"Greatest Hits" and "Live" albums.

Greatest Hits and Live albums  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ditto what some of you have said on: Cheap Trick- "Live at Budokan"

Lizzy - 'Live and Dangerous"

Priest - "Unleashed in the East"

definately classics of the live album genre ! and also: Rush - Exit Stage Left

Deep Purple- Made in Japan

Humble Pie- Rockin the Fillmore

for the sound quality and performance "How the West was Won" > 'The Song Remains the Same" at least IMO

couldnt be arsed to buy their whole discography.

That's me with Greatest Hits, in fact I just bought a Loverboy Collection CD for that very reason.

I just did the same with Head East. Good band with good songs but I don't need all of their albums.

• 1 year later...

Just resurrected this one as I was thinking about how much I dislike live albums. There are 2 songs I have live versions of that I think are better than the studio versions, i.e. Thin Lizzy - 'Emerald' and Saxon - '...And The Band Played On'. Other than that, I don't think I've heard any live albums that didn't make me want to reach for the studio albums.

Perhaps this is off-topic, but one thing that I can't stand is live songs in "greatest hits" packages instead of the studio version (unless it comes as a bonus track, featuring BOTH the studio and live version).

:agree:

Guest aggelos978

I'd buy a hits package or a live album only if it has rare or unreleased material.

There are somany stuff to buy and so little money that I wouldn't spend a dime

for a box set or live unless it worths the money :drink:

Just resurrected this one as I was thinking about how much I dislike live albums. There are 2 songs I have live versions of that I think are better than the studio versions, i.e. Thin Lizzy - 'Emerald' and Saxon - '...And The Band Played On'. Other than that, I don't think I've heard any live albums that didn't make me want to reach for the studio albums.

Have you heard Live After Death and Iced Earth's Live In Athens?

Nothing can match Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, and Die With Your Boots On...on Live After Death, and Angels Holocaust on Live In Athens.