The perfect melodic rock song

Glen

Just listening to a couple of corkers this afternoon.

Great songwriting on both with awesome choruses, great keys and brilliant solo's in both :headbanger:

Cry Baby Cry/ Heartless - Aldo Nova

I agree. A couple of outstanding songs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 I listened to yesterday -

I-Ten - I Dont Want to Lose You :bowdown:

Franke & The KOs - Carrie Why :bowdown:

Absolute AOR perfect in every way shape and form.

2 of the best AOR songs period.

:tumbsup:

• 7 years later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Nice thread.

There's been some great tracks already mentioned.

Off the top of my head i'd probably add -

Valentine - Runnin' on luck again

Heavens Edge - Come play the game

Trouble Tribe - Here comes trouble

Triumph - Child of the city

Aldo Nova - Touch of madness

Saraya - Healing touch

21 Guns - Knee deep

Giant - i'll see you in my dreams

Survivor - High on you

220 Volt - Alive

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - That time of year

White Lion - Broken Heart

Skid Row - In a darkened room

Danger Danger - Don't blame it on love

Nice thread.

Valentine - Runnin' on luck again

Triumph - Child of the city

Saraya - Healing touch

21 Guns - Knee deep

Survivor - High on you

220 Volt - Alive

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - That time of year

Some real nice ones there.

Nice thread.

Saraya - Healing touch

Some real nice ones there.

Yep, those'd be on a list I'd make.

I was looking for a thread to bump this song and this one was open and I was all like wtf more appropriate thread on earth is there for this song than this thread? Probably my favourite song from the last decade.

I havent heard the White Lion song - is that their one good track ;)

You serious? 'Pride' and 'Main Attraction' have some absolutely first class tunes from that era. Killer stuff.

I know I have heard them in the past, so must have not left much of an impression.

Main Attraction and Pride are both on Spotify so are now residing in my 'to listen' playlist :)

• My Little Pony

Off the top of my head:

Casanova - Seal It With a Kiss

Crown of Thorns - Dyin' for Love

Giant - I'm a Believer

Gun - Don't Say It's Over

Hardline - I'll Be There

Harem Scarem - Stranger Than Love

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm not the biggest White Lion fan either, but i do love that track.

Another one of many i haven't included and this would be in contention for my favourite song ever.

Hurricane - Livin' over the edge

I was looking for a thread to bump this song and this one was open and I was all like wtf more appropriate thread on earth is there for this song than this thread? Probably my favourite song from the last decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mruCg-Xu9UY

You serious? 'Pride' and 'Main Attraction' have some absolutely first class tunes from that era. Killer stuff.

I have of course heard that White Lion track and yes it must be their best song. Prob a 9/10.

My God though the rest of that Main Attraction album is a right average snoozefest. I doubt it would crack 70% as a complete album.

I have of course heard that White Lion track and yes it must be their best song. Prob a 9/10.

My God though the rest of that Main Attraction album is a right average snoozefest. I doubt it would crack 70% as a complete album.

Just an FYI, original version of "Broke Heart" was on their "Fight To Survive" disc, which is actually their first album.

I havent

Stop it, buddy! Where did you find my numerous posts about this hymn in other non-Anglophone forums?

Add to this the black cover of the cd + the fact that the man knew reaper was just 2 steps outside studio's door... :crying:

Sometimes I really wished I had metaphysical convictions such as that the man in my signature is watching us...

I do apologise about you being so incorrect. ;)

The correct analysis of this album is;

1 - Lights and Thunder - 9.25
2 - Broken Heart - 10
3 - Leave Me Alone - 7.25
4 - Love Don't Come Easy - 9.5
5 - You're All I Need - 10
6 - It's Over - 10
7 - Warsong - 7.25
8 - She's Got Everything - 7
9 - Till Death Do Us Part - 8
10 - Out With the Boys - 8
11 - Blue Monday - instrumental
12 - Farewell to You - 7
Total - 85%

2 - Broken Heart - 10

6 - It's Over - 10

7 - Warsong - 7.25

12 - Farewell to You - 7

Total - 85%

Kouros +1

Geoff -1

Mane Attraction is way too patchy with way too many crappy ballads. When you were putting those numbers in your keyboard was pushed a couple of inches too far to the right!

2 - Broken Heart - 10

6 - It's Over - 10

7 - Warsong - 7.25

12 - Farewell to You - 7

Total - 85%

Kouros +1

Geoff -1

Mane Attraction is way too patchy with way too many crappy ballads. When you were putting those numbers in your keyboard was pushed a couple of inches too far to the right!

You mean Glen +1?

I was looking at some of those numbers (the 7's and 7.25's) tonight and wondering if I may have been a bit generous, but I trust my past self that I got it right, so I'll run with it. I should add that I love the overall sound and production a lot, which influences my thoughts on otherwise average songs, sometimes.

2 - Broken Heart - 10

6 - It's Over - 10

7 - Warsong - 7.25

12 - Farewell to You - 7

Total - 85%

Kouros +1

Geoff -1

You mean Glen +1?

I was looking at some of those numbers (the 7's and 7.25's) tonight and wondering if I may have been a bit generous, but I trust my past self that I got it right, so I'll run with it. I should add that I love the overall sound and production a lot, which influences my thoughts on otherwise average songs, sometimes.

Trust me mate that you are WRONG.

Broken Heart isnt even a 10 let alone the rest.

Very very patchy for me.

And boring in the main part

2 - Broken Heart - 10

6 - It's Over - 10

7 - Warsong - 7.25

12 - Farewell to You - 7

Total - 85%

Kouros +1

Geoff -1

You mean Glen +1?

Trust me mate that you are WRONG.

Broken Heart isnt even a 10 let alone the rest.

Very very patchy for me.

And boring in the main part

No doubt at all it's patchy, as per my rating. But there is great stuff on it. I love 'Broken Heart' plenty, and 'You're all I need' would have been my wedding song if it wasn't a touch too sappy... I absolutely love that song - lot of sentimental value. I must admit, I did question last night when I pulled my review up, if 'Its over' is worth 10/10. I thought I preferred 'Love don't come easy!' lol, but like I say, I trust my reviews and if I did it I did it for a reason. I do know 'It's over' is deceptively awesome.

There are songs I thought were boring too, which is why I'm a bit puzzled by my 7's, but I trust the process. Maybe I revisit on Monday.

I think one that comes to mind for me over the past handful of years is Living On The Run from H.e.a.t....melodic rock bliss for me.

Yeah that is a great song, in and out of trouble would be my favourite from that album though

Better off Alone

• My Little Pony

I think one that comes to mind for me over the past handful of years is Living On The Run from H.e.a.t....melodic rock bliss for me.

Yeah that is a great song, in and out of trouble would be my favourite from that album though
Better off Alone
Thats what my ex told me ;)

You always have Palmela Handerson.