AIRLESS - 'Fight' (2008 Release)

Geoff

Sorry cousin but I haven't heard it or them for that matter.

Am I missing out?

Personally, I think their last album, '2nd Round' was f*cking excellent. But I think I was the only one. If you like Fate and Masquerade, chances are you'll dig that disc. Their debut was only okay but apparently this new one is meant to be a gem too. Would love to get my ears on it!

Am I missing out?

Personally, I think their last album, '2nd Round' was f*cking excellent. But I think I was the only one. If you like Fate and Masquerade, chances are you'll dig that disc. Their debut was only okay but apparently this new one is meant to be a gem too. Would love to get my ears on it!

doooooooooood, fate & masquerade.......?? you really hear those two band on the 2nd airless cd???

geeez i'd agree about masqurade on the airless's fab debut & thats all.....

i gotta admit i hear classic harem scarem mood swings on the 2nd airless so i'm really looking forward to picking up their new cd.......

i'm told that i may not like it......... you howvere should have no problems whatsoever it seems.. :)

Am I missing out?

doooooooooood, fate & masquerade.......?? you really hear those two band on the 2nd airless cd???

i gotta admit i hear classic harem scarem mood swings on the 2nd airless so i'm really looking forward to picking up their new cd.......

i'm told that i may not like it......... you howvere should have no problems whatsoever it seems.. :)

I've never heard anything from this band, but that Mood Swings comparison is enough to get me on board. I'll check em out.

Am I missing out?

I've never heard anything from this band, but that Mood Swings comparison is enough to get me on board. I'll check em out.

i urge you to pick up the first 2 discs before the newie..... the debut is still my fave.

Am I missing out?

It doesn't necessarily sound like those two bands, it just has that similar style of killer rhythm guitar. Big melodic choruses too. Yeah, if I had to choose two similar bands I'd stick with those two. I can hear a bit of 'Mood Swings' too, I guess.

Nothing at all stood out for me on the debut, there are about 5 really killer tracks on '2nd Round'. IMO.

Why will you not like it but I'll have no problems liking it?

CDBaby has it as well.....

Well that's interesting. I might have a look in. Thanks for the tip.

Just spun the first three samples over at CD Baby and sounds to be exactly where '2nd Round' left off. Tacky lyrics, but songs sound cool.

Andre, what on earth makes you think this is so different, or that you'll dislike it?

Just spun the first three samples over at CD Baby and sounds to be exactly where '2nd Round' left off. Tacky lyrics, but songs sound cool.

Andre, what on earth makes you think this is so different, or that you'll dislike it?

Geoff, the newie contains more moderness than it's predecessor so you'd be all over it, anyway we'll see when the disc gets around here.

Geoff, the newie contains more moderness than it's predecessor so you'd be all over it, anyway we'll see when the disc gets around here.

"Moderness"? LOL. Yeah, I can't tell you the amount of modern hard rock bands who sing songs like 'Never give up'. ;) Haha. I think someone's given you dud info, mate.

Yeha very good band, the guitar player could remind something from Fate (Scratch and sniff era) that's good. Robert Rodrigo is a great shredder.

Shame on me I didn't know they were out witn an album in 2008 :wacko:

Yeha very good band, the guitar player could remind something from Fate (Scratch and sniff era) that's good. Robert Rodrigo is a great shredder.

Shame on me I didn't know they were out witn an album in 2008 :wacko:

Haha, neither did I. And I remember doing a full search on the band halfway through 2008 to see if they were even still together. :lol: Sneaky bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got around to spinning this one and it's pretty good. It needs a few more spins because it didn't grab me like '2nd Round' did, but it's still the same vibe. I'd even say it's more consistent, but the songs are nowhere near as good as the best of '2nd Round', imo. Still, very impressive listen.