Retrospect Records - Mar. 5, 2009

NOW AVAILABLE FROM RETROSPECT RECORDS:

Front210.jpg

SILENT RAGE - Shattered Hearts +1 (1988) -- Hailing from Los Angeles , this coveted debut release from Silent Rage produced by Paul Sabu showcased a classy slab of 80s Melodic Hard Rock / AOR that won fans over worldwide. Finally digitally remastered and including a brand new bonus track "Soul Survivor" (also produced by Paul Sabu) , this re-release makes all other versions of this disc obsolete. The band's sophomore release 'Don't Touch Me There' is soon to follow as well as some high-profile live dates...

Front210.jpg

Front210.jpg

FOXX self-titled (1990) + Stick It Out (1991) - Two releases from this excellent early 90s Melodic Metal/Hard Rock act that featured none other than Bassist Allen McKenzie before he joined FIREHOUSE.

Front210.jpg

BRIAN JACK - Promise Of Love (1992) - Child's Play vocalist's killer melodic collaboration with Bootcamp's Tim Camp is now available exclusively thru Retrospect - we have the remaining original issued CD's for sale in limited quantity! Awesome melodic rock/AOR that won't be so hard to track down anymore!!

Front-210.jpg

ORPHANN - Don't Say No (1980) -- Here it is! "Don't Say No" from ORPHANN is on CD for the first time in all its digitally remastered glory! This album topped many vinyl collectors want lists worldwide for years! This classic melodic rock music with a slight pomp rock flair has been touted by many as being "timeless" - and their certainly seems to be a particular freshness in this material which would make many believe this could have been recorded yesterday! From the smooth vocal harmonies, the rockin' hooks, to the vibrant musicianship as well as the wave on wave of tasty driving percussion and guitar breaks - this is simply one of those albums that draws you in more and more upon each listen. If you haven't heard of ORPHANN, check out the sound samples and preview what you have been missing - and then acquire this essential addition to your melodic rock collection!

Front-210.jpg

DOUBLETAKE – So Many Roads (1993) – One of the rarest and sought after CD’s on the planet gets a much-deserved re-issue by Retrospect! This Texas-based Melodic Hard Rock / AOR band were criminally overlooked by the majors due to the musical climate – but no doubt would have been huge in 1990.

Front210.jpg

KRANK Hideous (1986) - Another cult Metal classic gets the official re-issue treatment it deserves. Philadelphia-based KRANK have been around for over 20 years and this album will appeal to fans of in-your-face Metal like WASP and Twisted Sister.

Front-210.jpg

THE JACKS 'In Danger' (1986) - Great Mid-west Melodic Rock / AOR sees daylight on cd for the first time.

From the pure AOR of 'Love's in Danger' , the Hi-Tech stylings of 'Maria' to the monster ballad 'Que Linda' , fans and collectors of 80s AOR will quickly find a place in their collection for The Jacks.

FRONT-210.jpg

ANGELLIC RAGE 'Generation Enraged' (1988-1992) -- 14 Tracks of hi-powered Melodic Metal - A.R. is one of Colorado's best kept secrets and certainly one of the premier acts to emerge from Denver. With soaring vocals and top-notch musicianship this is 'thinking-man's metal' of the highest caliber. Queensryche, Fates Warning, Hittman, Heir Apparent fans take note!

Front-210.jpg

CRISS SEXX 'Bastard Barbie' (2003) - Our first South American artist - Brazilian-born Criss Sexx unleashes his glam/sleaze opus for the first time on cd and it's quite a corker! Definitely one for the merchants of sleaze!

Front-210.jpg

THICK RICHARD 'Back On Track' (1985-1988) - Another diamond in the rough - facetiously named Thick Richard hails from California and joins our ranks as a high quality Melodic Hard Rock act obviously influenced by Hard Rock legends Y & T.

Front-210.jpg

SPLIT IMAGE Sign of Aggression (1994) - Florida-based Hair Metal/Melodic Hard Rock that will appeal to fans of Danger Danger , Wildside and Roxy Blue.

You can find all these titles and many more at http://www.retrospectrecords.com

Wouldn't mind the Silent Rage if the remastering is a big improvement.

Hey Rock!

I personally remastered the CD and think it sounds WAY better than the original -- but thats my humble opinion! Would be interested to know what people think of my remastering job.... :)

Rock On,

Retrospect's Recordjnky

Does Foxx actually sound anything like Firehouse?

No.

what do they sound like?

Good solid 80's hard rock band. Check 'em out here:

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/foxx.html

Very good band... even if they don't sound like Firehouse. :)

Hey Sam,

When can we expect your upcoming releases by Problem Child and the solo CD from the Monro lead singer??

Also I'm REALLY excited about hearing new material from Pair-A-Dice??

Can't wait Sam!

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Sam,

When can we see the RIO - Borderland release for sale on your website. I see you're selling it on your ebay auctions but I don't see it on the RR website.

Just picked it up for $11.50 from his eBay auctions......been bidding on it for ages..... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not yet but we VERY close!

Did you guys see I signed FREAKSHOW? :beerbang:

Yeah that's awesome man! That Freakshow album might be my most anticipated for this year! I definately wanna get that one, along with Silent Rage - "Shattered Hearts". Keep up the great work Sam.... :drink: