Black Metal on "Bones"

Fat Freddy

Did anyone else watch tonight's episode of "Bones" with Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz on FOX? They were investigating the murder of a black metal musician, whose skeleton was being used as a stage prop by a rival black metal band. Hilariously cool episode.

Did anyone else watch tonight's episode of "Bones" with Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz on FOX? They were investigating the murder of a black metal musician, whose skeleton was being used as a stage prop by a rival black metal band. Hilariously cool episode.

Yeah.... that was a pretty cool show. Didn't like him shooting the amps like that though!! : :bigboom:

I started watching it, when they were in that night club in Norway, who's skull was it? that was pretty funny, that band wasn't going to let them take the skeleton!

I thought it was cool how Dr. Sweets was a huge Death Metal fan and was explaining the difference between Black and Death Metal.

theres a difference? :unsure:

I always thought the only real difference was in the lyrical content with BM being anti-religion......musically they sound very close to these ears.....

I thought it was cool how Dr. Sweets was a huge Death Metal fan and was explaining the difference between Black and Death Metal.

theres a difference? :unsure:

I always thought the only real difference was in the lyrical content with BM being anti-religion......musically they sound very close to these ears.....

I believe he explained it as 'Death Metal' being more about Technical Proficiency and 'Black Metal' being more about Emotion.

theres a difference?

Black metallers dress funnier. :lol:

Also, death metal vox tend to be more gutteral, WOOOARRGH sounding, whilst black metal vocals tend to consist of high pitched shrieky monkey squeals.

Yeah.... that was a pretty cool show. Didn't like him shooting the amps like that though!! : :bigboom:

That was my fave scene in the whole episode!! The dude spits on Agent Booth's ID, so Booth just goes, "Oooookay, fine," whips out his piece and empties the clip into one of their Marshall stacks. Frickin hilarious :rofl:

I've been meaning to watch this show, now I MUST see this!! Maybe Hulu.com will have that episode so I can see it??? :whistle:

If not Hulu, then perhaps FOX Network's site ... one of 'em should have it ... dunno if they wait a few days after airing or if they add stuff immediately tho.

I've been meaning to watch this show, now I MUST see this!! Maybe Hulu.com will have that episode so I can see it??? :whistle:

If not Hulu, then perhaps FOX Network's site ... one of 'em should have it ... dunno if they wait a few days after airing or if they add stuff immediately tho.

I think you can all of the Bones episodes on Yahoo tv as well.

Hulu does have it!! Watching it now, the opening scene with the band, skeleton and some dude with a chainsaw is pretty interesting.... :rofl2:

Well, geez, DS, don't share the link @ Hulu with the nice people who haven't seen it or anything... :whistle:

The "Black Metal" episode of "Bones," titled "Mayhem on a Cross," is available for viewing here on Hulu.com ... check it out if you haven't seen it y'all, it was a hoot and a half.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68376/bones-mayh...ross#s-p1-so-i0

So what did everyone think of the Naughty Comet music?????.....I'll take it any day over the death metal stuff..... :lol:

The "Naughty Comet" stuff with the shrink was great too.

Was it me or were they trying to make him look like a Fee Waybil type character from the Tubes?

So what did everyone think of the Naughty Comet music?????.....I'll take it any day over the death metal stuff..... :lol:

The "Naughty Comet" stuff with the shrink was great too.

Was it me or were they trying to make him look like a Fee Waybil type character from the Tubes?

I thought they were going for a Gary Glitter/T.Rex look myself.

The whole time I watched that episode I couldn't figure out why the British guy seemed so familiar -- then it finally hit me. I didn't know his face, but I knew his voice, as he was the narrator (and voice of The Guide) in the 2005 "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" movie. :lol:

By the way, my fave line of dialogue: when Bones asked the African-American lab tech "What's black metal?" and he said "Don't look at me. It's Norwegian. That's a whole 'nother kind of black." :rofl:

That is TROO BLAKK METTLE!! GRIM!! :rofl2:

I've only been a casual viewer of "Bones" over the past couple of seasons but have really latched onto it over the past couple of months. They re-run old episodes on TNT in the early evenings now, so the wife and I have been getting caught up on the ones we've missed.

Oh, and Emily Deschanel (a.k.a. Dr. Temperance Brennan, a.k.a. "Bones") is pretty hot. :lol: