Night By Night - 'Just Tonight'

Geoff

Well, f*ck me. Google and I are just not getting along tonight. Another band I can literally find NOTHING about, even if I type in the supposed name of the EP and band name... f*ck me. Oh well, does anyone know these guys? Here's the one write-up I've seen on them:

NIGHT BY NIGHT are pioneering a killer combination of contemporary and classic rock. Fusing powerful guitar riffs with lush three-part vocal harmonies, their exhilarating brand of hook-laden hard rock flourishes on the band’s debut E.P. Just Tonight (produced by Paul Tipler (Placebo, Idlewild)).

Fronted by The Sisters of Mercy’s lead guitarist, Ben Christo, NIGHT BY NIGHT are re-treading the trails that were blazed by the likes of Def Leppard, Night Ranger and Bon Jovi, all of whom the band cite as major influences. While the impact of these bands is clear in the songs presented on this E.P., NIGHT BY NIGHT are redefining the terrain: bringing a modern edge to the melodic rock genre. Drawing on complex themes of heartbreak and hope in equal measure, the record will appeal not only to the genre’s traditional listeners, but is inclusive to fans from as far afield as Faith No More, My Chemical Romance, Thrice and Motley Crüe.

Showcasing the band’s adaptability, NIGHT BY NIGHT were recently asked to perform alongside L.A. goth rockers London After Midnight, who made their first appearance in the U.K. in 13 years. NIGHT BY NIGHT are unfazed about confronting expectations and challenging perspectives, while producing music that has integrity and a sense of meaning so often lacking in today’s disposable climate.

For fans of Def Leppard, Story of the Year, Winger, The 69 Eyes, Lostprophets, FM, Firehouse, D:A:D, Crashdïet, Dokken, AC/DC, Funeral for A Friend, Cheap Trick, Halestorm, Maryslim, Talisman and Night Ranger.

Recent Comments:

“Night by Night have the potential to bring melodic rock kicking and screaming into public awareness….Combining big hooks and melodies with a sense of pain, suffering, and life experience.†â€â€œ Komodo Rock

“A true revelation, this is pure unfiltered melodic rock that is the best thing to come out of Britain in many years. Well-written lyrics, catchy rhythms demonstrating some nice tricks and velvety licks alongside outstanding harmonising makes Night by Night top of the class.†â€â€œ DJ Neurofen

"Damn, this was refreshing and good, and must be the best thing to come out of Britain in ages. Great riffs and killer harmonies and if there is any justice in the world, Night by Night will be HUGE and “Here I am†would be on top of all the charts... The combination of old 80's glam/sleaze/rock & roll and modern music is a real kick in the teeth... Really looking forward to hearing more from this band†â€â€œ Rock Artist Service, Norway

Tracklisting:

1. Just Tonight

2. Inside

3. Here I Am

I would love to see these guys get a full album out there because I truly believe they could be the first band to crack even the hardest "modern rock" hater. The music is really 100% Heavy Harmonies material, but the title track does have vocals which did make me think modern rock... even if the songs are almost prime Dokken-esque at times.

A really promising band which could set the scene alight if they get their stuff out there. Watch the name.

This is ok for what it is, 2nd tune was quite good, but generally I found it a bit weak overall. There are so many bands out there now doing this sort of early 80's inspired stuff (some good, some not so good) that this really doesn't stand out to be honest. Would definitley check more of them out, but I can't say they exactly blew me away.

I did laugh out loud when I read the 'Best thing to come out of Britain in many years' quote. - I now have to wipe off the coffee I spit all over my monitor. Some people shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard really

Pretty good actually. The vocals werent the best, esp the backing vocs. But the songs were pretty catchy and had some good guitar work.

Just missing that killer touch for me though :unsure:

Id be interested to hear a full release though.

This is ok for what it is, 2nd tune was quite good, but generally I found it a bit weak overall. There are so many bands out there now doing this sort of early 80's inspired stuff (some good, some not so good) that this really doesn't stand out to be honest. Would definitley check more of them out, but I can't say they exactly blew me away.

I did laugh out loud when I read the 'Best thing to come out of Britain in many years' quote. - I now have to wipe off the coffee I spit all over my monitor. Some people shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard really

I have to agree with Jez...heard it done a million times better by other bands.

Yep, a little too generic. With all the great hard rock coming out these days, these guys are gonna have to do something a little different to stand out in the crowd.

Yeah, after a few more spins and less alcohol in the system, I pretty much agree with you guys. I do like what they're doing and I do think there is potential here for a great full-length release, but they're possibly not quite as good as I imagined in my Friday night stupor. :lol: I do like them, though.