YOUR FIRST

staryder1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmmm..

It would've been Ultravox at the 100 Club in 1978 I think,with John Foxx on vox,but after lining up in the pissing rain for ages,I got reused entry cos I was only 14 at the time. :crying::crying:

My first proper gig was The Skids at the Queensway Hall in Dunstable in 1980 when I was 17....

I honestly can't remember my first rock gig !!!!!!!

Scorpions with Blackfoot supporting

Animal Magnetism Tour - Friday 24th October 1980

Birmingham Odeon

Cheap Trick, UFO, New England...Feb 19th(?) 1981...

nice.

It was.... :bowdown:

I saw Cheap Trick on the 'All Shook Up' tour in '81 over here , but alas No New England - I am very jealous.

Hmmmmmmmm..

It would've been Ultravox at the 100 Club in 1978 I think,with John Foxx on vox,but after lining up in the pissing rain for ages,I got reused entry cos I was only 14 at the time. :crying::crying:

It has a very narrow doorway at the 100 club mate, so you wouldn't have managed to squeeze through, with tits like yours. :whistle:

Hmmmmmmmm..

It has a very narrow doorway at the 100 club mate, so you wouldn't have managed to squeeze through, with tits like yours. :whistle:

Where did all this big tits bollocks come from ? :screwy:

Hmmmmmmmm..

Where did all this big tits bollocks come from ? :screwy:

:tits:

Come on, what was the first rock gig you went to. Try to remember dammit!

Hmmmmmmmm..

It would've been Ultravox at the 100 Club in 1968 I think,with John Foxx on vox,but after lining up in the pissing rain for ages,I got reused entry cos I was only 14 at the time. :crying::crying:

My first proper gig was The Skids at the Queensway Hall in Dunstable in 1980 when I was 17....

I didn`t think Ultravox went that far back mate :tumbsup:

Hmmmmmmmm..

It would've been Ultravox at the 100 Club in 1938 I think,with John Foxx on vox,but after lining up in the pissing rain for ages,I got reused entry cos I was only 14 at the time. :crying::crying:

My first proper gig was The Skids at the Queensway Hall in Dunstable in 1940 when I was 17....

I didn`t think Ultravox went that far back mate :tumbsup:

Ultravox were one of the first Pre WWII New wave bands Faron ;)

Cliff Richard - Green Light Tour 1978

Def Leppard 'On Through The Night' Tour April 5th 1980 (Just found this info) http://www.deflepparduk.com/stalbans80.html

Pat Travers Band. 'Crash And Burn' Tour early 1980

Saxon - 'Wheels Of Steel Tour May 5th 1980

Some nice one`s there Jez :tumbsup:

Def Leppard 'On Through The Night' Tour April 5th 1980 (Just found this info) http://www.deflepparduk.com/stalbans80.html

You are a freak even knowing the name of a Dame Cliff tour. :loser:

Didn`t know he was a dame though mate :nyanya:

Didn`t know he was a dame though mate :nyanya:

Cliff is a She and always will be. Everyone knows that :D

Cheap Trick, UFO, New England...Feb 19th(?) 1981...

nice.

It was.... :bowdown:

I saw Cheap Trick on the 'All Shook Up' tour in '81 over here , but alas No New England - I am very jealous.

New England were really good..They had 1 song that at the time I knew...

their set list was really short.. 25 mins tops...UFO and CT both played

very long sets..all three we're really good, but CT was in fine form..as usual

plus being a Midwest semi local band they had something to prove...

My first was in 1991 or 1992. Queensryche with guest Warrior Soul. Killer show!!! Some of the radio/Much Music/MTV posers who only went to see Queensryche for "Silent Lucidity", started booing Warrior Soul halfway through their set...some people are just idiots. Queensryche redid the entire Mindcrime release from start to finish...so sweet!!! I still have a vivid image of Geoff Tate asking the fans "Toronto.....do you believe in love?.....well I don't". Shivers!!!

I wanna say it was 1980 and the band was called Free Fare...they were playing my local High School *I was in 8th Grade* and me and a couple of buddies went on a Friday night. It was surreal to me....as I had never experienced anything like it before!

The band was Christian...as I can remember *not sure*...but that didn't affect anyone as the music was cool and no one seemed to care either way!!!

After that...my first concert...with a mainstream band would have been Bon Jovi who opened up for Donnie Iris back in Youngstown, Ohio. It was also around the time I went to see U2 with Lone Justice opening up......and I'm not sure which of those two was actually first!! It was so long ago that I'm not really sure!! LOL

Those dudes in Free Fare must have toured High Schools all over the country. I saw them at my high school in Maryland. You don't know how many times I have tried to remember their name over the years. I never could remember the name Free Fare.... So THANKS. But as I remember, they were really good... Wonder whatever happened to them...?

First concert?? Ummm... 1986, Rick Springfield with Til Tuesday opening... :anon:

Now first "Metal" Concert???

Aerosmith with Dokken opening, 1987, Permanent Vacation tour... Awesome show!!!! :headbanger:

Hey now... I saw that Rick Springfield and Til Tuesday tour at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. Til Tuesday rules... After that show I went to see them a few more times over the years. Actually I think I saw them headline a club before that.

PS ~ I actually stayed for Rick Springfield and rather enjoyed the show.

Kick Axe, Whitesnake and Quiet Riot - Conditional Critical tour 84 or 85, grade 8 or 9.

No shocker I guess: Quiet Riot was the worst of the bunch.

Shocks me...they have been solid...all three times I saw them.