Reckless Love

dethuniverse

I asked this in a different post but not sure I got a reply. I also tried to search but this question is hard to search for.

Where do you guys go to find out the details of and buy the Japanese releases of new CD's?

With Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, etc. coming out soon, I would like to see what other material might be available on the JP release and decide if I want to pay for that or not.

To answer your question, I don't know.

I know there is some jap site that focuses on rare jap releases I think but not sure about new stuff jap. Ebay will surely have some sellers selling them as will Amazon eventually but as for a place to look besides those two I have no idea.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Beautiful Bomb" is a great track - nice combo of Sleaze and AOR. Wasn't a big fan of the other tunes I heard but full marks for that one....

I've received the album on last Friday. What could I say...It's fantastic. Full of party anthems with energy and big choruses. This is how arena rock should be in 2010.

Samples of all the tracks

Took me a few minutes and guessing in Finnish how to find these samples. You need to click on the red button on the right to get to the next track, I take it the left on to go back.

After only a brief listen, Beautiful Bomb still stands out as the best track. But this is loads of fun, no real filler.

Sounds like the funnest 80's glamrock album since last year's Steel Panther, minus all the swearing.

I wish this was available through the couple of cool Aussie retailers just brought to my attention by The Lindsmyster. But alas, looks like another one that'll be on my want list for years before I get a hard copy. :(

Samples of all the tracks

Took me a few minutes and guessing in Finnish how to find these samples. You need to click on the red button on the right to get to the next track, I take it the left on to go back.

After only a brief listen, Beautiful Bomb still stands out as the best track. But this is loads of fun, no real filler.

Sounds like the funnest 80's glamrock album since last year's Steel Panther, minus all the swearing.

thanks for the link. what awesome tracks!!!

althouhg i think beautiful bomb is one of the weaker tracks on the disc.

this is gonna be one hell of an album, and combined with crashdiet and crazy lixx, one hell of a beginning to 2010!

These all sound excellent, especially 'Beautiful Bomb', 'Back To Paradise', 'Sex' and 'Wild Touch'. Only 'Love Machine' sounds a bit dodgy. Can't wait to get this in about 3 weeks, when it gets a full Euro release.

OUCH!!! I just paid 22$ for this at NEH. It better be damn good, that's the most I've paid for a new cd in a long time.

Yeah, got to spin it too and it's fantastic. 'Beautiful bomb', 'Wild touch', 'Badass', 'Romance' and the fantastic ballad, 'Sex' are all amazing. I didn't really think there were any duds at all. Maybe one or two that were not quite as good as the rest, but no fillers as far as I can tell. Just great, super melodic glam rock. Reminds me a little of Shotgun Messiah's debut and Tigertailz 'Bezerk' mixed with a Scandi melodic rock / AOR band.

Just great, super melodic glam rock. Reminds me a little of Shotgun Messiah's debut and Tigertailz 'Bezerk' mixed with a Scandi melodic rock / AOR band.

My compariosn (as can be seen in 'First Spin Impressions') is the cheese of wigwam, the pop of Trixter's debut, and the hair metal of the first 2 danger danger albums.

I don't think it's has the sleaze elements of shotgun messiah and tigertails... it's more pure melodic hair metal IMO.

Just great, super melodic glam rock. Reminds me a little of Shotgun Messiah's debut and Tigertailz 'Bezerk' mixed with a Scandi melodic rock / AOR band.

My compariosn (as can be seen in 'First Spin Impressions') is the cheese of wigwam, the pop of Trixter's debut, and the hair metal of the first 2 danger danger albums.

I don't think it's has the sleaze elements of shotgun messiah and tigertails... it's more pure melodic hair metal IMO.

Yeah, it is very clean cut and unsleazy, and Wig Wam is also a very valid comparison. Even D2's first two albums I can see. I don't know, ever since I heard 'Beautiful bomb' I haven't been able to get the Tigertailz 'Love bomb baby' comparison out of my head - songs that good don't come by often... and as I was listening to a few of the harder rocking tunes I had glimpses of Shotgun Messiah's debut yesterday... mostly, I think, in the sound/style of the recording maybe?

One thing I forgot to mention, that really took me by surprise, was that the solos on this disc are AWESOME too. Great stuff.

I had a full hearing of this one finally and it definitely gets a big thumbs up from me. A couple of tracks I won't be raving over too much (Love Machine & So Yeah) but there are definitely 9 very good to excellent tracks on here, mostly on the middle to second half of the disc for me - tracks 5-8 are all brilliant with some huge choruses you will be humming for weeks. My 5 picks go to 'Beautiful Bomb', 'Sex', 'Back To Paradise', 'Romance' and 'Wild Touch', although I dare say yours will depend on if you like the more glammy type tracks or the more AOR/MR style ones, as there is a nice mix of both on show. Production on here is great too, with a massive drum sound and also of note some really fine guitar work, subtle keys and a great mix too. Me thinks this is going to give the new Treat record a big run for it's money.

Here's my little run down for anyone who is even remotely interested ;)

Feel My Heat - Nice, bombastic opener. The beginning reminded me of the great Autograph in places, especially the dirty great big drum sound when the riff kicks in. The chorus is strong and the guitar solo kicks ass, especially the second half breakdown into the chorus. Good start.

One More Time - A bit weak for me this one. Big chanty chorus, which isn't that good compared to some of the others on the album. Nice solo again though.

Badass - Great, heavy opening riff and a great groove. Big drums again which I love and another big chorus with a definite Wig Wam groove to it. Good tune

Love Machine - Corny as hell (believe me, none of this is remotely original) ;) ) with it's 'I Love Rock 'n Roll' type chorus. Not terrible, but certainly not that great either and the worst track on here for me by a long mile.

Beautiful Bomb - Obvious single choice, as it is catchy as hell with a huge huge chorus. Love this song and one of my album highlights

Romance - Great track. Great main riff and good chorus with those nice 'twinkly' keys in the mix. Nice tune

Sex - Brilliant, very AOR style ballad. Pumping electronic bass and a quite brilliant, very Westcoast sounding guitar part, that reminded me alot of Tommy Denander's playing. A really strong song with a massive chorus and one of the major highlights of this album. Superb.

Back To Paradise - One of those ultra commercial songs that could even be a Eurovision entry I swear not. It starts off very ZZ Top 'Eliminator' style like with it's pumping electronic bass and drums and has a verse not unlike Laura Branigan's 'Gloria'. The chorus has that ultra Euro Pop feel about it, sickly sweet, but is hugely catchy and I have been humming this one ever since I heard it. I can see why some people are not going to like this one at all, as it is very 'Poppy' for some tastes, but I love it all the same.

So Yeah - Hmm, not my fave on here and one of the weaker tracks. Not bad, not great

Wild Touch - Another great track. Excellent guitar groove, nice and upbeat with another great chorus and excellent guitar solo (a plus point throughout this disc) and very Treat like harmonies. Top stuff

Born To Rock - This is ok, big chant along chorus that really reminds me of something else I can't put my finger on at the moment. Not the best track on the album, but not bad as a finisher.

Romance - Great track. Great main riff and good chorus with those nice 'twinkly' keys in the mix. Nice tune

Killer tune.....killer solo

I had a full hearing of this one finally and it definitely gets a big thumbs up from me. A couple of tracks I won't be raving over too much (Love Machine & So Yeah) but there are definitely 9 very good to excellent tracks on here, mostly on the middle to second half of the disc for me - tracks 5-8 are all brilliant with some huge choruses you will be humming for weeks. My 5 picks go to 'Beautiful Bomb', 'Sex', 'Back To Paradise', 'Romance' and 'Wild Touch', although I dare say yours will depend on if you like the more glammy type tracks or the more AOR/MR style ones, as there is a nice mix of both on show. Production on here is great too, with a massive drum sound and also of note some really fine guitar work, subtle keys and a great mix too. Me thinks this is going to give the new Treat record a big run for it's money.

Here's my little run down for anyone who is even remotely interested ;)

Feel My Heat - Nice, bombastic opener. The beginning reminded me of the great Autograph in places, especially the dirty great big drum sound when the riff kicks in. The chorus is strong and the guitar solo kicks ass, especially the second half breakdown into the chorus. Good start.

One More Time - A bit weak for me this one. Big chanty chorus, which isn't that good compared to some of the others on the album. Nice solo again though.

Badass - Great, heavy opening riff and a great groove. Big drums again which I love and another big chorus with a definite Wig Wam groove to it. Good tune

Love Machine - Corny as hell (believe me, none of this is remotely original) ;) ) with it's 'I Love Rock 'n Roll' type chorus. Not terrible, but certainly not that great either and the worst track on here for me by a long mile.

Beautiful Bomb - Obvious single choice, as it is catchy as hell with a huge huge chorus. Love this song and one of my album highlights

Sex - Brilliant, very AOR style ballad. Pumping electronic bass and a quite brilliant, very Westcoast sounding guitar part, that reminded me alot of Tommy Denander's playing. A really strong song with a massive chorus and one of the major highlights of this album. Superb.

Back To Paradise - One of those ultra commercial songs that could even be a Eurovision entry I swear not. It starts off very ZZ Top 'Eliminator' style like with it's pumping electronic bass and drums and has a verse not unlike Laura Branigan's 'Gloria'. The chorus has that ultra Euro Pop feel about it, sickly sweet, but is hugely catchy and I have been humming this one ever since I heard it. I can see why some people are not going to like this one at all, as it is very 'Poppy' for some tastes, but I love it all the same.

So Yeah - Hmm, not my fave on here and one of the weaker tracks. Not bad, not great

Wild Touch - Another great track. Excellent guitar groove, nice and upbeat with another great chorus and excellent guitar solo (a plus point throughout this disc) and very Treat like harmonies. Top stuff

Born To Rock - This is ok, big chant along chorus that really reminds me of something else I can't put my finger on at the moment. Not the best track on the album, but not bad as a finisher.

Nailed it Jez. Nailed it.

I will try to do a track by track soon too. On repeated spins I think the start of the disc is kind of restrained a little. The first 4 songs are all cool enough, but the highlights for me are the majestic trio of 'Beautiful bomb', 'Romance' and 'Sex. Combine those three with 'Wild touch' and you have my favourite tunes on the disc. I'm not sure if this one has over-taken Taking Dawn as favourite disc of the year so far... time will tell, I dare say.

I will try to do a track by track soon too. On repeated spins I think the start of the disc is kind of restrained a little. The first 4 songs are all cool enough, but the highlights for me are the majestic trio of 'Beautiful bomb', 'Romance' and 'Sex. Combine those three with 'Wild touch' and you have my favourite tunes on the disc. I'm not sure if this one has over-taken Taking Dawn as favourite disc of the year so far... time will tell, I dare say.

Ha, I was convinced you'd say you love the whole disc, but in actual fact your thoughts are pretty similar to mine.

The first few songs are OK, but I could take or leave them to be honest (time will tell if they grow further....first track might do?). Kind of bubblegum rock with fairly juvenile lyrics which fall in that grey area of just being cheesy rather than cool or over the top outrageous & funny like Steel Panther

'Beautiful Bomb' nearly falls into this category too, but the hook is so many million miles better that it gets away with it.

From 'Romance' on, its like wowser, is this a different band??

'Romance' is just kick arse MHR which could be lifted straight from the Bon Jovi s/t, next up is 'Sex' which is ultra cool, ultra smooth almost AOR styled song which reminds me of D2 debut, then 'Back To Paradise' has the pop feel, but I really like the vibe and the chorus is cool.....dips a bit on 'So Yeah', not too keen on the hook here (which is non-existent to be honest), but the verses I like......'Wild Touch' is another blissful MHR song, and 'Born To Rock' is a decent, if cliched, end.

Just wish some of those earlier songs could be more like 'Romance'.

Good album, but I have a feeling that Treat and Crazy Lixx are going to destroy this in 2 weeks time.

Ha, I was convinced you'd say you love the whole disc, but in actual fact your thoughts are pretty similar to mine.

The first few songs are OK, but I could take or leave them to be honest (time will tell if they grow further....first track might do?). Kind of bubblegum rock with fairly juvenile lyrics which fall in that grey area of just being cheesy rather than cool or over the top outrageous & funny like Steel Panther

'Beautiful Bomb' nearly falls into this category too, but the hook is so many million miles better that it gets away with it.

From 'Romance' on, its like wowser, is this a different band??

'Romance' is just kick arse MHR which could be lifted straight from the Bon Jovi s/t, next up is 'Sex' which is ultra cool, ultra smooth almost AOR styled song which reminds me of D2 debut, then 'Back To Paradise' has the pop feel, but I really like the vibe and the chorus is cool.....dips a bit on 'So Yeah', not too keen on the hook here (which is non-existent to be honest), but the verses I like......'Wild Touch' is another blissful MHR song, and 'Born To Rock' is a decent, if cliched, end.

Just wish some of those earlier songs could be more like 'Romance'.

Good album, but I have a feeling that Treat and Crazy Lixx are going to destroy this in 2 weeks time.

Yeah, I'm loving the disc too but I have no doubt at all that Treat and Crazy Lixx will destroy it.

Just on a couple of the other songs mentioned, 'Born to rock' would have to be the weakest song on the CD for me. Either that or 'Love machine'. I'm also getting a little tired of 'One more time' I hate to say. The chanty chorus is bound to just get annoying soon. :lol: But I have to say, I actually really dig the 'So yeah' song. Different, but it has a cool vibe. I like it. I also like 'Run to paradise' a lot too. I think the first 4 and 'Born to Rock' are the weakest tunes, but will spin more to confirm. I remember 'Badass' was one of my early faves so will need to revisit.

No release was as self hyped as this one. Ever since seeing the Beautiful Bomb video back in like November, I've been waiting day in and day out to getting this one. I just got it in today.

Feel My Heat - A cool opener, excellent 80's styled track, with a solid chorus.

One More Time - I freakin, love this song. I, like most others find the all band chanty chorus should have been mostly done only be the lead vox, with the all band chant near the end of the chorus or near the end of the track. I'd love to reproduce, mix and edit this one to make it an even better song.

Badass - The heaviest track on the album, good song, great solo just not as badass as the title.

Love Machine - This is the only really weakish song on here. Way too much like I Love Rock n Roll, creepy!!!

Beautiful Bomb - Fuck me sideways, there will have to be a freakin' amazing song come out this year to knock this one from the top spot.

Romance - Good song, not my fav, but no real complaints. Reminds me of really early Bon Jovi.

Sex - Kinda doesn't fit with the rest of the release, but as a song, this one really has the goods.

Back To Paradise - Pure 80's pop rock. Hard not to like it. My wife loved it instantly.

So Yeah - Pure 1984 era Van Halen or early solo DLR. Corny, cheesy and mmm good! Even the solo is so Eddie Van Halen, as are the DLR yalps done by Ollie.

Wild Touch - Awesome song!!! No need to say more

Born To Rock - Another 1984 - VH era, Y&T-Summertime Girl type track that reminds me of ''a hot summer night''...that's actually the first line of the song. I love it!!!

By far the funnest cd since Steel Panther. Are the songs better than SP, No not really! The lyrics and attitude sure are though. Not often do I anticipate a release as much as I did this one. Was it worth the wait, I guess so? I was expected to be blown away like when I finally got Brother Firetribe's - False Metal....that surely didn't happen. I'm sure this will make my top 10 at the end of the year, but I have a feeling the number 1 spot at the top of my list is still up for grabs.