Eonian Records - May 17, 2009

I've spun both of these one time each so far and both are very good.

So far Shake City is my fav and might be my fav Eonian release so far. How did these guys not get a record deal? The UZI is very good too and has much heavieer angrier vibe which I like but the production on the Shake City is much better.

I picked Shake City and Uzi up in the Wishingwell sale - good opportunity to get them nice and cheap. All 6 Eonian releases, if you want, in fact. Comments to follow soon. :)

I picked Shake City and Uzi Suite up in the Wishingwell sale - good opportunity to get them nice and cheap. All 6 Eonian releases, if you want, in fact. Comments to follow soon. :)

I'm kind of torn right now if Shake City or Pistol Dawn is the best Eonian release.

I picked Shake City and Uzi Suite up in the Wishingwell sale - good opportunity to get them nice and cheap. All 6 Eonian releases, if you want, in fact. Comments to follow soon. :)

I'm kind of torn right now if Shake City or Pistol Dawn is the best Eonian release.

Nice. Pistol Dawn is easily my fave of the first 4, so hopefully I agree.

The Pistol Dawn was my 3rd fave behind High Noon and Charlemagne on first listen but over time it's passed both of those. Gynger Lynn has so many great songs but the production is shitty.

The Pistol Dawn was my 3rd fave behind High Noon and Charlemagne on first listen but over time it's passed both of those. Gynger Lynn has so many great songs but the production is shitty.

To be honest, it was my fave from the start. Best production job helped, but for me it was just easily the most consistent. Some really great songs on that one. High Noon has way too many fillers, Gynger Lynn has great songs but there's just no getting past the production and Charlemagne is a good one, but nowhere near as good as Pistol Dawn, imo.

My prediction is that if Strike Twice features a good production job it'll blow the rest away. :)

To be honest, it was my fave from the start. Best production job helped, but for me it was just easily the most consistent. Some really great songs on that one. High Noon has way too many fillers, Gynger Lynn has great songs but there's just no getting past the production and Charlemagne is a good one, but nowhere near as good as Pistol Dawn, imo.

My prediction is that if Strike Twice features a good production job it'll blow the rest away. :)

I'm sure it will be good but I'm also looking forward to the Sgt Roxx.

Pistol Dawn is my fave of the Eonian releases so far, with UZI right behind. :banger:

Very much looking forward to the Sgt. Roxx release as well! :guitbannana:

Pistol Dawn is my fave of the Eonian releases so far, with UZI right behind. :banger:

What do you think of the Shake City so far Mike?

Good to see some discussion about Eonian Records releases. :beerbang:

Backed. I was getting nervous there for awhile. Stone Roses were getting more discussion than Shake City and Uzi!!

What do you think of the Shake City so far Mike?

To be honest, I was within an eyelash of grabbing Shake City when I picked up UZI, as I really liked the first 2-3 songs, but as I continued listening to the samples, the quality really tailed off in my opinion. I may re-visit it someday down the road, but for right now, it's not a must have for me.

My faves in order:

Pistol Dawn

UZI

High Noon

Can't wait for Sgt. Roxx! :banger:

LoL. Yes, and only a matter of days before there will be two other CDs to discuss. STRIKE TWICE and FELONY.

When is the Sgt Roxx coming out?

SGT. ROXX packaging is finished, just needs to be queued on scheduling and given a release date. More info to come.

...only a matter of days before there will be two other CDs to discuss. STRIKE TWICE and FELONY.

When is the Sgt. Roxx coming out?

SGT. ROXX packaging is finished, just needs to be queued on scheduling and given a release date. More info to come.

Sgt. Roxx is scheduled for release in October. I'm at work and don't have all the information in front of me, so I don't recall the exact date.

...only a matter of days before there will be two other CDs to discuss. STRIKE TWICE and FELONY.

Sgt. Roxx is scheduled for release in October. I'm at work and don't have all the information in front of me, so I don't recall the exact date.

That's great news I can't wait for that one. :bananamac:

That's great news I can't wait for that one. :bananamac:

I haven't heard the original SGT Roxx but the samples I have heard were rather poor production wise...hopefully this version will be much better....

Yes. October is looking to be the month for SGT. ROXX release. It should be a cool package.