CD's you got rid of and wished you hadn't

Nick C

I was just talking about this to the Wotster .... are there any CD's you had and either sold or binned and lived to regret....a few of mine that spring instanmtly to mind are:-

Avalon - Voice of Life (I binned this one with the Icebreaker and Killer Dwarfs ...below... about 6 years ago when I moved house as I thought it was so crap that no-one would want it...I love the CD now but I have to do with a download now as I'm not paying the price people want for it these days!)

Killer Dwarfs - Stand Tall (orig on the Grudge label)

Icebreaker - Eleco (But only to sell it as I've seen it go for a pretty penny every so often)

Cats in Boots - Demonstration ...(I still have the CD but the sleeve and booklet have disappeared for some reason!)

Kiss Alive II - actually this is a cheat...this is a vinyl version with a bunch of extra songs listed on the sleeve that were'nt actually on the album, apparently only a few escaped the pressing plant and are now worth a bit)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regret it so much, all down to tastes changing and taking me a couple of decades to get into stuff :lol:

If I was to name a few it would......

Survivor - S/T

Survivor - Premonition

Survivor - Caught In The Game

Survivor - Too Hot To Sleep

Bon Jovi - all albums

Vandenberg - S/T

Def Leppard - Pre Hysteria

Iron Maiden - Pre Piece Of Mind

Night Ranger - Big Life

Night Ranger - Man In Motion

Night Ranger - Seven

Night Ranger - Neverland

Scorpions - Post Blackout

Loverboy - Keep It Up

Loverboy - Loving Every Minute Of It

Loverboy - Wildside

Rainbow - Dio era

Plus dozens and dozens more :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

i don't repent for any cd i gave...only for dark starr's vinyl....i still find it extremely boring but it would be nice if i still had it....cost me $5 and i sold it 500 euros to a german guy in KIT(2 or 3 don't recall) to cover the flight tickets.....

Only two. I sold both for some good $$$'s but I still regret doing it. Money has long since been spent but would rather have the cd's.

Circus Of Power - S/T

Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns (original A&M press)

Tommy Shaw - A couple of

The Baby`s - most of

Reo Speedwagon - A few

Accept - All up to Russian Roulette

Dokken - All up to Under Lock And Key

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Regret it so much, all down to tastes changing and taking me a couple of decades to get into stuff :lol:

If I was to name a few it would......

Survivor - S/T

Survivor - Premonition

Survivor - Caught In The Game

Survivor - Too Hot To Sleep

Bon Jovi - all albums

Vandenberg - S/T

Def Leppard - Pre Hysteria

Iron Maiden - Pre Piece Of Mind

Night Ranger - Big Life

Night Ranger - Man In Motion

Night Ranger - Seven

Night Ranger - Neverland

Scorpions - Post Blackout

Loverboy - Keep It Up

Loverboy - Loving Every Minute Of It

Loverboy - Wildside

Rainbow - Dio era

Plus dozens and dozens more :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Were you mentally ill, or going through your Wotty Pink 'n' fluffy synth pop/Reggae era? :unsure:

Tommy Shaw - A couple of

The Baby`s - most of

Reo Speedwagon - A few

THE BABYS :yikes:

You really were bad mate!!That is a SIN getting rid of those. :hammer:

ive kept every single CD ive ever owned with the exception of 3: Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake, Korn - Korn and The Darkness - One Way Ticket

dont regret losing em cause i traded them for Machine Head, Dragonforce and Bullet For My Valentine

BUT, i nearly sold Cherry Pie by Warrant, King For A Day by Faith No More and Crazy Nights by Kiss....i would have regretted all 3....

i also nearly sold my Nirvana albums....im still on the fence about those :P

i also nearly sold my Nirvana albums....im still on the fence about those :P

Keep NEVERMIND and sh*t can the rest. NEVERMIND is the only essential one. Oh, and if you've got BLEACH and wanna dump it, send it my way. My tape crapped out years ago and I have yet to come across a CD copy.

Axcel - Incorporated... cos I've never been able to find another :(

I had that one too. In fact, I've had a lot of rare Aussie indies which I would like to have now, but purely for trade. :lol: At the time, though, I got good trades for them anyway. So all is well.

I'm cool with all the CDs I've got rid of except one:

Mason - 'Inside your head' ; sold that last year with the complete wrong impression of what it sounded like. When I heard it just before I sent it off I was kicking myself in the nuts.

I also traded Dare's 'Blood from stone'. It was a really good trade at the time and I thought I'd find it again, but I never have. :( A disc I really love, so I hope I get it again one day - even the re-issue.

Tommy Shaw - A couple of

The Baby`s - most of

Reo Speedwagon - A few

THE BABYS :yikes:

You really were bad mate!!That is a SIN getting rid of those. :hammer:

Yeah, you must have been delirious !! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Glad you came back to real rockin' world, though ! :drink:

with the complete wrong impression of what it sounded like.

You have that a few times per year, don't you ?!?! :tumbsup:

I had that one too. In fact, I've had a lot of rare Aussie indies which I would like to have now, but purely for trade. :lol: At the time, though, I got good trades for them anyway. So all is well.

I hardly gave it a listen but would love to give it another listen. Was proabably one of the first, if not the first, indie I ever picked up.

I think from memory I got about $US30 for it on ebay back then which was pretty good.

I'm cool with all the CDs I've got rid of except one:

Mason - 'Inside your head' ; sold that last year with the complete wrong impression of what it sounded like. When I heard it just before I sent it off I was kicking myself in the nuts.

I also traded Dare's 'Blood from stone'. It was a really good trade at the time and I thought I'd find it again, but I never have. :( A disc I really love, so I hope I get it again one day - even the re-issue.

i sent today a mason cd, i think the first one, to mr. backster :whistle: i don't remember what i did with "inside your head". i wished i would be helpful.....

with the complete wrong impression of what it sounded like.

You have that a few times per year, don't you ?!?! :tumbsup:

Nah, I'm accurate as sin every single other time. Of the millions of thoughts I've had on CDs I only got one single one wrong and paid for it. :(

I hardly gave it a listen but would love to give it another listen. Was proabably one of the first, if not the first, indie I ever picked up.

I think from memory I got about $US30 for it on ebay back then which was pretty good.

If I recall correctly, I think it had a lot more keys than I think you'd enjoy. More AOR orientated, wasn't it? Like you, I think I spun it a couple of times before I got rid of it because of the demand. :)

If I recall correctly, I think it had a lot more keys than I think you'd enjoy. More AOR orientated, wasn't it? Like you, I think I spun it a couple of times before I got rid of it because of the demand. :)

Yep, plenty of keys from memory.

Would just like to get it again to give it another spin.

Only two. I sold both for some good $$$'s but I still regret doing it. Money has long since been spent but would rather have the cd's.

Circus Of Power - S/T

Same here brother sold it before the days of Ebay, back to a cd store. Been looking for it ever since along with these I now regret:

PRINCESS PANG - S/T

JOHNNY CRASH - NEIGHBOURHOOD THREAT :crying:

JESSE STRANGE - S/T

SAINTS & SINNERS - S/T

BABYLON A.D. - S/T

And probably more I can't think of...

Yep, plenty of keys from memory.

Would just like to get it again to give it another spin.

Yeah, I'd kind of like to have that Big Deal disc again too. 'Time is running', it was called. I think that was probably the best of those really rare Aussie indies I ever owned.

i didnt like Back For More by Eric Steel at first....but after spinning it a couple of times i realised it was actually pretty cool....singer always reminds me of paul stanley....anyone else think that?

isnt that one of the albums you didnt like, Geoff?

Circus Of Power - S/T

Same here brother sold it before the days of Ebay, back to a cd store. Been looking for it ever since along with these I now regret:

Isn't Circus of Power a really cheap and easy-to-find disc to get?

Circus Of Power - S/T

Isn't Circus of Power a really cheap and easy-to-find disc to get?

I had a hard time trying to find my copy, but rumor has it ROCK CANDY will be releasing it :banana:

I never got rid of anything I didn't want to. If you ask me, how many c.d.'s I past up in a record store? That's a whole nother story. :crying:

Banshee - Race Against Time

Tuff Luck - s/t

I traded both to Jarred and it was a fair trade but I guess the one I miss the most is the Banshee since I thought I'd find a copy pretty easy but haven't. I used to trip over those in used cd shops but I've never seen one since I traded it. Then the band reissued it last year and I thought I'd grab one of those but they were cd-fucking-r's.