ROCKLAHOMA 2009

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get a bit worried. I looked at the available seats and there are still a ton available. I just bought my tickets from Retrospect so I'm set. With less than a month to go is there reason to worry? I'm sure the economy and weaker (by mainstream standards) lineup have something to do with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I must really be a loser. I got the free ticket to Rocklahoma and now I can't find a taker for it. I have tickets for Sec N Row 9 Seat 17 and 18. I'm going to use one of them and I have no idea about the other. If anyone needs the ticket I'll try to get it to them.

Yesterday I got burned to a crisp and it was only the first day. Not sure how many of you guys know who the band Harlot is. Yesterday they performed on the Retrospect stage and I got a signed cd. Later when Saxon was playing their set I happened to notice they were 3 or 4 rows ahead of me. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but a few minutes later they moved one of their bandmates over to the section by us. It wasn't long before security and medical people were over there. About 20-30 minutes after it all started the event staff had placed the member of Harlot on a stretcher and taken him out of there.

I hope today is much better. I don't want to get burned any more or see anyone else taken out of the concert on a stretcher. Plenty of good stuff tonight.

Yesterday I got burned to a crisp and it was only the first day. Not sure how many of you guys know who the band Harlot is. Yesterday they performed on the Retrospect stage and I got a signed cd. Later when Saxon was playing their set I happened to notice they were 3 or 4 rows ahead of me. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but a few minutes later they moved one of their bandmates over to the section by us. It wasn't long before security and medical people were over there. About 20-30 minutes after it all started the event staff had placed the member of Harlot on a stretcher and taken him out of there.

I hope today is much better. I don't want to get burned any more or see anyone else taken out of the concert on a stretcher. Plenty of good stuff tonight.

Thanks for the update, hope the Harlot member is okay.

Wish I was there, let me know if you catch Lizzy Borden tomorrow.

I found out that after Wildstreet's performance at 12:30am Friday morning one of their bandmates had to go back to the hospital. He had been in the hospital earlier for intestinal problems, but decided to play the show anyway. That dude must be pretty tough. I heard that the dude from Harlot is ok now. Yesterday it was hot as hell. I wore a long sleeve button up and I stayed in the tents most of the time. Somehow I think I still got burned again. It was pretty cool what Sam did. He took me to the back where all of the bands and business happen. He went to go find Ted Poley. I was oh so close to meeting him. He was getting dressed for the show so I couldn't go in. Eddie Trunk was in the trailer with Danger Danger at the time. It was still cool riding around. Ron Keel came by with his wife and daughter. The drummer for Leatherwolf asked Sam where he could get more cigars. There were all kinds of people coming over to Sam and asking him questions. The coolest thing was Bai Bang coming over to talk with Sam and then hitching a ride. The bands are pretty lucky. They have a beer tent with Boulevard beer. That's living pretty well.

It was so freakin hot I didn't take my seat until Night Ranger. I'm not big on the keyboard stuff, but they were entertaining just like last year. I'm really glad I got to watch Ratt this year. They weren't great, but they sure tried. On a few songs everything clicked and they were excellent. Even though they weren't perfect I don't think the crowd seemed to mind.

I'll be there in time for Lizzy Borden, but I probably won't be out there watching it. I'm not a fan and it's not worth burning just to watch them. If it's not too hot by the time Keel goes out there I might watch them. I'll be out there for Kix regardless. I was robbed of their show last year so I'm not going to miss it this year for anything, unless it's another storm.

My seat is right beside yours, but I haven't seen you yet. I guess you haven't been sitting in your seat much. I think Ratt kicked ass, and Lizzy for me will surely be one of the highlights of today. I am having a BLAST!

Well.... I'm finally back from Rocklahoma... after a canced return flight and landing in the wrong airport in Washington, DC.... Ended up being about a 16 hour adventure that shoulsd have been about 5 hours. Oh... and my bags never made it onto the plane I was in so they ended up going to Chicago on a different airline while I went to Houston insted of Dallas on yet another airline before going to the wrong airport in Washington and taking the Metro over to close to where I wanted to be... After waiting an extra 2 hours for my bags to arrive.

Anyways... I'm back now. I'll write alittle more about Rocklahoma within the next day or so and also try and post some pictures.

I'll be out there for Kix regardless. I was robbed of their show last year so I'm not going to miss it this year for anything, unless it's another storm.

Thanks for your review. Haven't heard too much about this online except the crowd turnout was poor. And how was Kix? Would love to see them!

What did you think of it LV KIX ?