Tyketto with Bombay Black and Tango Down

Blue Charvel

...did anyone go? I think hsf was there. Kivel was giving out some samplers with a FarCry tune on it, just checking (yes I am self absorbed, go figure...) if anyone got it, heard it, and what they thought of it...

Also heard it was a great show overall. Totally wanted to be there and had planned on it but my mother-in-law has been in the hospital since just after Christmas so it wasn't in the cards. :(

I was there Pete. (Sadly, the whore, Mother Nature, screwed things up and my party decided we needed to leave before Tango Down's performance. Much as I was pissed, I also saw their point and the necessity of it. I'm sure that today, at work, not losing that extra 2 hours of sleep, not to mention yesterday on the drive home, the decision was cemented as the right one. So, I guess that means I owe Rif and John a return visit. lol)

Haven't gotten a chance to spin it yet. (As a matter of fact, I still have some unpacking to do. But, with a lot of work due by Friday, I'm not sure I'll get a chance to dig it out anytime soon. But, I'll get it and throw it in the car soon. I can't imagine, being a Kivel release, that it will fail to disappoint.)

I'll report back soon.

I was there Pete. (Sadly, the whore, Mother Nature, screwed things up and my party decided we needed to leave before Tango Down's performance. Much as I was pissed, I also saw their point and the necessity of it. I'm sure that today, at work, not losing that extra 2 hours of sleep, not to mention yesterday on the drive home, the decision was cemented as the right one. So, I guess that means I owe Rif and John a return visit. lol)

Haven't gotten a chance to spin it yet. (As a matter of fact, I still have some unpacking to do. But, with a lot of work due by Friday, I'm not sure I'll get a chance to dig it out anytime soon. But, I'll get it and throw it in the car soon. I can't imagine, being a Kivel release, that it will fail to disappoint.)

I'll report back soon.

No worries man, just going crazy wanting the world to hear this stuff already...

By the way... your avatar fucking rocks as always... :bowdown:

Thank you fine sir, on the avatar. I always try to please the masses. lol

WTF is your song doing near the damn END of the sampler? I didn't even get to it in the car today! haha

So, I've listened 3 times now.

1st listen - I was knocked on my ass by the music! A bit slower-paced song, crashing cymbals were big, and pounding guitar were awesome. I was a bit undone by the vocals on the song. I don't know why, but I expected something a bit more "melodic" and was shocked that it just wasn't what I expected.

2nd listen - Still love the music. Now that the shock was put in me, I didn't mind the singer's voice. I also started noticing more nuances in the guitar work. The intricacies of the "solo" section were INCREDIBLE! Great job, Sir Peter of Stringfield!

3rd listen - Now that I know what's coming, I'm actually kind of starting to dig the singer's voice. Seeing as I've heard this multiple times, it seems that the voice now fits the song. Now that I have that out of the way, it'll be interesting hearing the whole album. (Kinda nice that surprise is out of the way. At least I won't let it tank my opinion of the whole album when it arrives.) We'll see if a few more listens cement that opinion. And, again, listening to your nimble axework, I'm blown away our l'il ol' Pete Fry is such the virtuoso. You were given plenty of room to shine on this track and DAMN did you not disappoint! Way to go man!

:drink:

Thank you fine sir, on the avatar. I always try to please the masses. lol

WTF is your song doing near the damn END of the sampler? I didn't even get to it in the car today! haha

So, I've listened 3 times now.

1st listen - I was knocked on my ass by the music! A bit slower-paced song, crashing cymbals were big, and pounding guitar were awesome. I was a bit undone by the vocals on the song. I don't know why, but I expected something a bit more "melodic" and was shocked that it just wasn't what I expected.

2nd listen - Still love the music. Now that the shock was put in me, I didn't mind the singer's voice. I also started noticing more nuances in the guitar work. The intricacies of the "solo" section were INCREDIBLE! Great job, Sir Peter of Stringfield!

3rd listen - Now that I know what's coming, I'm actually kind of starting to dig the singer's voice. Seeing as I've heard this multiple times, it seems that the voice now fits the song. Now that I have that out of the way, it'll be interesting hearing the whole album. (Kinda nice that surprise is out of the way. At least I won't let it tank my opinion of the whole album when it arrives.) We'll see if a few more listens cement that opinion. And, again, listening to your nimble axework, I'm blown away our l'il ol' Pete Fry is such the virtuoso. You were given plenty of room to shine on this track and DAMN did you not disappoint! Way to go man!

:drink:

:lol: I like it. So what's the deal with the vocals? Any comparisons?

:lol: I like it. So what's the deal with the vocals? Any comparisons?

I thought of that earlier, on the 3rd listen. I didn't come up with anything, but on the first listen, when I wasn't impressed, I kind of thought it reminded me of someone. I'll give it another listen and see what I can come up with, in terms of comparisons.

Like I figured after a bit, it's not so much that they're bad, it's just that it wasn't what I expected. (Which, I don't know why I had ANY expectations, to begin with. I'm just weird that way. I've done that quite a few times in the past.)

Thanks Jay, especially for giving it a bunch of listens first! Also appreciate the kind words about my playing, always happy when I don't disappoint!

I was hoping the vocals would be cool, Mark's definitely a serious vocalist, but he isn't easily described. Hope the rest of the disc is up your alley as well.

Thanks again for checking it out man! You rule! :drink:

Gee, I sure wish I could hear the new Farcry song. :whistle: ~kicks his shoe into the dirt~

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but I have actually heard the whole CD, and it frickin' rocks. B) Pete sent a select few of us here on the Boards an advance promo copy to get some feedback for Kivel Records. Sorry you weren't on the short list...or maybe Pete just accidentally overlooked you. Drop him a line, see if he has any copies left.

(Pssssst...I'm kidding, of course.) :fun_84:

Gee, I sure wish I could hear the new Farcry song. :whistle: ~kicks his shoe into the dirt~

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but I have actually heard the whole CD, and it frickin' rocks. B) Pete sent a select few of us here on the Boards an advance promo copy to get some feedback for Kivel Records. Sorry you weren't on the short list...or maybe Pete just accidentally overlooked you. Drop him a line, see if he has any copies left.

Wow, you're mean... I like that about you. ;)

Actually truth be told, Mark should be on a plane as we speak flying to Arkansas to do a few last minute tweaks to the vocal tracks and we're done... stay tuned... :)

Wow, you're mean...I like that about you. ;)

There are many reasons to love me. I'm multifaceted.

Hey Folks

I know i have been sparse on this board, but i thought i would post some comments to this thread. We could not be any happier that the FARCRY is nearing completion. Mixing is in its final stages and is set to be done this week. THEN off to the plant for a 14 day turnaround time. The song on the sampler, is one of my fave tracks on the album, however not the best representation of this release. Its the odd man out "HEAVY" track. As for who mark sounds like. Thats a TOUGH one. He really doesnt sound like anyone. The best i could say is he sounds like a Jamie Rowe. Now i dont mean he "sounds" like him, im saying he has that same "vibe" as Jamie .

Matched with Petes guitar work...this is a album that will surley please melodicrock fans im sure. So far the comparisons on the band and album i have heard is Winger "Heart Of Young" meets Bon Jovi "New Jersey". IMHO the best comparison i heard was that it sounded like ADRIANGALE "RE:PROGRAM" era. Comparisons aside , myself and the band will leave the interupitation to YOU the listener.

Track order is as follows with lil brief discriptions

LOVE WONT WAIT This is a GREAT toe tapper fun summertime feelgood tune. Melodic goodness with a creamy center :-)

TALK TO ME POP POP POP goes the hit!!! Great sing along tune. Kinda Def Lep Adrenalize era.

HAVE IT ALL Mean and in your face!! Showcases the monster guitar player that Pete Fry truly is! This one has that Winger vibe

FINE LINE Def Lep territory!! I can see people shouting this one at the top of thier lungs

KICK ME DOWN Kinda Firehouse meets Bon Jovi. Great vibe. This is a Clapper for sure

HEAVEN The Ballad!!!! The 80s are alive and well in this one!!!

NOWHERE FAST The "surprise" of the album....dont want to ruin it....but the clever ones will figure it out.;-) This one came out FEROCIOUS and ture to what it was meant to be.

OUT OF REACH POP POP POP goes another hit. Great catchy sing along chorus that would make Bon Jovi proud. This one was meant for crowd participation! Penned by Jace Pawlak this one is a fave of all of ours.

SHES CRAZY a great groove oriented party tune. With a BIG sing along chorus.

SAME MISTAKE Another Jace penned tune that simply put is a Beautiful Power ballad. The boy can paint a picture and this one is one of his finest moments. Having Jace onboard for this album was a pleasure. He is like a 5th member of the band. Look for HIS new band and album in spring of 09

THOSE WERE THE DAYS Upbeat... ANTHEM! ANTHEM ANTHEM!! Bon Jovi slippery era.

Hey Folks

I know i have been sparse on this board, but i thought i would post some comments to this thread. We could not be any happier that the FARCRY is nearing completion. Mixing is in its final stages and is set to be done this week. THEN off to the plant for a 14 day turnaround time. The song on the sampler, is one of my fave tracks on the album, however not the best representation of this release. Its the odd man out "HEAVY" track. As for who mark sounds like. Thats a TOUGH one. He really doesnt sound like anyone. The best i could say is he sounds like a Jamie Rowe. Now i dont mean he "sounds" like him, im saying he has that same "vibe" as Jamie .

Matched with Petes guitar work...this is a album that will surley please melodicrock fans im sure. So far the comparisons on the band and album i have heard is Winger "Heart Of Young" meets Bon Jovi "New Jersey". IMHO the best comparison i heard was that it sounded like ADRIANGALE "RE:PROGRAM" era. Comparisons aside , myself and the band will leave the interupitation to YOU the listener.

LOVE WONT WAIT This is a GREAT toe tapper fun summertime feelgood tune. Melodic goodness with a creamy center :-)

TALK TO ME POP POP POP goes the hit!!! Great sing along tune. Kinda Def Lep Adrenalize era.

HAVE IT ALL Mean and in your face!! Showcases the monster guitar player that Pete Fry truly is! This one has that Winger vibe

FINE LINE Def Lep territory!! I can see people shouting this one at the top of thier lungs

KICK ME DOWN Kinda Firehouse meets Bon Jovi. Great vibe. This is a Clapper for sure

NOWHERE FAST The "surprise" of the album....dont want to ruin it....but the clever ones will figure it out.;-) This one came out FEROCIOUS and ture to what it was meant to be.

OUT OF REACH POP POP POP goes another hit. Great catchy sing along chorus that would make Bon Jovi proud. This one was meant for crowd participation! Penned by Jace Pawlak this one is a fave of all of ours.

SAME MISTAKE Another Jace penned tune that simply put is a Beautiful Power ballad. The boy can paint a picture and this one is one of his finest moments. Having Jace onboard for this album was a pleasure. He is like a 5th member of the band. Look for HIS new band and album in spring of 09

Wow. I really need to hear this. I must admit I wasn't expecting the disc to sound like this. Not sure what I was expecting, but sure as f*ck looking even more forward to it now!

He said the maigc words JAMIE ROWE. if the singer has that kind of vibe i'm a buying

I think u will be pleased. :-) He doesnt have Jamies "grit"...its just more of a "vibe".That reminds me of Jamie. Dont want people to think he is a clone of anyone now. LOL.

The First time i heard Mark sing...my mouth hit the floor. He did STYX Come Sail Away. He hit EVERY note spot on! He pretty much had the gig , and he didnt even know he had just auditioned. LOL!! We will be posting two mp3s sometime next week. Keep an eye out...and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey Folks

Wow. I really need to hear this. I must admit I wasn't expecting the disc to sound like this. Not sure what I was expecting, but sure as f*ck looking even more forward to it now!

My best advice would be to ask "Remember what Rockarma sounds like?" and when you say "Yeah, of course!", then I say "Well, it sounds nothing like that." ;)

Not that it's a bad thing to sound like Rockarma, this is just different but also pretty awesome (at least to me). :guitbannana: