Thoughts on FARCRY

As I was carefully reading the booklet, I noted a particular thank you to some dudes name Rick, Wes and Chad a.k.a. The Dakota Rock Fest Party Crew! How cool is that?? :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang: Pretty damn cool!!! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: Thanks to YOU Pete!!!! We're all back this year for 2009!!! Wes, you bring sunscreen, Rick, you bring the Rockarma business card and leave Evil Rick at home. I will bring Chris again (for Taco)!! Can't wait :banger::banger::banger:

Wow I didn't even notice that. That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for thank you Pete. :headbanger:

Backed that is AWESOME!!!!!!

Eric you should make the drive this year and meet up with us a DRF. :headbanger:

I would really like too...Might have to look into that!!

Do it! My wife is taking a road trip out there with my daughter in tow... from Jersey! Come hang out with us!

Very cool! We get to meet Mrs. Pete and the small Fry!

Still tentative but looking like a very good possibility!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top album .... I'm really enjoying it, fave tracks-

Probably Have It All is the top top tiddly top track for me....maybe...just!

Then in no particular order She's Crazy, Out of Reach, Fine Line, Talk to Me, Heaven, Love Won't Wait. But the other tracks are cool too.

Now I admit I also like Nowhere Fast...I didn't realise it was a cover version until I read the comments here (not having had much chance to read all the liner notes yet) but I did think it was a bit Meatloafy when I first heard it.....and it's strange that I like it, as I can't stand Meatloaf :puke: (except the sterling job he did on Nugents Free For All album).

But yep Pete ... Farcry should be well and truly proud of themselves. It's gonna get loadsa spins and I can see my arm getting a nice tan hanging it out of the car window to this CD!

Just got it this morning. Track 3 nearly blew my face off! :banger:

Ahhhhhhhhh........Track 4 is........*heaven*..... :angel::P

OMG....the backing vox are unreal!!!

AWESOME stuff!!!

AWESOME stuff!!!

MJ, reading your response regarding track 4 brought back some very cool memories... :)

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2406

Wow.... I can't believe it's been nearly five years...

AWESOME stuff!!!

MJ, reading your response regarding track 4 brought back some very cool memories... :)

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2406

Wow.... I can't believe it's been nearly five years...

And I'm STILL groovin' to that EP. :headbanger:

on first one hundred listens, Have it all is amazing, harder but wowowowowow, guitar is fantastic, the next favs would be

Fine Line, I am singing this one all day, Love won't Wait, Talk to me and Heaven is great, a friend was in my car and Heaven was playing and he said they dont make tunes like this anymore!!!! hehehehehehe Great Job Pete!!!!

Does anybody know if FarCry is getting a release in Japan with bonus tracks like some of the other Kivel Records releases?

I thought on another thread Pete said no, because there are no other FarCry songs recorded, but I could be wrong. Personally, I think they should do a death-metal-polka remix of "Peter Cottontail" and release it as a bonus track just to f*ck with their fans, but I've been told I have a warped sense of humor...

Does anybody know if FarCry is getting a release in Japan with bonus tracks like some of the other Kivel Records releases?

I thought on another thread Pete said no, because there are no other FarCry songs recorded, but I could be wrong. Personally, I think they should do a death-metal-polka remix of "Peter Cottontail" and release it as a bonus track just to f*ck with their fans, but I've been told I have a warped sense of humor...

:rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, half a dozen spins into it this is where I'm sitting. I will rank them for that other thread at the start of next week:

1. Love Won't Wait - Gem of a track. I think I said this when I heard the samples, but it reminds me of Loud & Clear... which is an excellent thing. Perfect start to the album. Super melodic rock.

2. Fine Line - As Chad mentioned above, the opening line is just perfect. One of those small things that just makes a song. The chorus is GIGANTIC and this and 'Same mistake' are my two favourite songs on this disc, simply put.

3. Have It All - This track is really growing on me. The solo is just f*cking amazing - one of my favourite solos in a while, but the track is actually a really good hard rocker. My favourite of the "ballsier" numbers.

4. Heaven - Such a great ballad. Easily one of the best songs on the disc and one I love to hear come on the speakers in the running order.

5. Nowhere Fast - Okay, so I'm leaning a bit towards Chad's thoughts on this too. It's still a nice track, but yeah, it is really out of place and the chorus just isn't really working for me. Sorry guys, weakest track but still not bad at all.

6. Out of Reach - Man I still get that huge Bret Michaels vibe in the verses and this chorus is just delicious. A really catchy number.

7. Kick Me Down - Okay, going to be completely honest. I love this track... almost - musically awesome, killer verses and a bridge that sounds like it's leading to something amazing... it's all great but the chorus is just a little, shall we say, not huge? :lol: I do like the song a lot, but would have loved to hear the chorus just explode. Otherwise, a great track.

8. She's Crazy - Did someone else mention Enuff Z' Nuff vibe here? I think they did and goddamn I hear it in those verses. A good fun rocker. As I said before, nice groove.

9. The Same Mistake - Now this is the song that's been tearing up my list. On first spin I said top 4, currently I'm thinking it's either this or 'Fine Line' for the album's best. This song gives me genuine chills, which is always a real exciting moment for me. Amazing hook, killer tune. Love the lyrics... just a perfect song.

10. Talk to Me - I know I've said it before many times, but always dug this song, still do now. Great version of a great song.

11. Those Were the Days - Man, I can hear Bombay Black all over this! :lol: I'm guessing the guys were all over the backing vocals on this one and 'Nowhere Fast'? Killer closer to a killer disc. As I said before, the ultimate summer anthem. Love it.

• 2023 Gold Donors
7. Kick Me Down - Okay, going to be completely honest. I love this track... almost - musically awesome, killer verses and a bridge that sounds like it's leading to something amazing... it's all great but the chorus is just a little, shall we say, not huge? :lol: I do like the song a lot, but would have loved to hear the chorus just explode. Otherwise, a great track.

Agree totally,except i dig the chorus.Like the way it builds.Well crafted song,nice vox and a slick lead.Where the f**k is the love for this tune?...d*mn it smokes! Id try to get this one some airplay...seriously. :headbanger::drink:

Ok, I've only played the CD twice but so far I love it and in particular the later part of the album really stands out for me. Love the baking vocals, love the guitar solos, some nice lyrics, not much I can complain about here. Also a great job on the packaging which is good to see.

Fav tracks in order:

1. Same Mistake (Brilliant tune!!!)

2. Fine Line

3. Those Were The Days

4. Love Won't Wait

5. Talk To Me

6. She's Crazy

To be honest when I first opened the booklet and saw there was a song called 'Talk To Me' which was credited to another artist I was really hoping it would be a cover of 'Talk To Me' by Rat Bat Blue - love that song! Love this one too!

I really think track 9 'Same Mistake' is under rated, haven't seen a lot of comments about it.

Hey fahrenheit, I agree about Same Mistake, it's one of my favorites actually, wish I could take credit fro writing it!

New review posted from MayTheRockBeWithYou.com, check it out here: http://www.maytherockbewithyou.com/MTRBWU/..._HIGH_GEAR.html

NEH Records Top 30 Sellers for April 2009

1. Hardline - Leaving The End Open

2. Sunstorm - House Of Dreams

3. Alias - Never Say Never

4. Icon - An Even More Perfect Union

5. Impellitteri - Wicked Maiden

6. Farcry - High Gear

5. The Trophy - The Gift Of Life

8. Bloodbound - Tabul Rasa

9. Bai Bang - Are You Ready

10. Great White Rising

11. Shakra - Everest Ltd Ed

12. Channel - Channel

13. Steelhouse Lane - Metallic Blue

14. Chris Laney - Pure

15. XYZ - Take What You Can Get Live

16. Revolution Renaissance - Age Of Aquarius

17. Charlemagne - Charlemagne

18. High Noon - No Turning Back

19. Pistol Dawn - Conversation Piece

20. Oliver Weers - Get Ready

21. Holy Water - The Collected Sessions

22. Taz Taylor Band - Straight Up

23. Place Vendome - Streets Of Fire

24. Joe Stump - Virtuistic Vendetta

25. Night Ranger - Man In Motion

26. Gynger Lynn - Gyger Lynn

27. Shy - Brave The Storm

28. Prophet - Cycle Of The Moon

29. Jeff Scott soto - Beautiful Mess

30. Dirty Looks - Slave To The Machine

6. Farcry - High Gear

Normally I'd be unhappy that we weren't higher on the list but looking at who's ahead of us, not too bad! :D

6. Farcry - High Gear

Normally I'd be unhappy that we weren't higher on the list but looking at who's ahead of us, not too bad! :D

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

6. Farcry - High Gear

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

Brand new? I got the impression this CD was in the works for the last 17 years! :lol:

6. Farcry - High Gear

Brand new? I got the impression this CD was in the works for the last 17 years! :lol:

Well, it's brand new like "Chinese Democracy" is brand new... ;)

6. Farcry - High Gear

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and Myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

Difference is, "Chinese Democracy" kind of sucks.

6. Farcry - High Gear

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and Myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

Difference is, "Chinese Democracy" kind of sucks.

Whereas FarCry totally sucks? ;)

Whereas FarCry totally sucks

It does ?!?! Why did I buy it then ?? :hammer:

:tumbsup:

Oops, probably should have told you beforehand... ;)

Seriously, you picked it up? I can't wait to hear what you think. :)

Oops, probably should have told you beforehand... ;)

Seriously, you picked it up? I can't wait to hear what you think. :)

Yup, I did ! Yesterday. I will give it a serious spin tonight and then give you my thoughts.

You did not at all disappoint me with Rockarma (LOVE it !), so I am all positive ! :drink: