YOUR FIRST

staryder1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judas Priest and Dokken, Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey - June 6, 1986. It was awesome. I didn't hear properly for about a week. :banger:

Def Leppard 'On Through The Night' Tour April 5th 1980 (Just found this info) http://www.deflepparduk.com/stalbans80.html

Pat Travers Band. 'Crash And Burn' Tour early 1980

Saxon - 'Wheels Of Steel Tour May 5th 1980

Def Leppard 'On Through The Night' Tour April 5th 1980 (Just found this info) http://www.deflepparduk.com/stalbans80.html

You old git :whistle:

Seriously Im well jealous of that Saxon gig. :crying:

I wanna say it was 1980 and the band was called Free Fare...they were playing my local High School *I was in 8th Grade* and me and a couple of buddies went on a Friday night. It was surreal to me....as I had never experienced anything like it before!

The band was Christian...as I can remember *not sure*...but that didn't affect anyone as the music was cool and no one seemed to care either way!!!

After that...my first concert...with a mainstream band would have been Bon Jovi who opened up for Donnie Iris back in Youngstown, Ohio. It was also around the time I went to see U2 with Lone Justice opening up......and I'm not sure which of those two was actually first!! It was so long ago that I'm not really sure!! LOL

You old git :whistle:

Seriously Im well jealous of that Saxon gig. :crying:

It was the day before my 14th birthday - I remember walking into the hall, and being confronted with the huge 'Eagle' backdrop. Still one of the best gigs I have ever been to even to this day. I think the support band were Lautrec (Pre Stampede)

Back in the 70's and early 80's (probably before many of you were even born...LOL!!) I was working on a special detail for the police department here. One of our assignments (yeah...we got paid for this) was to work the Mississippi River Festival each year on the campus of Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, IL. During the months of June-July_August each year there were concerts 3 or 4 times each week. They ranged from Jazz, Rock and pop music and of course, we were right in the middle of all of them. I saw so many great bands over those years, it's hard to name them all, but just a sampling........The Who, Doobie Brothers, Heart, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Fleetwood Mac, Guess Who, Jefferson Starship and many many more........

I wanna say it was 1980 and the band was called Free Fare...they were playing my local High School *I was in 8th Grade* and me and a couple of buddies went on a Friday night. It was surreal to me....as I had never experienced anything like it before!

The band was Christian...as I can remember *not sure*...but that didn't affect anyone as the music was cool and no one seemed to care either way!!!

After that...my first concert...with a mainstream band would have been Bon Jovi who opened up for Donnie Iris back in Youngstown, Ohio. It was also around the time I went to see U2 with Lone Justice opening up......and I'm not sure which of those two was actually first!! It was so long ago that I'm not really sure!! LOL

Bon Jovi Opening for Iris? :yikes:

Bon Jovi Opening for Iris? :yikes:

Yessir...!!

Status Quo back in the 70's with the "On The Level" tour......and it rocked :tumbsup:

Mine was Bon Jovi/Cinderella in February 1987 at Kemper Arena in Kansas City on their Slippery When Wet tour. I believe Livin' On A Prayer was the #1 song in the country then. I was one of the only people in my little podunk town to get tickets so I instantly had a bunch of friends I didn't have before. I almost went to see Bon Jovi about 7-8 months earlier (if memory servers) opening up for 38 Special, but I ended up not going to that one but can't remember why now? That was the last time they opened up for anyone.

It WOULD have been Billy Squier (with Ratt opening up) several years earlier by my parents wouldn't let me go.

Did anyone else go to the Van Halen Monsters Of Rock tour (with Scorps, Dokken, Metallica & Kingdom Come). That was one of my favorite shows I've ever seen. I believe it was the summer of 1988. I swear most of the people were there to see Metallica, it was right before And Justice For All came out and they were just hitting it really big. I believe they even won the Circus magazine poll for album of the year for Master Of Puppets a year earlier, which was really strange since they were considered more of a thrash band and Circus covered mainly hard rock and hair metal bands at that time.

Did anyone else go to the Van Halen Monsters Of Rock tour (with Scorps, Dokken, Metallica & Kingdom Come). That was one of my favorite shows I've ever seen. I believe it was the summer of 1988. I swear most of the people were there to see Metallica, it was right before And Justice For All came out and they were just hitting it really big. I believe they even won the Circus magazine poll for album of the year for Master Of Puppets a year earlier, which was really strange since they were considered more of a thrash band and Circus covered mainly hard rock and hair metal bands at that time.

Yup, I was there (Giants Stadium, June of '88) and I was one of those who was basically there to see Metallica. Dokken and the Scorps were cool too, though. Kingdom Come got boo'ed off the stage (and rightfully so) and we split before Van Halen came on.

"Justice" didn't come out till after the tour was over so when they played the one new song "Harvester of Sorrow," I thought it was called "Harvester of Souls" till the album came out and I saw the title on the back of the cassette. :lol:

1985 - Asylum tour for KISS...don't remember the opener & really, who cares :)

I saw them on that tour as well. Black 'n Blue opened for them in NC. My first show was actually Kiss in '77 at the age of 7. Still have the ticket stubs.

• My Little Pony

I believe my first was Sunfest. I remember DcTalk, Petra, and Whiteheart being there. I think I was 6 or 7. All I remember was loving those three bands.