Best guitar brand

Best Guitar Company?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which guitar manufacturer makes the best electric guitars? :guitbannana:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poll is really taking off! :D

(Non-players are encouraged to vote based on looks and sound.) :)

Went with other, I really enjoy the Hamer Phantom 3, that said I like the way my BC Rich plays too. (Keep in mind both these guitars are 20+ years old and not the mass produced junk on the shelves today.)

Guess I can't limit myself to just one maker...

Went with other, I really enjoy the Hamer Phantom 3, that said I like the way my BC Rich plays too. (Keep in mind both these guitars are 20+ years old and not the mass produced junk on the shelves today.)

Guess I can't limit myself to just one maker...

For the record I love my late 80's/early 90's US made Hamer! :wub:

THERES NO KRAMER LISTED!!!!!!

seriously, its KRAMER, theyre like THE 80s guitar man

so i picked Gibson instead, but only cause they manufacture Kramer now....and the Les Paul is still a pretty sweet guitar

Me like Charvels, but only the ones handmade in San Dimas. :D

The same San Dimas where Bill and Ted were from? :unsure:

Oh by the way I voted for Gibson because the Les Pauls rule and Ace Frehley plays them. :bowdown:

so i picked Gibson instead, but only cause they manufacture Kramer now....and the Les Paul is still a pretty sweet guitar

I didn't list Epiphone for the same reason. :)

but you listed Jackson AND Fender ;)

Didn't know they were manufacturing both...

For the record, I don't think there is a best brand. It's about the sound you're looking for. I have both Fender and Gibson guitars primarily for that reason. Imagine Stevie Ray Vaughan on a Les Paul? Michael Schenker on a Strat? *shudder*

Oh by the way I voted for Gibson because the Les Pauls rule and Ace Frehley plays them. :bowdown:

One and the same! Excellent!

billandted460.jpg

And your choice of Gibson is wrong, sorry. ;)

One and the same! Excellent!

billandted460.jpg

And your choice of Gibson is wrong, sorry. ;)

Whoa!!!

"San Dimas high football rules!!!!"

Surprised with the lead Gibson is taking, never liked them. Something about the 2"x4" necks, never could get my fingers around them...

Agree with the wise words of Bobbi Flekman, it is all about the sound and the feel for the player.

Didn't know they were manufacturing both...

For the record, I don't think there is a best brand. It's about the sound you're looking for. I have both Fender and Gibson guitars primarily for that reason. Imagine Stevie Ray Vaughan on a Les Paul? Michael Schenker on a Strat? *shudder*

yeah Fender bought Jackson back in 2004 i think, Jackson to Fender is the same as Kramer to Gibson...

ironic, the two most popular types of superstrat in the 80s are now owned by the two most popular guitar makers...

although ther was ibanez, i think that Kramer and Jackson/Charvel were more popular back then :unsure:

There's many answers to this poll... Depends on what era we're talking. Some companies were shit and correct their mistakes through the years, while others that were GODS of the guitar world, slipped down hill over the years...

In the 70's and early 80's, The hand made BC Rich's were the best HAND BUILT axes aout there. Yes... I said HAND BUILT! Not machine made. There's very few guitar makers out there that hand build guitars due to production quantity and costs. Gibsons may be the guitar of choice by many, but their methods of building are questionable and their finishes are not the greatest due to time constraints and cost. Fender is the same way. Only these company's CUSTOM SHOP axes are built with better quality parts and finishes. The Guitar Center crap are the standard models... Not saying those are complete crap... Just saying there's much better guitars out there

Want a company that still builds it's guitars the old fashioned way with durable glassy finishes?

http://www.mosercustomshop.com/

Neal worked at BC Rich in it's glory years from 1974-1985 and still uses those techniques for building and setting up guitars.... He also designed the Bich and Virgin guitars along with the electronics package they still use today.

After BC Rich, he went on to form GMW with Lee Garver and Dan Lawrence and then on to his own guitars under the name Neal Moser Guitars. He now runs Moser Custom Shop with his wife Earlleen

His personal Site

http://www.nealmoser.com/

He built my custom guitar seen below as well. Many of my guitar player friends have checked this axe out and usually their first comments are about the action, fretwork, neck profile and finish.

Well, yes...of course. You see, I was just testing you. To see if you knew that Fender had bought Jackson. I mean, what kind of moron wouldn' know that? Seriously!

(Man, I'm stupid.) :D

Well, yes...of course. You see, I was just testing you. To see if you knew that Fender had bought Jackson. I mean, what kind of moron wouldn' know that? Seriously!

:lol: Don't sweat it bro, it's hard to keep track of that in this day and age of mass conglomeration and consolidation... :(

:lol: Don't sweat it bro, it's hard to keep track of that in this day and age of mass conglomeration and consolidation... :(

Pete - Have you ever tried an Ernie Ball of any description, especially the Music Man 'Luke' model?

A serious piece of kit.

Pete - Have you ever tried an Ernie Ball of any description, especially the Music Man 'Luke' model?

A serious piece of kit.

That's what I hear, honestly I don't think I've ever played any Ernie Ball equipment! Perhaps I should rectify that situation...

I've wanted to check out the Luke model but I can't seem to find it at any of the shops around town. Word of mouth on the guitar is excellent, though...

Anyway, most (good) guitars are so distinctively different that it's hard to pick a "best" model or maker, I know that. But I was curious what some of the opinions would be on this poll. Personally, I think it's not only the model but the year and type of guitar you buy that matters most (as well as the amp!). I've played some Fender Strats that are too light and have no bite, but I own a Fender "Dan Smith" Strat from '81 that has nice heft and a searing growl that you can't find too much anymore. I also own a Gibson Les Paul Studio faded maple top that sounds better than most of the more expensive LPs I've tried out over the years. So, my personal experience with both of those companies is great.

I realize this poll isn't definitive, but I just wondered where other players might be coming from and see if I could glean any interesting insights into some of these axes...

I realize this poll isn't definitive, but I just wondered where other players might be coming from and see if I could glean any interesting insights into some of these axes...

Personally, i love Kramers because they have the suped up superstrat features such as mixed pickups, coil taps, locking trems etc but unlike ibanez they dont have the thin, low action necks....they feel more like a Strat....but theyre cheaper than Charvels and Jacksons!

also, the particular model i have, the Richie Sambora signature, is possibly one of the most versatile guitars out there, 3 humbuckers with coil taps and a locking trem give me everything i need!

only problem is that i only have one and its starting to wear down after using it 2 hours a day for 2 years, and theyre discontinued :(