New Kiss album to be released this fall...

Dark Star

Well it's true, Kiss WILL be putting out a new album this Fall.. Not sure how I feel about it just yet...

KISS To Complete New Album In July - Mar. 30, 2009

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has told the Brazilian web site Comércio do Jahu that the band's new album will be completed in July for a September release. According to Simmons, the group has already finished recording the vocals and guitar for four tracks, with the finished product expected to include between 12 and 15 songs. Simmons describes the album's direction as the "classic KISS sound," not a million miles removed from the "Rock and Roll Over" LP but with a more modern production. The group's first album since 1998's "Psycho Circus" is being produced by KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley and will contain "no rap or country," Simmons said.

According to Amazon.com, Universal will release a new KISS live album called "Authorized Bootleg - Nashville Municipal Auditorium 1998" on May 26. No further details are currently available.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One part of me sez "Screw 'em, they've got enough of my $$," but then my Inner FanBoy is going "WOO HOO! First day buyer!"

I hate being so conflicted. :screwy:

One part of me sez "Screw 'em, they've got enough of my $$," but then my Inner FanBoy is going "WOO HOO! First day buyer!"

Don't you know it, but we know we will buy the damned thing don't we, because we are total mugs!!!! ;)

Saying it's in the vein of ROCK & ROLL OVER makes it more appetizing to me... that was one of the best early KISS records...

Yea I'll probably buy it Myself, or ask for it for Christmas, cause well I DO love Kiss... But I was SO not impressed with Psycho Circus.... And yea, saying the new album is in the vein of Rock and Roll Over DID peak My interest.... :headbanger:

I'll be a first day buyer but as Keith said I'm conflicted too.

I'd rather them be with Ace and Peter but I understand why their not.

Besides I'd rather them be releasing new music instead of just touring as an oldies band every summer.

Backed...Okay they don't have Ace or Peter..that sucks...but Tommy and Eric

can hold there own pretty well so It could be a great release...One thing I would

say....ready??

NO FUCKING BALLADS PLEASE!!!!!

thank you

That's actually pretty cool news. Very unexpected. To be honest I don't expect too much, but I'm definitely interested to hear what they can do.

I'm a fan of Paul's solo release "Live To Win" but absolutely hated Gene's "Asshole". I hope this disc will be good but I'm not expecting much.

I'm a fan of Paul's solo release "Live To Win" but absolutely hated Gene's "Asshole". I hope this disc will be good but I'm not expecting much.

Like all their other CDs, Paul's songs will be good and Gene's will suck. ;)

I know i will buy it the first day it's released even though Gene has sucked plenty of $ out of me in the past.Psycho Circus was ok but please nothing like"I Finally Found My Way" :puke: If it's going to be like"Rock n Roll Over" bring it on. :banger:

Always excited for a new KISS record!

Meh. I wish they would stop trying to perpetually recapture their '70s sound, all the while disavowing everything they released in the '80s. Maybe it's just me, but the early stuff just gets tired.

My favorite KISS material is the stuff that always gets glossed over and ignored: Lick It Up, Animalize, Asylum, Crazy Nights, Hot in the Shade.

Half the time I think KISS pretends those albums were never released.

*bleagh*

-Dan

Meh. I wish they would stop trying to perpetually recapture their '70s sound, all the while disavowing everything they released in the '80s. Maybe it's just me, but the early stuff just gets tired.

My favorite KISS material is the stuff that always gets glossed over and ignored: Lick It Up, Animalize, Asylum, Crazy Nights, Hot in the Shade.

*bleagh*

-Dan

Backed...they don't acknowledge those releases as they should...some of them (Lick It Up, Animalize, Asylum) are some of their better releases..

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a sec there.. Are You saying songs like "War Machine" "I Love it Loud" and "God of Thunder" Suck????? That can't be what you meant, could it??? :blink:

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a sec there.. Are You saying songs like "War Machine" "I Love it Loud" and "God of Thunder" Suck????? That can't be what you meant, could it??? :blink:

Um... technically, "God of Thunder" is a Paul song... he wrote it, not Gene.

Yea Yer right about that.. I was going on songs Gene sang.... :tumbsup:

*bleagh*

-Dan

Backed...they don't acknowledge those releases as they should...some of them (Lick It Up, Animalize, Asylum) are some of their better releases..

While their early album are where all the "classic" songs are found, it's the 80's albums that have the better songs IMO...Lick It Up & Animalize in particular.

*bleagh*

-Dan

I don't own a KISS album before 1982 and never plan to. IMO that's when they became good. :)

Yep. ;)

I honestly have never understood all the love for ANIMALIZE. That album is strictly average. There are, at best, three good songs on that record, and by the way, "Heaven's On Fire" ain't one of'em.

That record started a downhill slide that didn't 't stop till Gene quit trying to be Mr. Hollywood movie star/record label mogul, turned off his auto-pilot and got mean again on the REVENGE album.

And "War Machine" was co-written by Brian Adams.

I can't believe the sentiment being espoused for the 80s hair metal version of KISS. Aren't there ANY hard rockers left on these boards? And as far as the best songs being on the 80s stuff, let me list the classics before 1980:

Detroit Rock City

King of the Nighttime World

Do You Love Me

Shout It Out Loud

Calling Dr. Love

Love Gun

Firehouse

Strutter

Watchin' You

100.000 Years

Shock Me

I Stole Your Love

and the list goes on...

Here's the classics after 1980:

:whistle:

Listen, I'm a huge fan. I've had a love/hate relationship with this band almost my entire life. I even have sentimental attachments to the albums I don't particularly listen to very much (Animalize being the main one), and might be the only person on the planet who forgave them for making a grunge album in a moment of weakness (Carnival of Souls). Heck, I like that one better than anything after Dynasty. But most people who fell in love with the band did so because of the heavier stuff, not the Bon Jovi retreads...

The new CD might be crap, especially since Gene is running out of cliches and Paul is not the greatest producer, but I'll still buy it before I hear it, because they're still "my band" and...HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL! (Now THERE'S a cliche for you Gene!) :kiss:

And "War Machine" was co-written by Brian Adams.

I can't believe the sentiment being espoused for the 80s hair metal version of KISS. Aren't there ANY hard rockers left on these boards? And as far as the best songs being on the 80s stuff, let me list the classics before 1980:

Detroit Rock City

King of the Nighttime World

Do You Love Me

Shout It Out Loud

Calling Dr. Love

Love Gun

Firehouse

Strutter

Watchin' You

100.000 Years

Shock Me

I Stole Your Love

and the list goes on...

Here's the classics after 1980:

:whistle:

Listen, I'm a huge fan. I've had a love/hate relationship with this band almost my entire life. I even have sentimental attachments to the albums I don't particularly listen to very much (Animalize being the main one), and might be the only person on the planet who forgave them for making a grunge album in a moment of weakness (Carnival of Souls). Heck, I like that one better than anything after Dynasty. But most people who fell in love with the band did so because of the heavier stuff, not the Bon Jovi retreads...

The new CD might be crap, especially since Gene is running out of cliches and Paul is not the greatest producer, but I'll still buy it before I hear it, because they're still "my band" and...HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL! (Now THERE'S a cliche for you Gene!) :kiss:

I haven't heard all their early discs in their entirety, but surely 'Revenge' is their hardest rocking CD to date?