LAMB OF GOD "Wrath"

TIM (2)

lamb.jpg

There's a new LoG tune called "Contractor" up on their Myspace page before the February release of "Wrath". Interesting direction they've taken too, gone is the Pantera-esque groove & slick production of the last two albums (both big sellers) & back is the raw thrashy sound of albums like "New American Gospel". I know most old-school fans won't like this band as they're obviously massively influenced by the likes of Pantera, but I'd recommend anyone give this a listen before pre-judging. Cool, brutally heavy Metal, with a totally killer chorus, that makes the likes of Slipknot seem very over-produced. :banger:

http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod

Can't listen to the tune here at work, but will check it out when I get home. Not a huge Lamb of God fan--as is well-documented here, I enjoy the more commercial-oriented modern heavy/thrash bands--but I've never hated them either.

I have never cared for these guys, and never understood the hype about them. They get tagged thrash and I honestly don't see how. I've tried a couple of their albums and all I hear is Pantera/groove-tinged metalcore with the occasional (<--- I stress that word) thrash "window dressing" thrown in.

I was ALMOST convinced that I should give them more of a try when that tune first started. It was hammering away nicely. I was digging it. However, the singer opened his mouth, and in my opinion that vocalist is just utter garbage. When the chug-a-lug breakdowns started, I completely lost interest.

These guys are playing at this Soundwave festival I'm going to. I planned to leave well before they ever hit the stage. Are they worth sticking around for?

These guys are playing at this Soundwave festival I'm going to. I planned to leave well before they ever hit the stage. Are they worth sticking around for?

Thanks to Myspace I can answer my own question with a very solid 'No!' Did I read that right that that 'Contractor' song goes for 15:20mins???

Thanks to Myspace I can answer my own question with a very solid 'No!' Did I read that right that that 'Contractor' song goes for 15:20mins???

No, "Contractor" is only 3 mins or so. This is definitely not your thing at all, if you don't like Metallica you won't like bands like LoG....