Best guitar brand

Best Guitar Company?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

only problem is that i only have one and its starting to wear down after using it 2 hours a day for 2 years, and theyre discontinued :(

Dude, why not pull an "Eddie Van Halen" and build your own? (First, do you have some bicycle tape?) :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only problem is that i only have one and its starting to wear down after using it 2 hours a day for 2 years, and theyre discontinued :(

Dude, why not pull an "Eddie Van Halen" and build your own? (First, do you have some bicycle tape?) :D

heh heh, i was going to build my own custom guitar a few years ago and then i found the Sambora Signature Kramer and it was almost exactly what i was gonna build! except for it lacks a tone control.....other than that, pretty much the same deal :P

I voted for Charvel because I don't know good green goblin shit about guitars and because Pete likes 'em and I want to be just like Pete and want Pete to like me and oh god Pete PETE PETEY you are my hero...

I went for Fender as I used to love my old Jazz Bass .... that I sold....and now regret ...terribly.

I always wanted a Rickenbaker 4001 or whatever as I love the sounds Chris Squire and Geddy Lee used to get from them and even the guy from the Jam, Bruce Foxton.....they also looked dead cool or at least Lemmy did with one.

Yet when I finally tried one it looked like a kiddies guitar on me it was tiny! I suppose that shouldn't have bothered me and I should have gone on the sound...but my heart was broken and I ran crying from the music shop and through blurred tears hopped on the wrong bus and ended up in Arbroath surrounded by penguins with novelty antlers on......sob!

I like my SB900 (Aria) though!

I voted for Charvel because I don't know good green goblin shit about guitars and because Pete likes 'em and I want to be just like Pete and want Pete to like me and oh god Pete PETE PETEY you are my hero...

Finally, someone with a REAL reason for liking one brand over another! :guitbannana:

PRS... I really wanted one for the longest time, so I bought one a couple years back and it was a nice guitar don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't for me. I sold it within 6 months and I have zero regrets. What it did do for me was remind me how much I like my '84 Charvel. :)

Yet when I finally tried one it looked like a kiddies guitar on me it was tiny! I suppose that shouldn't have bothered me and I should have gone on the sound...but my heart was broken and I ran crying from the music shop and through blurred tears hopped on the wrong bus and ended up in Arbroath surrounded by penguins with novelty antlers on......sob!

That was you?! :o

Best guitar I ever played was a friend's Flying V; best guitar I ever owned was a Charvel. Haven't played anything for years, but a crappy Les Paul copy, which sits up in the loft, gathering dust. Last one I owned that was half-way decent was an Aria about 10 years ago. I've also got a Martin X-25 I took apart sitting up in the loft in a case caked in cat vom. Suffice to say, I ain't anxious to break out that one and re-assemble it anytime soon.

I've also got a Martin X-25 I took apart sitting up in the loft in a case caked in cat vom. Suffice to say, I ain't anxious to break out that one and re-assemble it anytime soon.

I don't know man, I'm hearing "signature sound", that's what I'm hearing... ;)

I've also got a Martin X-25 I took apart sitting up in the loft in a case caked in cat vom. Suffice to say, I ain't anxious to break out that one and re-assemble it anytime soon.

I don't know man, I'm hearing "signature sound", that's what I'm hearing... ;)

Yeah, and that signature sound is "MEOW...herrrp."

I picked 'Fender" but really I can't say which is really the best...I have a Fender

American Standard Strat that is really good but I have also had several

Gibsons that rocked....Ibanez are really good as are Parkers...

When I started guitar lessons in 8th grade, my teacher(who is the reason I can hear good from bad players) played the Ibanez Steve Vai Series, the one with the floral patterned neckboard, from using Ibanez guitars from the second I ever touched a string, to 2009, I have never even really played seriously on any other brand, frankly I don't want to, Ive picked guitars up at stores, peoples houses, pawn shops, etc. but ive never felt the feeling that I felt holding my first Ibanez RG series, and ive never purposly used any other brand of amp then Peavey! it's stand out original clear, stingy distortion, trademarked sound is as cool as i'll ever hear, you can pick it out of any band, on any cd, ever recorded, and you don't even have to think about it, or listen to the song again, It's completely isolated as far as sound uniqueness, and originality from anything ive ever heard in my life, including Marshall and Crate!

So! unless somebody comes along some day that has enough faith in the quality and sound of their prefered brand, that makes them 99.9% sure it's a one and only, and I will hear it and never look back, I'll forever be Peavey/Ibanez man!

...ive never purposly used any other brand of amp then Peavey! it's stand out original clear, stingy distortion, trademarked sound is as cool as i'll ever hear, you can pick it out of any band, on any cd, ever recorded, and you don't even have to think about it, or listen to the song again, It's completely isolated as far as sound uniqueness, and originality from anything ive ever heard in my life, including Marshall and Crate...

I also love Peavey. I had a Backstage solid state amp that I bought new over twenty years ago that up until a few months ago still sounded like a small tube stack. It was awesome until the reverb and speaker finally blew. Great amp. I play mostly Fender tubes now, but that little Peavey was the best bargain I ever got in an amplifier. :headbanger:

...ive never purposly used any other brand of amp then Peavey! it's stand out original clear, stingy distortion, trademarked sound is as cool as i'll ever hear, you can pick it out of any band, on any cd, ever recorded, and you don't even have to think about it, or listen to the song again, It's completely isolated as far as sound uniqueness, and originality from anything ive ever heard in my life, including Marshall and Crate...

I also love Peavey. I had a Backstage solid state amp that I bought new over twenty years ago that up until a few months ago still sounded like a small tube stack. It was awesome until the reverb and speaker finally blew. Great amp. I play mostly Fender tubes now, but that little Peavey was the best bargain I ever got in an amplifier. :headbanger:

Bargain yes... Peavey was my first amp ever...

...and my last Peavey. Nothing wrong with 'em, just not the sound for me.

Finally, someone with a REAL reason for liking one brand over another! :guitbannana:

PRS... I really wanted one for the longest time, so I bought one a couple years back and it was a nice guitar don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't for me. I sold it within 6 months and I have zero regrets. What it did do for me was remind me how much I like my '84 Charvel. :)

Backed..PRS are Great Guitars but very over-rated IMO. I have a buddy who bought

a Top of The Line Model ($ 4500.00) and though it looks great and Does have some

cool features( the locking tuners) when I play it it feels SO bulky and stiff..

plus the action isn't that great...

...it looks great and does have some cool features...when I play it it feels SO bulky and stiff...

I have the same issue with my instrument... :pickle:

...it looks great and does have some cool features...when I play it it feels SO bulky and stiff...

I think you meant to quote this part...

I think you meant to quote this part...

:rofl2:

I'm not a musician, I know nothing about guitars, sooooo.... whatever Pete plays. He seems to know what he's talking about.

I'm not a musician, I know nothing about guitars, sooooo.... whatever Pete plays. He seems to know what he's talking about.

Backed... :drink:

You know something about guitars you cwazy wabbit... :guitbannana:

Actually my favorite line of guitars and amps arent even listed hear, they must be way to high end, like posting Aston-Martin in a favorite cars poll, My preference for guitar as well as amp would be the Diamond by Harmony, as well as the Harmony Tube(the tube is really a light bulb), together they give me the most fearce arsenal one man can handle, the triple pick up system on the guitar makes for clear tone and low impendence, the two ringer pickups are a nice fit, you cant even tell they are decoys, and with the Tone knob also being a decoy, one doesnt have to get stuck undecidedly spinning it back and forth looking for the right tone! the wammy is so sensitive, you have to make sure you don't pounce on it, just the lightest bend, overdoing it even a little will send you to the store for new strings, and to make sure you don't accidently misplace the wammy bar, it is convieniently encapsulated in the bridge of the body! and lightly tightened down on the backside of the guitar, with a small nut! The amp has an overload danger kill sensor, it maxes out at 4, that way if you get drunk and stupid and you try impressing your friends, it shuts off and prevents you from something you'll really regret the next day, I think this is the ultimate set up, and well worth the whopping $42 I had to pay In 4 monthly installments of $10.04. but well worth it when I look back now! you should treat yourself guys, you deserve it!

• 2023 Gold Donors

My old guitar player had one of the 5150 heads.Ran it through a bunch of marshall cabs-didn't sound too bad.Didn't sound as a good as this ridiculous vintage marshall head he had though...geez i remember that thing sounding like a little god in a box.

:rofl:

Actually my favorite line of guitars and amps arent even listed hear, they must be way to high end, like posting Aston-Martin in a favorite cars poll, My preference for guitar as well as amp would be the Diamond by Harmony, as well as the Harmony Tube(the tube is really a light bulb), together they give me the most fearce arsenal one man can handle, the triple pick up system on the guitar makes for clear tone and low impendence, the two ringer pickups are a nice fit, you cant even tell they are decoys, and with the Tone knob also being a decoy, one doesnt have to get stuck undecidedly spinning it back and forth looking for the right tone! the wammy is so sensitive, you have to make sure you don't pounce on it, just the lightest bend, overdoing it even a little will send you to the store for new strings, and to make sure you don't accidently misplace the wammy bar, it is convieniently encapsulated in the bridge of the body! and lightly tightened down on the backside of the guitar, with a small nut! The amp has an overload danger kill sensor, it maxes out at 4, that way if you get drunk and stupid and you try impressing your friends, it shuts off and prevents you from something you'll really regret the next day, I think this is the ultimate set up, and well worth the whopping $42 I had to pay In 4 monthly installments of $10.04. but well worth it when I look back now! you should treat yourself guys, you deserve it!

:rofl: