Adrenalin Kick - 'Bad Reputation'

Geoff

Just heard this band for the first time today and I am genuinely impressed. I was amazed to hear they're actually from the UK as they have a very US 80's sleaze/commercial hard rock sound. I'm not saying they sound like Skid Row, but they're of the same vibe as bands like Skid Row, Sven Gali, Alleycat Smile, Shotgun Messiah and the like. Good solid attitude driven hard rock. The thing that impresses me most is that I can't find a dud on all 10 tracks on this disc, release 1991 with the following tracks:

1. De-Humanize

2. She's Got Me Runnin'

3. Get Up

4. Turn Me On

5. Rough Stuff

6. Beware The Stranger

7. Million Miles

8. All I Want

9. Cold, Tired And Hungry

10. Bad Reputation

Any other fans?

This CD has been on my Want List since Moses was knee-high to a grasshopper. I picked up their 2nd effort, "Massacre the Mainstream," many moons ago, and thought it was just OK, but I've heard "Bad Reputation" is far superior. I love that attitude-driven hard rock sound, so this might very well be up my musical alley. Then again, I'm pretty picky these days...

It's not that difficult to find, but I've never been willing to pay the somewhat-seep asking prices. My days of forking over major dough for unknown/obscure bands are over; major dough is now reserved for diapers & daycare. Oh yeah, I'm a badass rock 'n' roller. :headbanger:

Wow, I'd heard the 2nd album was a sell-out peice of shit. Now I'm interested. I'll have to try to find that one too. Mark, I know you're into hard copies but if you'd like to experiment, don't be shy and I'll hook you up with the MP3s for the debut disc if you want to hear it. Think you might like it. Maybe.

Okay guys, give me the news. I just paid us$9.24 for 'Massacre The Mainstream', postage included. Have I done okay or is it not worth this?

Who wants to sell me the debut for the same price? ;)

Okay guys, give me the news. I just paid us$9.24 for 'Massacre The Mainstream', postage included. Have I done okay or is it not worth this?

Who wants to sell me the debut for the same price? ;)

fair price for the sophomore but alas you'd find it not a patch on that fine debut of theirs. never the les i'm sure you'd enjoy it. :beerbang:

Thanks for the info, guys. The price wasn't too bad and if you guys don't mind it it must be pretty cool. From what I'd read elsewhere I understood it was a Sven Gali's 'Inwire'-type mess, but I know you guys wouldn't be giving it moderate praise if that were true. Looking forward to spinning it. :)

Thanks for the info, guys. The price wasn't too bad and if you guys don't mind it it must be pretty cool. From what I'd read elsewhere I understood it was a Sven Gali's 'Inwire'-type mess, but I know you guys wouldn't be giving it moderate praise if that were true. Looking forward to spinning it. :)

lemme know your fave traxx on it, i'm sure you'd have a few.. :beerbang:

Wow, I'd heard the 2nd album was a sell-out peice of shit. Now I'm interested. I'll have to try to find that one too. Mark, I know you're into hard copies but if you'd like to experiment, don't be shy and I'll hook you up with the MP3s for the debut disc if you want to hear it. Think you might like it. Maybe.

"Massacre the Mainstream" is definitely hard-edged, probably even crossing the line into full-on metal. I actually predict that you won't hate it, but I doubt you'll be too impressed with it either. It's been years since I've heard it, but I recall metallic guitars, blistering attitude, but a lack of big hooks and almost no backing vox. I usually like heavier, more aggressive stuff, but even I found it too bland to bother keeping. Can't compare it to "Bad Reputation," as I've never heard that one (PM'd ya to rectify that), but based on what others have said, I'm pretty sure "Bad Reputation" blows away "Massacre..."

Haven't listened to 'Massacre' in years but I liked it a lot when I first got it and played the hell out of it....I haven't heard their first one but I wouldn't mind checking it out.......I can't help thinking 'Massacre' is going to be a bit heavy for you Geoff but I've been wrong before.... :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a song from Adrenaline Kick, I love it, I got it off Audio Galaxy, and it's on NO!!! albums, if anybody can help me out that would be cool, it's called Freak Inside, and I havent been able to find out shit about it.

I have a song from Adrenaline Kick, I love it, I got it off Audio Galaxy, and it's on NO!!! albums, if anybody can help me out that would be cool, it's called Freak Inside, and I havent been able to find out shit about it.

That one's not on the debut so I assume it's off the second album... which I hope to have this week. :)

Nope!!! not on either of the albums, I absolutely cannot find a goddamn thing about this song, it was encoded, but guess what was in the album header? Its blank, it's not really like anything they did before, it sounds kind of like they are using programing, but it's definitely the same singer!

>> Nope!!! not on either of the albums, I absolutely cannot find a goddamn thing about this song, it was encoded, but guess what was in the album header? Its blank, it's not really like anything they did before, it sounds kind of like they are using programing, but it's definitely the same singer! <<

If it had programming in it then it was most likely a demo that was done for a prospective third album as they were going in a bit more of an industrial direction writing wise.

Are they still together at all?

I got the 'Massacre the Mainstream' disc yesterday... so as soon as Soundwave Week is over it's in my ears.

• 3 years later...
Guest mr. primate

I've got the tracks for it here. I got them off Daz Ryder a few years ago with an aim to doing a couple of mixes of it. They didn't get back to about the rough ideas I sent them, so it didn't go any further. The mix on the original track was not of the best quality, and I assume it was a demo scheduled for the album, but didn't make it to getting the full treatment.

I realise this is 3 years on from your post, but I hope it finds you well :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mr. primate

If the God of Azintex Music is reading this, PLEASE "release" this album! :)

Hi Geoff - I can confirm that there was a 12 track album, which was shelved. The copy I have is still in the early mix stage, and I have no idea of the legal position of this album - copyright wise, etc. There are a few mixes of Freak Inside on my hard drive, one of which has been on a remix download site, so is a bit more share-able, and I have a finished mix of Equinox which has been previously released as a taster. Other than that, I'll have to speak to someone from the band.

Private message me with a drop-box, and I'll drop you the mixes I can.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mr. primate

I managed to get hold of a 2001 demo from their then bass player, Paul Lloyd (now with Bloodstock 2011 newcomers Rannoch). It's got 3 tracks, recorded and mixed by the band and Big Mick Hughes (Metallica's live engineer). Anyone interested, give me a shout. It comprises of 3 tracks: stone cold, equinox and freak inside.