Motley Crue v. Ratt

Motley Crue v. Ratt  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i got the only vote for the Ratt EP :unsure:

i love Crue, don't get me wrong....but i think Too Fast For Love is an overrated album tbh, i prefer the polished, commercial sound of Dr. Feelgood :P

Dude, you serious? Too Fast is the Crue at their best. I would piss on Feelgood if they were side by side...

It's hard for me to believe that someone is a Crue fan and not like Too Fast for Love. :screwy:

RATT all the way for me...and looking forward to the new one.

Yes RATT on all acounts, I'm sure my wife will kill me for saying this.

Me too guys! Ratt all the way, which kind of surprised me. To explain:

Ratt (EP) - I like 'Too fast for love', but at the end of the day, imo, the Ratt songs are better (despite 'Live wire' and 'Piece of your action').

Out of the Cellar - again, love both discs but imo this one is a lot better than 'Shout at the devil'. Easily, I hate to say.

Invasion of Your Privacy - by far the easiest choice - Ratt by MILES!

Dancing Undercover - hardest choice of all. There are 3 magnificent songs on 'Girls' but not much else. From start to finish this disc kicks ass.

Detonator - another really hard choice. I adore 'Dr Feelgood', but I love 'Detonator' more. Both killer discs, but Ratt win, again.

Ratt (1999) - I put my vote in for Crue here for the sound of this disc and 'Punched in the teeth', but when I thought about it, there are more good songs on the Ratt disc... so I went with Ratt, making it a clean sweep.

Ratt (EP) - I like 'Too fast for love', but at the end of the day, imo, the Ratt songs are better (despite 'Live wire' and 'Piece of your action').

Out of the Cellar - again, love both discs but imo this one is a lot better than 'Shout at the devil'. Easily, I hate to say.

Dancing Undercover - hardest choice of all. There are 3 magnificent songs on 'Girls' but not much else. From start to finish this disc kicks ass.

Detonator - another really hard choice. I adore 'Dr Feelgood', but I love 'Detonator' more. Both killer discs, but Ratt win, again.

Ratt (1999) - I put my vote in for Crue here for the sound of this disc and 'Punched in the teeth', but when I thought about it, there are more good songs on the Ratt disc... so I went with Ratt, making it a clean sweep.

You're a freak... :whistle:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Nice! :drink:

...but a sexy freak :whistle:

...but a sexy freak :whistle:

Dead sexy...yeah baby!

• 2 weeks later...

1. "Too Fast for Love." But honestly, neither album has any place in my collection.

2. "Out of the Cellar." Never been a big fan of "Shout at the Devil," despite it's 'classic' status.

3. "Invasion of Your Privacy." No contest.

4. "Girls Girls Girls." This was a close one, as "Dancing Undercover" is really good, but I find myself listening to "Girls..." more often, so I gave it the edge.

5. "Dr. Feelgood." Absolute no-brainer; while "Detonator" is a great hard rock album, "Dr. Feelgood" is a genuine classic of the genre. Nearly 20 yrs. later and I still haven't grown sick of cranking up "Kickstart my Heart." Those WHOA-YEAH!s really deliver some punch.

6. "Ratt (1999)." Nothing wrong with "New Tattoo," but it's sort of spotty while the Ratt CD is far more consistent and (in my opinion) better produced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So hard when the band's 2 best albums are pitted against one another Detonator v Feelgood and Cellar v Shout. Probably Motley out of those two but Ratt is the more consistent band for me.

My rankings are almost consistent with the votes so far, except, Dr Feelgood better than Detonator? No way! Dr Feelgood's a great album but nowhere near as good as the amazing Detonator IMO.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Shout at The Devil

Theatre of Pain

Dancing Undercover

Detonator

Haven't heard the last 2; also, haven't heard the Ratt ep, but Too Fast For Love is the best album from the whole list, imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow. When it came to the Dr or Detonator, I basically closed my eyes and clicked. Way to hard!