Blue Ruby - Blue Ruby (1995)

JC_AOR

Can anyone tell me anything about this release which is listed on the HH's main site? I've been searching for ages and can't find a thing about them. Certainly looks interesting.

BLUERUBY_BR.JPG

Domenic Pearce lead vocals, programming

Chris Zidanski keyboards, programming

Tony Philips bass guitar

Michael Emerling bass guitar

Kevin McKay guitars

Sam Hartfield guitars

1. Show Me the Way

2. Brighter Day

3. If Only I Could

4. Just for Tonight

5. No Escape from Love

6. Don't Make a Sound

7. Does It Make a Difference

Can anyone tell me anything about this release which is listed on the HH's main site? I've been searching for ages and can't find a thing about them. Certainly looks interesting.

BLUERUBY_BR.JPG

Domenic Pearce lead vocals, programming

Chris Zidanski keyboards, programming

Tony Philips bass guitar

Michael Emerling bass guitar

Kevin McKay guitars

Sam Hartfield guitars

1. Show Me the Way

2. Brighter Day

3. If Only I Could

4. Just for Tonight

5. No Escape from Love

6. Don't Make a Sound

7. Does It Make a Difference

Melbourne band. Great keyboard laden AOR along the lines of their fellow AOR journeymen Avalon, Black China, Saffire, Risky Business.

There is only one F in Safire, Andre.

Keep your eyes out for a band called "Someones else life", they feature jason and Mik of Square One.

I owned this one once... think it went to Taki too. Like most these ones I found. :lol: Decent slab of AOR actually, not bad at all.

• 6 months later...

I really want this CD sooo bad. :) Just thought I'd share that in case anyone wants to give it to me. But seriously, if you see this one for sale somewhere, please please please give me a shout. I looked for it while doing some CD hunting in Melbourne recently but I was dreaming to think I'd actually find it.

I really want this CD sooo bad. :) Just thought I'd share that in case anyone wants to give it to me. But seriously, if you see this one for sale somewhere, please please please give me a shout. I looked for it while doing some CD hunting in Melbourne recently but I was dreaming to think I'd actually find it.

I've covered the melbourne shops pretty much down pat, if you want the cd please pm me a tradeslist.

I've covered the melbourne shops pretty much down pat, if you want the cd please pm me a tradeslist.

you may covered these shops but finally i got all the babies i was looking for from kiribati islands(and i'm not kidding) :guitbannana:

you may covered these shops but finally i got all the babies i was looking for from kiribati islands(and i'm not kidding) :guitbannana:

:beerbang: congrats geo, I knew you'd eventually locate Ian who used to live in melbourne & reknown hardcore buyer of metal & hard rock lp's that just moved to the kiribati islands.

say Andre says hi the next time you email him :beerbang:

:beerbang: congrats geo, I knew you'd eventually locate Ian who used to live in melbourne & reknown hardcore buyer of metal & hard rock lp's that just moved to the kiribati islands.

alas,my buddy! i don't know ian. only pascal. who used to live in NZ and now he's in kiribati islands. eventually he took some boxes of great stuff with him!

alas,my buddy! i don't know ian. only pascal. who used to live in NZ and now he's in kiribati islands. eventually he took some boxes of great stuff with him!

F*ck the CDs, guys. How the hell is this guy supporting a life in the Kiribati Islands? I thought people only did that in movies. Is he older and retired and completely loaded, or is he still working from the Islands? And if so, what does he do? I want to be him. Teach me his secrets.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks to Geoff for helping me out with this one. It's pretty laid back AOR, definitely on the softer side of the genre but still has some very nice songs on here.

Yeah, I spun it again the other night too. Nice vocals and a good production. The songs are all pretty cool without ever being too exciting, imo... but it's really not a bad disc at all.

• 5 months later...

Seems like a very odd choice for a re-issue. Hard to believe actually. I thought this band was quite unknown except in these small AOR circles.

Still, great news if it's true. As long as its not a dodgy TimeWarp re-issue.

Keep us posted if you hear any more Lindsay.

I want one !

• 6 years later...

I started this topic almost 8 years ago to the day and still don't own this CD. I have it in mp3 format but would still love to add this to my Aussie CD collection.