concerts

rickinmd

Classic Rock Metalfest in Maryland! Info on Melodicrock.com.

Dokken, Ratt, Kix just to name a few..Right in my backyard! (30 min. drive).

Guess I'll have to skip Firefest and hit this one! Although the bands in Firefest will probably never play in the U.S. :banger:

oops, forgot the date : May 30, 2009 :headbanger:

Yeah... Not far from me either. Not sure If I'll go... only because Rocklahoma will be coming up. Also... Not sold on the venue for this show.

PS ~ I'm going to check out Alcatrazz & Seven Witches tomorrow (Saturday) night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. :headbanger:

Guess I'll have to skip Firefest and hit this one! Although the bands in Firefest will probably never play in the U.S. :banger:

Yeah... Not far from me either. Not sure If I'll go... only because Rocklahoma will be coming up. Also... Not sold on the venue for this show.

PS ~ I'm going to check out Alcatrazz & Seven Witches tomorrow (Saturday) night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. :headbanger:

cool! I've been to Jaxx a few times. not lately though. enjoy the show!

Well.... Looks like I'll be there after all... :whistle:

• 1 year later...

Saw Bolt Thrower in London last Saturday. There were five bands, but we missed the first two and saw Rotting Christ and Benediction before the headliners. RC were very good, Benediction were great and Bolt Thrower were feckin' awesome. Great night, quite a contrast to my next planned gig (Ratt).

:banger:

Was at KISS in Manchester last night......fuckin' awesome gig, we were standing in the floor area rather than in the seating on the sides. Great view, great sound, great show, great atmosphere.

They rocked like f*ck, that's the 4th time I've seen them and it was easily the best.

• 4 months later...

Going to see ZO2 tonight. Haven't been out in ages, so I'm treating myself..

See below... :wacko:

Going to see ZO2 tonight. Haven't been out in ages, so I'm treating myself..

ZO2 is a great live band. Enjoy the show.

As for me... Tonight is another night with KIX (Hagerstown, MD.)

Well, ZO2 put on yet another great show :beerbang: . They actually bought me out of the 9/11 funk I was in. They even played a new song called A MILLION PIECES and it was sung by David. The only warm up band worth listening to was THE DISCONTENT a local PUNK/Hard Rock band :headbanger: . I also went to purchase the 2nd season of Z-ROCK on d.v.d., but they were sold out :crying:

Hey LUVKIX,

Hope you had a great time at the KIX show. I don't think KIX ever had a crappy show..

I'm gonna take it easy on shows for awhile. Gotta rest up for the 5 or 6 KIX shows in December,

The only show I am going to until then is DORO. Always a great show. I'm just lucky she plays at Jaxx in Virginia every time she tours. So I'll be hitting that one on October 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see Rush tonight in West Palm Beach, FL. "Moving Pictures" in its entirety.

I've got one going tonight also...

DORO PESCH at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. Actually just picking out a few CDs for the ride then leaving now. :banana:

Going to see Rush tonight in West Palm Beach, FL. "Moving Pictures" in its entirety.

I would kill to see Rush live and even more for Moving Pictures played in it's entirety.

It was awesome...Seeing "Witch Hunt" and "The Camera Eye" made it all worthwhile.

• 2 months later...

Just returned from a AVANTASIA concert, a metal opera of the highest order. Awesome show !! When do you see Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, Kai Hansen, Jorn Lande and Oliver Hartmann on one stage ?? :banger:

• My Little Pony

Just returned from a AVANTASIA concert, a metal opera of the highest order. Awesome show !! When do you see Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, Kai Hansen, Jorn Lande and Oliver Hartmann on one stage ?? :banger:

I don't think you can possibly understand how much I hate right now!

I don't think you can possibly understand how much I hate right now!

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Seen Deft Leppard, the tribute band, in Belfast last nite on what was their (so the lead singer said) last ever gig together.

This was the first time I had seen these guys and to see them on their last performance together it was a pretty darn good evening. Not the biggest of crowds in The Empire but all those that were there seemed to have a great nite.

They play all the hits including I Wanna Touch You and Stand Up Kick Love Into Motion which the original band don't play nearly enough on tour and by the end of the night they had the crowd eating out of their hands on Rock Of Ages

The band themselves look nothing like the original but the two guitarists were amazing and the harmonies were top notch for the majority of the gig but whereas the members of the band would get an A+ from me the lead singer gets a B- (A+ for effort though), but he can take credit in the fact that he was better than the keyboardist he was given the privilege of lead vocals on one track :nyanya: