Where is DANGER DANGER Already?

gener8tr

Yep definitely some filler on here. "FU$", "Beautiful Regret", "Dirty Mind" (no idea why everyone likes this one?) all suck, and "Fugitive" is just a ridiculous song for a Melodic Rock band to have written as it's pure cheese/pop - hell even the latest Backstreet Boys single is less cheesy. The production/mix also doesn't help this disc... Where is the guitar in the mix? Some great lead-work, but you can't hear it!

"Hearts on the Highway" & "Killin' Love" are the two outright winners for me.

Overall this disc reminds me of the "Screw It!" album. A few killer tunes, lots of really good ones, and 3 or 4 fillers.

Dirty Mind a filler........?!

One of THE great D2 songs in my book.

& my 2nd fav song on the album after Hearts.

Cheers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep definitely some filler on here. "Dirty Mind" (no idea why everyone likes this one?) all suck,

The production/mix also doesn't help this disc... Where is the guitar in the mix? Some great lead-work, but you can't hear it!

:lol: You crazy kid. 'Dirty mind' is a filler? Haha. Yeah, *wink wink* I agree mate. Spot on. ;)

I'm also totally amazed with your production comments. I can honestly say you're the only person I've seen comment with any negativity on this aspect of the CD.

It's compressed as hell, but that's par for the course for most CD's since about 1992. I agree with Tim, guitars are BURIED due to brick-wall production techniques. It's really a shame, but true.

Give me back my analog tape!

Yep definitely some filler on here. "Dirty Mind" (no idea why everyone likes this one?) all suck,

The production/mix also doesn't help this disc... Where is the guitar in the mix? Some great lead-work, but you can't hear it!

:lol: You crazy kid. 'Dirty mind' is a filler? Haha. Yeah, *wink wink* I agree mate. Spot on. ;)

I'm also totally amazed with your production comments. I can honestly say you're the only person I've seen comment with any negativity on this aspect of the CD.

It's compressed as hell, but that's par for the course for most CD's since about 1992. I agree with Tim, guitars are BURIED due to brick-wall production techniques. It's really a shame, but true.

Give me back my analog tape!

how does a compressed song differ to an uncompressed? I've heard the term but never quite knew what it meant.