concerts

rickinmd

Went to see Imelda May last night, with Jack Lukeman as support ... probably not everyone's cup of tea, but she turned in a fantastic r'n'b/rockabilly set - and what a voice! Jack Lukeman was a real treat - just him and a guitar, with a voice (at times) like an upbeat Mark Lanegan - bought his latest CD in the interval (and got it signed, which was cool), and have already got tickets to see him again in June ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Needtobreathe tonight.

I don't expect any of you to know/like them, but apparently they put on a great show.

So Seb Bach it touring Australia.

$90 + booking fees.

Never seen him or Skid Row before, but pretty hard to justify.

Doubt I'll make it unless they release some tickets on Lastix

Well, Karen was due to take Lily to see Ariana Grande tomorrow night, but of course now the gig has been cancelled.

Its obviously been quite an emotional time for them both, realising just how easy it is to come into contact with terrorism - this could just have easily been London!!

I was amazed at how efficiently the ticket agencies are handling the refunds - we booked using viagogo who are reknowned for being awkward but they contacted us!! unheard of.

Anyway, our thoughts remain with the poor families involved in this awful tragedy.

Well, Karen was due to take Lily to see Ariana Grande tomorrow night, but of course now the gig has been cancelled.

Its obviously been quite an emotional time for them both, realising just how easy it is to come into contact with terrorism - this could just have easily been London!!

I was amazed at how efficiently the ticket agencies are handling the refunds - we booked using viagogo who are reknowned for being awkward but they contacted us!! unheard of.

Anyway, our thoughts remain with the poor families involved in this awful tragedy.

I know we don't go into this kind of stuff on this forum, but seriously, of all the events in all of the UK, an event that caters towards teenage girls, and younger? How can even the lowest of these braindead c*nts even begin to justify that? I wish dearly that there was a hell for the c*nt to torturously burn in for eternity... but yeah, it's just beyond words. Incredible, pathetic cowardice at it's worst. My thoughts indeed are with everyone touched by this incident.

My 15 year old was pretty upset as she wanted to see the singer when she came out our way.

Kind of hit home how easy it is to be a target I guess.

Not sure how my 18 year old daughter feels as we are traveling to the UK is a couple of weeks.

My evaluation is that it's probably the safest place on Earth right now.

My 15 year old was pretty upset as she wanted to see the singer when she came out our way.

Not sure how my 18 year old daughter feels as we are traveling to the UK is a couple of weeks.

Trying to explain to a 10 year old why her big night out was cancelled because of bombs and killings was not something I expected to be doing to be honest. The world has gone mad.

That aside, nowhere is truly safe at the moment mate. The next attack could be anywhere - loads of places in Europe have been hit now. The intelligence service in the UK has been pretty awesome over the last few years when you read the detail of how many potential attacks have been foiled.

Trying to explain to a 10 year old why her big night out was cancelled because of bombs and killings was not something I expected to be doing to be honest. The world has gone mad.

That aside, nowhere is truly safe at the moment mate. The next attack could be anywhere - loads of places in Europe have been hit now. The intelligence service in the UK has been pretty awesome over the last few years when you read the detail of how many potential attacks have been foiled.

Stay strong everyone.

Back from FM's gig in Athens.

Plane tickets : $65

Gig ticket: $22

bus from airport-gig venue and back to airport : $12

3 t-shirts : $60

champagne : $150

jacks: $ 40

Value For Money: priceless

Extra: Met the band in the airport for approximately one hour

Much prefer replying to posts such as this one vs the one above it. Sign of the times I guess.

Love the price point here. Not to sound like an immature frat boy here but any reasonably priced event where your tab for alcohol is 50% of the total cost sounds like an amazing time to me. What are "jacks"?

• My Little Pony

Back from FM's gig in Athens.

Plane tickets : $65

Gig ticket: $22

bus from airport-gig venue and back to airport : $12

3 t-shirts : $60

champagne : $150

jacks: $ 40

Value For Money: priceless

Extra: Met the band in the airport for approximately one hour

Much prefer replying to posts such as this one vs the one above it. Sign of the times I guess.

Love the price point here. Not to sound like an immature frat boy here but any reasonably priced event where your tab for alcohol is 50% of the total cost sounds like an amazing time to me. What are "jacks"?

Yeah, I definitely need to hit up a show with George. Apparently I've been doing it wrong this whole time. It never even occurred to me to have a bottle of champagne with my Helix. ;}

I, personally, have no issues anywhere.

The odds of being caught in a terrorist attack are next to none.

Better odds with loto, which is a mugs game because the odds are so crazy.

Different case for the children and teenagers though. They have a harder time dealing with how sick the world can be...

• 2 weeks later...

Not to everyone's taste, but a dream come true for my inner teenager when I saw Toyah recently - managed to speak to her afterwards/get some stuff signed/get a photo, etc. :)

Off to see Jack Lukeman next week, have got tickets to see Ginger Wildheart in August (with my brother), and just booked tickets to see Paradise Lost in November (my step-daughter is coming with me - the poor girl!)

• 1 month later...

Just grabbed some tix to Rose Tattoo/The Angels at the Palms Crown in Melbourne.

Not cheap at $75 each but what the hell.

I really enjoyed the Angels last time I saw them and I've never seen the Tatts

I saw the email come through and went straight to the site and managed to get front row centre, so I guess that makes the price fair.

Last band I saw at Crown was the Choirboys, left very early and was disappointed.

With Doc or Dave?

I saw them at A Day On The Green a couple of years ago with Dave Gleeson and I was shocked at how much better they were than the last time I saw them with Doc at the Middle.

Having said that, obviously they were on their last legs and Doc may have already been ill then.

Years and years ago I saw them many times with Doc and they were great.

Rocktober, Myer Music Bowl

I'm off to Norway to see Toto and support act Return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Helix, Honeymoon Suite, and Randy Bachman on the bill today. Gonna be awesome!!

Very cool, I saw Helix many years ago and they put on a really fun show. Did Honeymoon Suite and Helix primarily play their old stuff or was it a mix of old and new songs?

Not sure if I should see W.A.S.P. this November...... saw them in 2006 and was already underwhelmed then, I doubt it's gotten any better since then. Anybody seen them recently?

I haven't seen W.A.S.P. for years, but all the reviews I've read suggest that I'm not missing anything ... :(

So, Ginger Wildheart pulled his show after being hospitalised following an 'altercation' at a gig in Ireland ... *rolls eyes*

Off to Mammoth Fest next month (with JamesEagle) - we're going on the Friday night (the 'Black Metal' night), so I'm not expecting lush harmonies and catchy choruses ;)

October 18th - Gary Numan.

October 31st - Justin Currie (former Del Amitri frontman.)

November 3rd - Paradise Lost.

November 10th - Cradle Of Filth.

December 19th - Fish.

So, Ginger Wildheart pulled his show after being hospitalised following an 'altercation' at a gig in Ireland ... *rolls eyes*

Off to Mammoth Fest next month (with JamesEagle) - we're going on the Friday night (the 'Black Metal' night), so I'm not expecting lush harmonies and catchy choruses ;)

December 19th - Fish.

I'm seeing Fish on Dec 17th. Should be epic. The whole of Clutching.....

December 19th - Fish.

I'm seeing Fish on Dec 17th. Should be epic. The whole of Clutching.....

The first time I saw Marillion was on the 'Clutching ...' tour - I'm VERY excited about seeing the whole album played through ... :)