Original Mr. Big lineup to reunite

aXe mAn

Not a big surprise in my opinion. It's their 20th. anniversary, and they've ALWAYS been adored in Japan. I'm guessing the Japanese gigs will all sell out, but I don't think a US tour will gather much momentum.

I saw these guys for the first time in Salem, Oregon the summer of 1992 with Hardline opening. What an awesome rock show! While I love LEAN INTO IT and the Japanese LIVE albums, I didn't much care for the music that followed. Martin's voice is oh-so-80's (which I like a lot), but trying to sound "grungy-tuff" in the mid-90's just didn't work for me. Honestly, save for LEAN, I prefer his ERIC MARTIN BAND stuff.

Will I go see Mr. Big for $20.00 here in Portland at the Roseland if they come? Sure. Will I buy a new album if they try to sound "modern?" Not a chance.

how can mr big ever decline a offer from Japan?

Ahhh so! Rand of Lising Sun RUVS Mr Big! Elic Maltin, Birry Sheehan are master prayers!

• My Little Pony
Excellent news! A band ive very much missed.

I can always count on Matt to sometimes be on the same page as me. Honestly, we never agree. This is big.

how can mr big ever decline a offer from Japan?

Ahhh so! Rand of Lising Sun RUVS Mr Big! Elic Maltin, Birry Sheehan are master prayers!

:rofl2::rofl2:

Happy Mega Lockers of Tokyo can't WAIT to hear "Addicted to that Lush!" Lock and Lorr!

Always considered this band to be average at best.....if you own the S/T & Lean Into It releases, then you have their best....IMO

Agreed, and to be honest, you can get away with just owning LEAN INTO IT, really.

I think these guys simply appeared on the scene a little too late to make a big splash. LEAN was released in late(ish) 1991, and they were touring in support of the album (in the States, anyway) during the summer of 1992. As I previously mentioned, I saw them with Hardline in Salem, Oregon sometime in June, possibly July 1992... and we all know what was going on in 1992 :(

Had they been around in the mid-80's the band might have been received a bit better. EMB obtained some cult popularity, but didn't have that one BIG HIT you needed to get in heavy rotation on MTV or in the pages Circus Magazine.

LEAN INTO IT had several tracks that would have been much bigger in 1986(ish) than 1991 / 1992(ish). Can you imagine if JUST TAKE MY HEART was on the radio the summer of 1987 along side NEVER SAY GOODBYE and HYSTERIA?

Another case of bad timing I suppose.

I always liked the S/T and 'Lean Into It' they were the only 2 Mr. Big discs I had heard in their entirety until a few months back, when I got some of their other stuff. I must admit that I love 'Actual Size' aswell after getting it, and that would probably get the nod out of their whole catologue.

A very talented band that never really gave us that total killer album,but they definitely gave us some good tunes along the way.

I always liked the S/T and 'Lean Into It' they were the only 2 Mr. Big discs I had heard in their entirety until a few months back, when I got some of their other stuff. I must admit that I love 'Actual Size' aswell after getting it, and that would probably get the nod out of their whole catologue.

A very talented band that never really gave us that total killer album,but they definitely gave us some good tunes along the way.

Yep, Actual Size is awesome as is Bump Ahead. Melodic bliss indeed ;)

Did I call a Mr Big album 'Get over it' when I should have called it 'Actual Size'? Or are there 2 with Koetzen? I forget. I may have to check the discography.

To me, 'Actual Size' was exactly the same as the rest. 'Shine' and the next song were excellent. The rest was total crap, imo. 'Bump Ahead' was a complete trainwreck too, imo. 'Promise her the moon' is arguably their best song and 'The whole world is gonna know' was a cool rocker. Even their cover of 'Wild world' was passable, but the rest of that disc was a steaming pile of horseshit... imo. :) 'Nothing but love' had it's moments too... sort of.

Did I call a Mr Big album 'Get over it' when I should have called it 'Actual Size'? Or are there 2 with Koetzen? I forget. I may have to check the discography.

To me, 'Actual Size' was exactly the same as the rest. 'Shine' and the next song were excellent. The rest was total crap, imo. 'Bump Ahead' was a complete trainwreck too, imo. 'Promise her the moon' is arguably their best song and 'The whole world is gonna know' was a cool rocker. Even their cover of 'Wild world' was passable, but the rest of that disc was a steaming pile of horseshit... imo. :) 'Nothing but love' had it's moments too... sort of.

Yes there were two studio albums with Richie & they were both very good. I am more surprised that you didn't like Bump Ahead. Steller production & great songs. Give it another spin with an open mind for me brother ;)

Well put there Brutha Jez!! :banger:

I am a Huge Paul Gilbert Fan as well as Billy Sheehan, so hopefully they'll come up

with some killer stuff...

Give it another spin with an open mind for me brother ;)

You realize you're asking the world from the guy.

Yeah I know...I thought I'd try :lol:

Background info: My good mate is Paul Gilbert's biggest fan in the world. Seriously. He worships him. This same dude was my surfing buddy for about 10 years before I ever got a license and in that time I probably heard every Mr Big album more than 1000 times each, no joke. I know this album inside out. For your enjoyment:

1. Colorado Bulldog ; Why not just include a bonus knife with the CD so listeners can cut parts off their body, which is the equivilant of hearing this song. Completely terrible.

2. Price You Gotta Pay ; bland as all-f*ck.

3. Promise Her the Moon ; arguably the best song they ever recorded. Stunning.

4. What's it Gonna Be ; as fogettable as sin.

5. Wild World ; not a bad cover, to be honest.

6. Mr. Gone ; so bad it'll make you vomit stuff you didn't know you'd digested.

7. The Whole World's Gonna Know ; good solid hard rock song. Some killer guitar.

8. Nothing But Love ; not too bad at all. Really a pretty decent song.

9. Temperamental ; bring out the knives again and slice them ears off - horrible.

10. Ain't Seen Love Like That ; okay track, but amazingly average. Below 40%.

11. Mr. Big ; again, pure and simple garbage of the purest form.

I honestly cannot see what's so good about an album with 2 great songs and 2 pretty good ones. ;)

Background info: My good mate is Paul Gilbert's biggest fan in the world. Seriously. He worships him. This same dude was my surfing buddy for about 10 years before I ever got a license and in that time I probably heard every Mr Big album more than 1000 times each, no joke. I know this album inside out. For your enjoyment:

1. Colorado Bulldog ; Why not just include a bonus knife with the CD so listeners can cut parts off their body, which is the equivilant of hearing this song. Completely terrible.

7. The Whole World's Gonna Know ; good solid hard rock song. Some killer guitar.

9. Temperamental ; bring out the knives again and slice them ears off - horrible.

I honestly cannot see what's so good about an album with 2 great songs and 2 pretty good ones. ;)

If you hate that version of the song Mr. Big then I'm sure you'd hate the original.

Sersiouly I'll admit that after this album they were a good but not great band and I'd never put this album with the first two BUT there's not one song on this album I didn't like. "Colorado Bulldog"? A good rocking opening song. I don't see or hear what the problem is with it. Then again your taste is different than mine on what's good and what's not. Sometimes what you see as great I see as pure shit and vice versa. :tumbsup:

If you hate that version of the song Mr. Big then I'm sure you'd hate the original.

Sersiouly I'll admit that after this album they were a good but not great band and I'd never put this album with the first two BUT there's not one song on this album I didn't like. "Colorado Bulldog"? A good rocking opening song. I don't see or hear what the problem is with it. Then again your taste is different than mine on what's good and what's not. Sometimes what you see as great I see as pure shit and vice versa. :tumbsup:

Simply put, mate, 'Colorado Bulldog' is about as melodic as someone being hanged.

The only filler on this cd for me is Mr. Gone & Mr. Big (the song :)...that's it.

So, we disagree once again. Big shock...:)

Simply put, mate, 'Colorado Bulldog' is about as melodic as someone being hanged.

I don't think the intention was to be "melodic" as you put it.

It's just a good upbeat rock song IMO.

I don't think the intention was to be "melodic" as you put it.

It's just a good upbeat rock song IMO.

Backed. Fine for some, but that don't fly with me. Well, it does... I just don't think it is any good. ;)