guitar tone and style to be honest, but I can see your point on Casanova.

The intro to "Sex" reminds me off the one to Casanova's "Burning Love" (just how great is this song btw?)...maybe that's the one you mean?

Overall, I think Reckless Love delivered a quite strong debut, especially the second half of the disc is great! If they manage to write more songs like "Wild Touch", "Beautiful Bomb" or "Romance" we're in for a nice future with these guys.

Unfortunately there are some weaker songs on this disc as well, namely "Love Machine" (almost a carbon copy of "I love Rock'n'Roll", except the Van Halen-like bridge) or "Feel the Heat" (although I like the Autograph-vibe), so for me this is blown away by Crazy Lixx' "New Religion" easily!

The intro to "Sex" reminds me off the one to Casanova's "Burning Love" (just how great is this song btw?)...maybe that's the one you mean?

Overall, I think Reckless Love delivered a quite strong debut, especially the second half of the disc is great! If they manage to write more songs like "Wild Touch", "Beautiful Bomb" or "Romance" we're in for a nice future with these guys.

Unfortunately there are some weaker songs on this disc as well, namely "Love Machine" (almost a carbon copy of "I love Rock'n'Roll", except the Van Halen-like bridge) or "Feel the Heat" (although I like the Autograph-vibe), so for me this is blown away by Crazy Lixx' "New Religion" easily!

Crazy Lixx absolutely destroys this album.

Although I do like the 4 songs which most people are talking about here, in particular 'Romance' and 'Sex' are both excellent. All the others tho I could take or leave to be honest.

Ive been listening to this album a lot over the last few days. Happy to report that its definitely got better overall with repeated spins....

I knew the opener 'Feel My Heat' would grow on me and its done just that...I now really like this song. The same can be said for 'Badass'....really like the vibe here and as Jez said earlier the guitar work is generally outstanding.

Still struggling with tracks 2 & 4....these are just outright fillers to these ears and Im not sure if Ive even made it all the way through each song even once! lol. That chanty chorus on 'One More Time' is just so annoying. Bordering on dreadful. hey ho.

Tracks 5-8 I really love....even if BB is so sickly sweet it almost makes me ill....but truly I do love these 4 tracks, esp 'Sex' which I agree with some of the comments could end up being the best ballad of the year...we'll see. One interesting thought on this song - does anyone get a Billy Idol vibe on the first verse....vocals sound very similar?? Only the first verse tho.

'So Yeah' has grown on me too. A fun song and the verses are great!

'Wild Touch' is just :bowdown: so no more comment necessary.

The last track is a real downer for me, cos after the really great second half to the album, this is a really disappointing end. Its an OK song but nothing more.

All in all I really like this album, but its been eclipsed for me by Treat and Crazy Lixx which really are awesome and much more consistent.

I can still see this featuring quite highly for me come year end.

Cheers

I only bought this album for the great cover and tray :P . Fantastic logo you don't don't see many covers like this these days.

And the music. As many other has stated earlier, this album really starts from track 4 with som electric songs. best for me is Beautiful bombs, Romance, Sex and Back to Paradise.

For me me it is the weakest album out of Treat, Crazy lixx and Crash Diet. :taz:

I only bought this album for the great cover and tray :P . Fantastic logo you don't don't see many covers like this these days.

And the music. As many other has stated earlier, this album really starts from track 4 with som electric songs. best for me is Beautiful bombs, Romance, Sex and Back to Paradise.

For me me it is the weakest album out of Treat, Crazy lixx and Crash Diet. :taz:

Wow Crashdiet must be up there then....nice to hear

Wow Crashdiet must be up there then....nice to hear

I have heard most of the songs and I think it's their best so far. Think they have progressed one step on everything this time. And the two songs that were on the Sweden Rock magazine taster EP was just amazing and are not even on the regular album.

I believe this is going to be one of the top albums of the year.

Yeah, I've only heard the one single from Crashdiet, and the two songs on that sampler that didn't even make the cut. If they are anything to go buy my money's on Crashdiet to blow this album away too. :) I'm 99% sure I'll prefer Treat and Crazy Lixx too. :) Still, just shows how much quality is around this year if this can be eclipsed that easily.

I received the Craxy Lixx and Reckless Love disc on Friday ripped it all to my mp3 player and have been listening all weekend. I decided to start with Reckless Love to mostly spin since it has been out longer. My take on Reckless Love....great disc.

Track 1 didn't stay on my MP3 player very long, didnt care for it, and I dont even know its name.

One More Time, I like the all band vocals in the chorus and that is about it. Without the chorus it would have been deleted as well...and it might get deleted soon as it is wearing thin...we'll see.

Now with track 3, Badass, this disc takes off. It gets a little harder and a little attitude starts to settle in. Love Machine is good, Beautiful Bomb is probably my least favorite of the good tracks...before you jump on me for that, it is a great tune, just least favorite of the good ones. The second half of this disc is the strongest IMO. Romance, Sex, Back To Paradise, Wild Touch and Born To Rock are outstanding tracks. Track 9, So Yeah, I didnt care for and it was deleted.

If I had to pick a favorite song off this disc, it would be Wild Touch with Back To Paradise coming in a very close second.

This week I'll get to spin the Crazy Lixx disc some more but all I can say now is I really like the first 4 songs a lot.

isn;t "back to paradise" the very modern 'pop' song?

People like this one??????

Great album but that song is :puke:

:lol: I was wondering if I was gonna get some feedback for liking that song but I didnt think it would be within minutes! Yeah, it almost has, dare I say, a dance or club beat to it. Sometimes I think what happens for me is I really like the sleaze, the attitude, the hard rock, then a band does something different, for example, uses a saxaphone, piano, female vocals or whatever and incorporates that into a song. Maybe because it is unique to the disc's overall style is why I like. A good change of pace, what can I say, it might be none of that but I just really like it. But thanks for not holding back on the opinion Lindsay. :tumbsup:

:lol: I was wondering if I was gonna get some feedback for liking that song but I didnt think it would be within minutes! Yeah, it almost has, dare I say, a dance or club beat to it. Sometimes I think what happens for me is I really like the sleaze, the attitude, the hard rock, then a band does something different, for example, uses a saxaphone, piano, female vocals or whatever and incorporates that into a song. Maybe because it is unique to the disc's overall style is why I like. A good change of pace, what can I say, it might be none of that but I just really like it. But thanks for not holding back on the opinion Lindsay. :tumbsup:

Yeah, definitely a modern pop track... if you own a Delorean and drove it back into 1988. :lol: Seriously, not sure what you're hearing but I made the comparison to 80's pop/melodic rock/AOR band Dominoe and if I do say so myself, that's a pretty sweet comparison. ;) It has 80's written all over it if you ask me.

Yeah, definitely a modern pop track... if you own a Delorean and drove it back into 1988. :lol: Seriously, not sure what you're hearing but I made the comparison to 80's pop/melodic rock/AOR band Dominoe and if I do say so myself, that's a pretty sweet comparison. ;) It has 80's written all over it if you ask me.

'Paradise' is very 80's. I said in my original impression that the verse sounded like Laura Branigan's 'Gloria' (I did infact mean a quicker 'Self Control'). The beginning also sounds like 'Eliminator' style ZZ Top with the Synth bass thing going on and the chorus could be something straight out of a Eurovison pop song, mix those 3 together in a cooking pot and you have 'Back To Paradise'. Whatever, it's a very catchy track and a great song.

My first thought... it's the Galvatrons!!!!!!

Back To Paradise is my son's favorite on the album, he's added it to his MP3 player and has been singing it constantly.

I just think it sounds like I Was Made For Lovin' You from KISS?

As discussed in some other random thread.....

Last night I had another listen to the 'Speed Princess' EP, and year... it's garbage. 3 tracks, not one of which i could listen all the way thru. So they have definitely taken great steps to arrive where they are with such a great album.

As discussed in some other random thread.....

Last night I had another listen to the 'Speed Princess' EP, and year... it's garbage. 3 tracks, not one of which i could listen all the way thru. So they have definitely taken great steps to arrive where they are with such a great album.

Yeah, I thought 'Speed Princess' was an ok song, but the other two were horrend...not great ;). They have definitely come on along way in the songwriting stakes in the last 3 or so years that's for sure.

This sort of stuff isn't usually my thing, but I really like this one. "So Yeah" is a shocking track, totally out-of-place on an otherwise killer second half, but the rest is really good. Production is thin but pretty clear, the harmonies are great, and "Beautiful Bomb" is a monster track - and the highlight IMO. They remind me of Tigertailz with a few more keys. Is very strange listening to this type of stuff in 2010, as I don't do so often, and it sounds proper cheesy, but this is really good - better than the last WIG WAM IMO. Though the TREAT album is better than this...

This sort of stuff isn't usually my thing, but I really like this one. "So Yeah" is a shocking track, totally out-of-place on an otherwise killer second half, but the rest is really good. Production is thin but pretty clear, the harmonies are great, and "Beautiful Bomb" is a monster track - and the highlight IMO. They remind me of Tigertailz with a few more keys. Is very strange listening to this type of stuff in 2010, as I don't do so often, and it sounds proper cheesy, but this is really good - better than the last WIG WAM IMO. Though the TREAT album is better than this...

My 3 year old daughter likes 'Beautiful Bomb'.....says it all really. Sounds like it should be on cbeebees