• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys are fuckin' hilarious.

"come on pretty baby,

suck my balls all night"

:lol:

Oh man, I'm still laughing. All 4 songs on myspace are flawless. These guys are brilliant!!!

Musically this is excellent, but I think the Joke will wear very thin, very quickly. I was even predicting the next line to some of the songs before hand.

Musically this is excellent, but I think the Joke will wear very thin, very quickly. I was even predicting the next line to some of the songs before hand.

ha, yeah backed 100%......priceless stuff though for a one off listen.

See, to me that is nonsense. Sure, it may not be as hilarious after repeated listens (though I still smile every single time I hear 'Sandwich' by Ugly Kid Joe or the Skrapp Mettle disc... or Big Cock), but as 2 non-believers, there is no way you can tell me this kind of stuff has less staying power than some joker crying about God and Jesus catching him when he falls and making him live each moment for Jesus and dying to meet the lord when he dies? At least these guys have some substance. ;)

And by the way, does anyone out there have MP3's of any incarnation of this band? I would love to get some of this stuff on CD.

See, to me that is nonsense. Sure, it may not be as hilarious after repeated listens (though I still smile every single time I hear 'Sandwich' by Ugly Kid Joe or the Skrapp Mettle disc... or Big Cock), but as 2 non-believers, there is no way you can tell me this kind of stuff has less staying power than some joker crying about God and Jesus catching him when he falls and making him live each moment for Jesus and dying to meet the lord when he dies? At least these guys have some substance. ;)

And by the way, does anyone out there have MP3's of any incarnation of this band? I would love to get some of this stuff on CD.

As soon as you listen to the other Mp3 I sent you 3 weeks ago, i'll send you an Mp3 for Death To All But Metal! and then you'll receive a new mp3 every week, until your contract is up, care to join?

Haha! Thanks mate. I am going to listen to that now, tonight. I swear. Anyway, thanks to Jay for hooking me up with these tunes. Jeebers f*cking christ, this is amazing. F*ck the hilarious lyrics; musically, melody-wise, chorus-wise, production-wise this is sensational. Like prime Danger Danger. I MUST own this CD. I speak of Metal Shop's 'Hole Patrol', that is. 'Fat Girl' is seriously excellent, 'Big Boobs' and 'Hells on fire' are great too and 'Stripper girl' aside from being ridiculously hilarious, is honestly a wonderful ballad. And that's what I'm up to now. Man this is awesome...

And you can anticipate the release of Steel Panthers cd, on June 9th, according to their website, that should be good, as the whole Filth Metal (thats mine don't steal it) thing is really gaining them much recognistion! by let's hope like all other acts that get rich quick being filthy, ie 2 Live Crews, Andrew Dice Clay etc, let's hope they strike while the irons hot and then move on! hope they don't over do it and become un listenable and stupid!

And you can anticipate the release of Steel Panthers cd, on June 9th, according to their website, that should be good, as the whole Filth Metal (thats mine don't steal it) thing is really gaining them much recognistion! by let's hope like all other acts that get rich quick being filthy, ie 2 Live Crews, Andrew Dice Clay etc, let's hope they strike while the irons hot and then move on! hope they don't over do it and become un listenable and stupid!

Anyone know how many full songs are due on this release? That's my only issue with Metal Shop. Not enough songs!! Anyone who says the lyrics will grow old is so far off the mark. It's just excellent hard rock and if anything, the "different" and "unique" lyrical direction is a complete godsend. If we get ten tracks of this kind of stuff on the Steel Panthers CD this is a genuine threat for album of the year.

Anyone know how many full songs are due on this release? That's my only issue with Metal Shop. Not enough songs!! Anyone who says the lyrics will grow old is so far off the mark. It's just excellent hard rock and if anything, the "different" and "unique" lyrical direction is a complete godsend. If we get ten tracks of this kind of stuff on the Steel Panthers CD this is a genuine threat for album of the year.

Oh dear me, Geoff, you do make me laugh sometimes.

Youre enthusiasm for all things sexual can only be applauded.

As for album of the year? I doubt it. Great musicianship tho on those songs. I do look forward to hearing the full release.

Absolutely nothing remotely 'Unique' and 'Different' musically or anything else wise here to be honest, I think 'Spoof' is the word mate. As I said above, I was guessing (correctly most of the time) what was coming next. - Juvenile, pretty obvious and not that funny after 3 spins maybe. Great tunes though!!

I don't know Jez, I think there's something to be said for juvenile, crass, sarcastic, and filthy music, these guys are clever enough to make it work, a good example is Adam Sandler, has everybody here heard the song off his first disc called At A Medium Pace? that my be perhaps the funniest song ever written, and perhaps one of the dirtiest, but its not dirty just to be dirty, its so dirty and sexually explicit its jaw dropping, all the while disguised as a beautiful love ballad! I still listen to it and it cracks me up.

Absolutely nothing remotely 'Unique' and 'Different' musically or anything else wise here to be honest, I think 'Spoof' is the word mate. As I said above, I was guessing (correctly most of the time) what was coming next. - Juvenile, pretty obvious and not that funny after 3 spins maybe. Great tunes though!!

Backed mate. Novelty value stuff. Amusing for one or two spins but a whole album of this stuff would be ridiculous. I wouldn't switch this stuff off MTV if it came on, but I also wouldn't spend a penny of my hard-earned on it...

:agree:

These guys are good musicians but the lyrics are way too juvenille and I'm happy to simply go listen on the bands myspace page if I want a jolt of comic relief.

Does MTV still have music on it? I remember in my last years of watching MTV/Much Music (the Canadian version of MTV), the late 90's, all I saw and heard was rap, college whining alternative and rap metal. I gave up on those crappy music stations. Thank God I discovered the internet soon there after.

Does MTV still have music on it? I remember in my last years of watching MTV/Much Music (the Canadian version of MTV), the late 90's, all I saw and heard was rap, college whining alternative and rap metal. I gave up on those crappy music stations. Thank God I discovered the internet soon there after.

Don't you get channels like Kerrang! and Scuzz? We do here, that's where I first saw the Steel Panther vid...

I'm hoping for something more the length of the first Tenacious D CD, 10 songs with lotsa comedy skits in between.

I've had the Metal Shop version of Hole Patrol for 3 or 4 years now (maybe more), and the joke never gets old!

I will say, if you do find the album, go for the Metal Shop version, not the Metal Skool version.

On the Skool version, the songs were edited because the band members names had changed, and kinda loses something.

Also, they replaced the final song (Metal Shop) with a cover of Cleveland Rocks (the Drew Carey theme, I believe).

I personally own both.

BTW, I also prefer the original version of Death to all but metal, that was released on the Metal Sludge CD.

I'm hoping for something more the length of the first Tenacious D CD, 10 songs with lotsa comedy skits in between.

I've had the Metal Shop version of Hole Patrol for 3 or 4 years now (maybe more), and the joke never gets old!

Man it's good to see at least some of us still have a good sense of humour. :lol: I honestly don't get people's problem with this.

I know of at least one hater here who is very fond of The Darkness. If the novelty of an awful band with unlistenable vocals, average musicianship and crap songs hasn't worn off... then why would you write these guys off?

Seriously guys, you need to hear 'Hole Patrol'. The lyrics won't even matter when you hear these songs. I'm going out on a limb to say that this is the best EP (9 tracks, but only 5 songs) I have ever heard alongside Hotboy. I am in love with this stuff. 'Big Boobs', 'Hell's on fire', 'Stripper girl' and ESPECIALLY 'Fat Girl' have all gone straight to my Ipod, for the sole reason that they are truly excellent songs. Being hilarious is just a bonus.

When I say different and unique, seriously, how many bands out there are this blatant and amusing? I cannot count many, that's for sure. That's unique enough for me. If the music was poor and done in jest too, I could see your "novelty" aspect, but these songs are honestly excellent, on par with my favourite styles like Danger Danger, Hotboy etc. As I said, I'd take these lyrics over christian lyrics any time anywhere.

These guys are playing a free show here in the near future. I'm going to have to go, love the Hole Patrol CD!

What I'd also say about their stuff is that I have played this to a lot of people who dont even like this kind of music, and they pretty much all loved it.

Don't you get channels like Kerrang! and Scuzz? We do here, that's where I first saw the Steel Panther vid...

I live in Canada, it's a Hair Metal free zone. I have to order any Harem Scarem or Emerald Rain cd's online and they both live less than 2hrs away from me. Even the last Honeymoon Suite cd wasn't easy to find and they are from my hometown.