CD's you got rid of and wished you hadn't

Nick C

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to get rid of some good ones from my collection like Aftermath - 'Natural distruction', Allied Forces - 'R U Ready' and 101 South's 'Roll the dice'. I'm at peace with letting them go now, but I hope they don't bite me on the ass later. :lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Only two. I sold both for some good $$$'s but I still regret doing it. Money has long since been spent but would rather have the cd's.

Circus Of Power - S/T

Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns (original A&M press)

Well I finally got the Tommy Shaw original back! It's not in near the mint condition the one I sold was in, but I'm still happy for getting a another copy back. :)

The 'Rock Candy' reissue of that COP disc ain't too bad.

I've never given away any of my cds. I even keep seemingly useless samplers. I love all genres of music, and I never know when I'm gonna need to hear something specific.

True that!

I have held onto every last cd, but there are a few items that I held in my hand and went, "Ah, I don't need them."

Igniter Demo cassette of an amazing Seattle metal band from 19990-ish.

Lion-Trouble In Angel City ($5.99 @ Tower Records about 10 years ago)

X-Ray Can't recall the title of the disc, but man I can still see it in my dreams.

Hurricane-Slave and Over The Edge (Again at Tower Records aabout 10 years ago for about $7.99 each... and the Over The Edge disc was BAND SIGNED! l :doh: )

I've never given away any of my cds. I even keep seemingly useless samplers. I love all genres of music, and I never know when I'm gonna need to hear something specific.

True that!

I have held onto every last cd, but there are a few items that I held in my hand and went, "Ah, I don't need them."

X-Ray Can't recall the title of the disc, but man I can still see it in my dreams.

Hurricane-Slave and Over The Edge (Again at Tower Records aabout 10 years ago for about $7.99 each... and the Over The Edge disc was BAND SIGNED! l :doh: )

Okay mate, I have to know. Based on everything you do buy, what the hell made you not buy those CDs??? Especially, the Lion and Hurricane ones?

True that!

Okay mate, I have to know. Based on everything you do buy, what the hell made you not buy those CDs??? Especially, the Lion and Hurricane ones?

Like I said just at a time when I had other formats of the Lion and Hurricane discs and was not as phat as I am now so just passed on them.

Hindsight is 20/20 right.

• 3 months later...

theatre-sexy lady

the koo-s/t

Shit !! These are EXTREMELY painful !! Why didn't you sell them to me instead ?!?! :crying:

Some of these are heartbreaking. I'm a hoarder so I'm reluctant to let go of stuff. That and I don't trust my own opinion so when it comes to getting rid of stuff, I always convince myself that I may like it in the future. The only album that I had that I want back is Tattoo Rodeo - Rode Hard And Put Away Wet, but that can be picked up for cheap.

• 2 years later...

I was just talking about this to the Wotster .... are there any CD's you had and either sold or binned and lived to regret....a few of mine that spring instanmtly to mind are:-

Avalon - Voice of Life (I binned this one with the Icebreaker and Killer Dwarfs ...below... about 6 years ago when I moved house as I thought it was so crap that no-one would want it...I love the CD now but I have to do with a download now as I'm not paying the price people want for it these days!)

Killer Dwarfs - Stand Tall (orig on the Grudge label)

Icebreaker - Eleco (But only to sell it as I've seen it go for a pretty penny every so often)

Cats in Boots - Demonstration ...(I still have the CD but the sleeve and booklet have disappeared for some reason!)

Kiss Alive II - actually this is a cheat...this is a vinyl version with a bunch of extra songs listed on the sleeve that were'nt actually on the album, apparently only a few escaped the pressing plant and are now worth a bit)

You rightfully do so. I have it on vinyl,grande opus with 3 immortal anthems. I never knew it was released on cd. Official release?

I'm one of those who has rarely sold or traded a cd, mainly because I'm very picky and only buy those that I know I'll like or have sampled extensively before either through you tube or MySpace or more recently Spotify, which is awesome.

My biggest regret (and I look back with a heavy heart) was when I made the mad decision to ditch a load of boxes and inserts to save space & 'book' quite a few CDs. I did this a while back before I was on the net and realised how rare some of these discs are now.

Makes me very sad now :-(

• 3 weeks later...

I was just talking about this to the Wotster .... are there any CD's you had and either sold or binned and lived to regret....a few of mine that spring instanmtly to mind are:-

Avalon - Voice of Life (I binned this one with the Icebreaker and Killer Dwarfs ...below... about 6 years ago when I moved house as I thought it was so crap that no-one would want it...I love the CD now but I have to do with a download now as I'm not paying the price people want for it these days!)

Killer Dwarfs - Stand Tall (orig on the Grudge label)

Icebreaker - Eleco (But only to sell it as I've seen it go for a pretty penny every so often)

Cats in Boots - Demonstration ...(I still have the CD but the sleeve and booklet have disappeared for some reason!)

Kiss Alive II - actually this is a cheat...this is a vinyl version with a bunch of extra songs listed on the sleeve that were'nt actually on the album, apparently only a few escaped the pressing plant and are now worth a bit)

You rightfully do so. I have it on vinyl,grande opus with 3 immortal anthems. I never knew it was released on cd. Official release?

Yeah official release on the Pacemaker label....luckily about 3 - 6 months or so ago (ish) I picked it up again at a great price which stunned me - around the £15 mark inc postage I can't remember exactly but it was a regular price rather than an over inflated one.

• 2 weeks later...

only recently bought Rochead-s/t again on cd,picked it up cheap,but I had it from new at the time of release but never gave it the time of day,then heard a few tracks a couple of months back and had to revisit...

Biggest regret though was "lending" Roxxi-Drive it to ya hard & Lixx Array-Reality Playground to a friend,who then proceded to f**k off to another country to live and never returned em!!! took me years to first find,then afford to actually buy them again :(

sorted now though :)

• 7 months later...

Regret it so much, all down to tastes changing and taking me a couple of decades to get into stuff :lol:

If I was to name a few it would......

Survivor - S/T

Survivor - Premonition

Survivor - Caught In The Game

Survivor - Too Hot To Sleep

Bon Jovi - all albums

Vandenberg - S/T

Def Leppard - Pre Hysteria

Iron Maiden - Pre Piece Of Mind

Night Ranger - Big Life

Night Ranger - Man In Motion

Night Ranger - Seven

Night Ranger - Neverland

Scorpions - Post Blackout

Loverboy - Keep It Up

Loverboy - Loving Every Minute Of It

Loverboy - Wildside

Rainbow - Dio era

Plus dozens and dozens more :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I did the same thing. I had Seven and got rid of it, thought it was ok. The only song I really liked on it was Sign Of The Times. Then I picked up the Live in Japan and found I liked some of the songs off Man In Motion and got that. Then I decided to collect all of the Alan Fitzgerald period. Luckily our local used CD store is decent and you can find most Night Ranger online cheaply. So now I have Seven again.

I like your choices. I have Survivor - Greatest Hits, the 3 Def Leppard before Hysteria, all of Loverboy, and Vandenburg - Greatest Hits.

Great White - Great White

Really wish I hadn't got rid of this CD. Absolutely great album, easily the best by GW for me. Seems difficult / expensive to replace these days. I am such a f***ing dunce.

Over the years, I've got rid of loads of CDs in an effort to raise some much-needed funds ... some of those I wish I'd held on to include:

Kiss Of The Gypsy: Kiss Of The Gypsy

Johhnny Crash: Neighbourhood Threat

Catherine Wheel: Chrome (signed by the band :()

AC/DC: Live (the 2 disc version)

Metallica: The Metallican (the 'Black' album with printed signatures on the cover, plus a t-shirt and a video of them playing a couple of songs with Diamond Head in Birmingham, all stored in a shiny 'paint tin') ... but only because NOW I could sell it for a LOT more money :)

Over the years, I've got rid of loads of CDs in an effort to raise some much-needed funds ... some of those I wish I'd held on to include:

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude,is AC/DC the donnington live cd?

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude

£1.85 on Amazon... :whistle:

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude,is AC/DC the donnington live cd?

I'll keep trying with the Kiss Of The Gypsy CD ... last time I was outbid on eBay in the dying seconds ... I know I can pick it up again quite cheaply, it's just having the disposable income at the right time that's the problem :)The AC/Dc album is this one - http://www.acdc.com/us/music/acdc-live-2-cd-collectors-edition - in a cardboard slip-case, with an Angus 'banknote' ... :(

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude

Hurrah! :)

Hurrah! :)

Now go and find me a cheap copy of 'Great White'! ;)

I'll keep trying with the Kiss Of The Gypsy CD ... last time I was outbid on eBay in the dying seconds ... I know I can pick it up again quite cheaply, it's just having the disposable income at the right time that's the problem :)The AC/Dc album is this one - http://www.acdc.com/...lectors-edition - in a cardboard slip-case, with an Angus 'banknote' ... :(

Here's the remastered AC/DC in a Digipack Loads of cheap ones. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Collectors-Edition-AC-DC/dp/B00008AJLD/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366293036&sr=8-2&keywords=ac%2Fdc+live

You should be able to get the original press with the slip case without any problems there too.