Original Mr. Big lineup to reunite

aXe mAn

BIG SURPRISE:

Yes, Mr. Big will reform for a 2009 Japanese tour - the original line-up of Eric Martin, Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan and Pat Torpey will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the band's debut album. More news soon...

Courtesy of www.melodicrock.com

Mr. Big? Good Lord.

I think that makes it official. EVERY '80s band has now reunited.

Kill me now.

And there appeared another sign of the end; behold a wildly haired monstrosity, having five heads and strings of six, and seven crowns upon their heads wanting to be with you. Thus signals the beginning of the end. Rev. 6:18 KJV

Yep, I saw this one coming.

And there appeared another sign of the end; behold a wildly haired monstrosity, having five heads and strings of six, and seven crowns upon their heads wanting to be with you. Thus signals the beginning of the end. Rev. 6:18 KJV

Yep, I saw this one coming.

Amen! :bowdown:

Mr. Big? Good Lord.

I think that makes it official. EVERY '80s band has now reunited.

Kill me now.

Can't wait to see Killen!!!

:yikes: GOD no... let's not give'em any ideas please!!! :rofl2:

Yeah, they never really did anything for me in the first place so I can't pretend to be excited. A new album with the original line-up would get a spin from me, though. Just for interest's sake.

To be honest, they did have some good songs. But one or two per album is not an impressive strike rate.

• My Little Pony

Wowaweewoo.

I thought there would be more excitement surrounding their return.

I'm excited, even if it is exclusively, a Japan tour. Could mean more.

Mr. Big gets hated on so much mostly due for being remembered for a sappy acoustic ballad but when you looks at the bands from the Hair era there wasn't another band that had as much talent as this band, plus they wrote some great songs IMO especially on their first 3 albums.

Mr. Big gets hated on so much mostly due for being remembered for a sappy acoustic ballad but when you looks at the bands from the Hair era there wasn't another band that had as much talent as this band, plus they wrote some great songs IMO especially on their first 3 albums.

I agree they were arguably as talented as any band that EVER came out of the entire genre and they did have some truly excellent songs. But imo, even on those first three albums, at least 2/3 to 3/4 of all their songs were just crap/filler. Still, I have all their CDs in my collection and would never get rid of them, based on the strength of the good songs they did occasionally write.

I agree they were arguably as talented as any band that EVER came out of the entire genre and they did have some truly excellent songs. But imo, even on those first three albums, at least 2/3 to 3/4 of all their songs were just crap/filler. Still, I have all their CDs in my collection and would never get rid of them, based on the strength of the good songs they did occasionally write.

I just don't hear much filler at all on their first 3 releases.

I just don't hear much filler at all on their first 3 releases.

Admittedly 'Lean into it' kicked a bit of ass and was chock full of good songs, but imo the debut and especially the third album were just overflowing with filler.

Can think of a gazillion other bands out at the time that deserved better than what these guys got...to each their own.

Not a lot of bands were together as long as these guys that would deserve it more. Just my opinion though..

You guys are killing me..this band is phenominal! Every studio record is a keeper in my collection. I swear, I've never seen so many people on crack :)

Backed 100%. I love this band...thought there would've been a lot more fans sounding off about this reunion. Even a reunion with Ritchie Kotzen would've been killer, IMO. Kotzen is smokin' live...

You guys are killing me..this band is phenominal! Every studio record is a keeper in my collection. I swear, I've never seen so many people on crack :)

Backed 100%. I love this band...thought there would've been a lot more fans sounding off about this reunion. Even a reunion with Ritchie Kotzen would've been killer, IMO. Kotzen is smokin' live...

Whilst Koetzen is a great guitarist I really, really don't think he suited Mr. Big any more than he did Poison.

Whilst Koetzen is a great guitarist I really, really don't think he suited Mr. Big any more than he did Poison.

Now you don't like Native Tongue? I'm jumping off a building... :hammer:

Now you don't like Native Tongue? I'm jumping off a building... :hammer:

No, No, NO, NO!

I LOVE 'Native Tongue'. I love it even more than 'Crack a smile', even if I do think Sarenceno was more suited to Poison than Koetzen. Don't get me wrong at all, mate. I don't think Koetzen was a perfect fit for Poison, but 'Native Tongue' is an excellent CD. With CC or Blues it would have been even better, but I still love it. I just don't think Koetzen's style suited Poison, or Mr Big but again, 'Get Over it' as an overall disc was probably better than about 3 Mr Big CDs with Gilbert. :lol:

Mate, you should know me well enough by now. I think Dizzy Dean's voice is like being raped by a gang of African Americans but it doesn't mean I don't still like Britny Fox's songs, the music, the hooks - it's not just one think that makes up a good song for me. :)