concerts

rickinmd

• My Little Pony

Not much worth seeing, in my opinion, comes my way. I plan to see Joe Bonamassa in Seattle in December, and I've convinced my brothers to go on the Monsters of Rock Cruise in February. Saw a local indie rock band called In Medias Res, last night. They, as always, were amazing.

beginning of august i have grand illusion playing a hometown gig, weekend after that pretty boy floyd is coming, if they show up this time!

Tomorrow seeing Ted Poley, Firehouse & Skid Row among others. Sat seeing Bombay Black, Slaughter, Quiet Riot and Cinderella. :beerbang:

Tomorrow seeing Ted Poley, Firehouse & Skid Row among others. Sat seeing Bombay Black, Slaughter, Quiet Riot and Cinderella. :beerbang:

Haven't heard a word about Dakota Rockfest 2011... is this what you speak of here..?

• My Little Pony

I hate you guys. I really do.

Haven't heard a word about Dakota Rockfest 2011... is this what you speak of here..?

Kind of. Dakota Rock Fest is no more. This year it's Empire Rock Fest that is being put on by a different promoter but very similar setup to Dakota Rock Fest.

I hate you guys. I really do.

LOL We are always accepting new members! :drink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hitting a few cool "Club gigs" over the next 10 days or so:

Tonight (Saturday) - RHINO BUCKET and The BLUES VULTURES (Ronnie Younkins)

Next Saturday - LITA FORD (Jaxx, Springfield, VA.)

Next Sunday - LITA FORD (Purple Moose Saloon, Ocean City, MD.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Hall & Oates tomorrow night. Everytime they come around I miss it, but not this time.

Nice. I have not seen them, but they are still sounding amazing!

Two hours to go and there are a bunch of people with lawn chairs in front of the stage. Bastards!! Once it starts I'm gonna walk up to the front and stick my ass infront of some fat-ass in a chair.

• My Little Pony

Hall & Oates were absolutely incredible!! My only complaint would be that 90 minutes is not enough to go through their library justly--even with two encores. I guess I'll have to catch another show in the future. Incredible.

Hall & Oates were absolutely incredible!! My only complaint would be that 90 minutes is not enough to go through their library justly--even with two encores. I guess I'll have to catch another show in the future. Incredible.

Yea I bet they could do a 90 minute medley and still leave some hits out...

I'm jealous. I caught Hall & Oates on HDNet about a month back. They were fantastic! Definitely one band I'd love to see live.

I'm jealous. I caught Hall & Oates on HDNet about a month back. They were fantastic! Definitely one band I'd love to see live.

Them, and Cinderella huh Rick?? :rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the H.E.A.T. festival yesterday. The first band started at app. 3pm and it ended at 11:45pm. Awesome !! :party421: :party421:

Lineup:

Hollywood Burnouts (surprisingly really good local glam-rock band with hair-do like Poison. lol)

Serpentine

White Widdow

Human Zoo

Shakra

Keel

Stage Dolls

The best of the stack probably were the Stage Dolls. Torstein Flakne & team were in a really good mood and gave us a tremendous show. A little heavier than usual.

Second place goes to White Widdow and Serpentine. Both were very good. When I spoke to the Serpentine guys later on and told them that I saw them playing at The Borderline in London in March this year (Glen ! Dan !! :)) they nearly freaked as this was their first ever gig and very special to them. I also had a nice chat with Jules from WW. Funny and very pleasant chap !

Third place goes to Human Zoo. Good songs and great show, very much in vein of Gotthard.

Shakra wasn't bad, but very heavy.

Keel is not "my" music.

Some pics will follow ..........

berndster do you have the White Widdow setlist? were there any covers played?

No, no setlist and I didn't hear any covers. It was about 50/50 the first and second release.

berndster do you have the White Widdow setlist? were there any covers played?

No, no setlist and I didn't hear any covers. It was about 50/50 the first and second release.

Thanks man, how many was in attendance?

Hmmm, really difficult to tell. Maybe 300? Definitely less than when you were over to UFOR.

I went to the H.E.A.T. festival yesterday. The first band started at app. 3pm and it ended at 11:45pm. Awesome !! :party421: :party421:

Lineup:

Hollywood Burnouts (surprisingly really good local glam-rock band with hair-do like Poison. lol)

Serpentine

White Widdow

Human Zoo

Shakra

Keel

Stage Dolls

The best of the stack probably were the Stage Dolls. Torstein Flakne & team were in a really good mood and gave us a tremendous show. A little heavier than usual.

Second place goes to White Widdow and Serpentine. Both were very good. When I spoke to the Serpentine guys later on and told them that I saw them playing at The Borderline in London in March this year (Glen ! Dan !! :)) they nearly freaked as this was their first ever gig and very special to them. I also had a nice chat with Jules from WW. Funny and very pleasant chap !

Third place goes to Human Zoo. Good songs and great show, very much in vein of Gotthard.

Shakra wasn't bad, but very heavy.

Keel is not "my" music.

Some pics will follow ..........

sounds great. Matt Black > Mills any day of the week....shame he wasnt singing the whole new album as it would have been better IMO.

Good to hear WW play a mix...some great songs on both albums.

Just one picture:

HeatFestival-Sept2011.jpg

The guys from Serpentine, Jules from WW, Ralf Fahrig (Ralfster) & myself ...........

I went to see Mitch Laddie and virgil & the Accelerators Thursday night. Ok not one for all you metalheads but boy can these two play guitar. Dave Ling from Classic Rock mag was behind me getting into it.