Def Leppard & Poison

heaven&hell

This is a shocker to me after the fighting in the press between these two bands last year.

But it is a good package and should be a good show.

It would be cool to see them add a 3rd band from the era or at least an up and coming band that has a similar sound.

POISON frontman Bret Michaels has confirmed that his band is in talks to tour with DEF LEPPARD later in the year. Speaking to CNN about his upcoming activities, Michaels said, "I've got a huge announcement, which actually just happened this morning. DEF LEPPARD and POISON are gonna go out on the road this summer. And the reason that's exciting for me [is] I know it will be the rock tour this summer. POISON and DEF LEPPARD, with all those big hits, being out there, we put out a great show, we've got a huge fanbase, but the one thing the fans get, we always keep the ticket prices down and deliver an absolutely awesome, kick-ass rock show. And I look forward to it, because I'm still a fan of music — I'm very passionate about the music I make — and when you can be out on the road with people you like — I've been able to go out with AEROSMITH, KISS, SKYNYRD — and to be out with DEF LEPPARD and POISON this summer, I think that it's gonna be the tour of the summer."

The announcement of a possible tour featuring POISON and DEF LEPPARD will undoubtely come as a surprise to most fans of the two heavyweight rock acts, both of whom have continued to do good business on the road despite the fact their most recent studio albums have failed to light up the charts.

Last summer, POISON was involved in a war of words with DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott over Elliott's comments at a June 2008 press conference at the Sweden Rock Festival, in which Joe said bands like POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE had "no substance in their music" and therefore relied more on their image in the '80s. Michaels held his own press conference the next day and responded to Elliott's comments, saying, "We have not sold out, and continuously, for 20 years every arena because we care about just our appearance. The music comes first." He then added, "(DEF LEPPARD) shouldn't be knocking anyone about their music since they just did a show called 'Dancing With The Stars' in the U.S. and they got crucified because they fucking lip-synched the entire show, so before they bust anyone's balls, I've never lip-synched a fucking thing in my life — ever! It's the pot calling the kettle black."

In a July 18, 2008 message posted at DEF LEPPARD's official web site, Elliott explained his original remarks by saying, "I was simply making the following simple point when I said a lot of those Hollywood bands weren't 'real' (or whatever I said)... I was born Joseph Elliott, Sav was born Richard Savage, Rick was born Richard Allen, Phil was born Philip Collen, Viv was born Vivian Campbell, and oh, Steve was born Stephen Clark. I don't think anyone in POISON uses their real name, do they? And I could name hundreds of others who don't, but POISON came to mind because I was asked about them! It's nothing personal, it was just an answer to a question."

Wow, that's a surprise.

So does anyone know if Poison ever plan to release an album of new material, or are they bound to be a touring band only for the rest of time?

but will it happen?

I really don't want to believe it but if Bret has already said it it has to be true right?

I mean Bret wouldn't lie would he? :whistle:

If I went I'd get front row tickets on Vivian's side of the stage and wear my DIO Holy Diver t-shirt and yell out for him to play DIO songs. I wonder how that would go over? :lol:

Seriously though, love em or hate em this will be a good rock show. :tumbsup:

If this match up goes on the road, how long before the first punch is thrown? :lol:

but will it happen?

I really don't want to believe it but if Bret has already said it it has to be true right?

If I went I'd get front row tickets on Vivian's side of the stage and wear my DIO Holy Diver t-shirt and yell out for him to play DIO songs. I wonder how that would go over? :lol:

Since Kevin at Dakota Rock Fest was talking up only having bands with numerous hits, do you think he will snag these guys?

What a great Idea!!!!.. :tumbsup:

Would be funny if Vivian started playing Holy Diver and have Joe look lover at Him like what the FUCK?????? :lol:

but will it happen?

Since Kevin at Dakota Rock Fest was talking up only having bands with numerous hits, do you think he will snag these guys?

That would be awesome. If so I will have to wear my Dio shirt for sure. :tumbsup:

:banana:

If it happens?? And they come to Oregon??? I am THERE!!!!!! :headbanger:

They'll play at the Clark County Ampitheatre again, count on it.

Every time Leppard plays there it's jam-packed. I always throw a big party at my place (about 10 minutes from the venue right near Vancouver Mall) before the show. ALL Portland-area locals are invited... I have a kegerator and love to mix drinks as well!

A couple years ago Def Lepppard done a promo tour for the Vault, i was lucky enough to catch up with the guys. When I asked Vivian to sign my "Holy Diver" cd cover, He said" keep that evil man away, but I happy to sign your Riverdogs' cd cover".

A couple years ago Def Lepppard done a promo tour for the Vault, i was lucky enough to catch up with the guys. When I asked Vivian to sign my "Holy Diver" cd cover, He said" keep that evil man away, but I happy to sign your Riverdogs' cd cover".

Proof positive that Vivian Campbell is a douche.

Just sayin'.

:lol:

This is a shocker to me after the fighting in the press between these two bands last year.

It would be cool to see them add a 3rd band from the era or at least an up and coming band that has a similar sound.

Might as well add Winger to the tour...Joe was talking smack about them, too...& Kip kinda called him out in his latest Metal Sludge interview:

"He didn't seem to want to talk about Alice Cooper, but he opened up about a lot of other stuff, including a little smack talk about Lars Ulrich! In fact, after the interview was over, Kip actually asked C.C. Banana to turn the recorder back on so he could vent about somebody else! Apparently he had some stuff he wanted to get off his chest about the comments made this past summer by Joe Elliott of Def Leppard, calling Winger, Warrant and Poison "shite bands."

Anyway, here's what Kip had to say about that:

Yeah, I just want to say that I read what Joe Elliott said, slagging off bands like Poison and Winger. I've gotten used to being the punching bag, I take it all! But Poison is really good live and Bret Michaels' own response to Joe was awesome. I also love Def Leppard and I think they're a great band. But if Joe Elliott wants to meet me at an L.A. club of his choice with an acoustic guitar, leave the Pro Tools at home and I'll open up a can of whoop-ass on him!"

Might as well add Winger to the tour...Joe was talking smack about them, too...& Kip kinda called him out in his latest Metal Sludge interview:

"He didn't seem to want to talk about Alice Cooper, but he opened up about a lot of other stuff, including a little smack talk about Lars Ulrich! In fact, after the interview was over, Kip actually asked C.C. Banana to turn the recorder back on so he could vent about somebody else! Apparently he had some stuff he wanted to get off his chest about the comments made this past summer by Joe Elliott of Def Leppard, calling Winger, Warrant and Poison "shite bands."

Anyway, here's what Kip had to say about that:

Yeah, I just want to say that I read what Joe Elliott said, slagging off bands like Poison and Winger. I've gotten used to being the punching bag, I take it all! But Poison is really good live and Bret Michaels' own response to Joe was awesome. I also love Def Leppard and I think they're a great band. But if Joe Elliott wants to meet me at an L.A. club of his choice with an acoustic guitar, leave the Pro Tools at home and I'll open up a can of whoop-ass on him!"

lol.

• 2023 Gold Donors

if Joe Elliott wants to meet me at an L.A. club of his choice with an acoustic guitar, leave the Pro Tools at home and I'll open up a can of whoop-ass on him!"

Kinda agree with Kip there,some guys can't survive without their toys...get 'em in a stipped down,bare bones setting with only a guitar and its like a fish out of water sometimes. :whistle:

if Joe Elliott wants to meet me at an L.A. club of his choice with an acoustic guitar, leave the Pro Tools at home and I'll open up a can of whoop-ass on him!"

Kinda agree with Kip there,some guys can't survive without their toys...get 'em in a stipped down,bare bones setting with only a guitar and its like a fish out of water sometimes. :whistle:

Yeah, I love all three bands and always will, but the whole thing is just Joe Elliot being a dickhead, saying shit that needn't be said. And I would side with both Bret Michaels and Kip on this whole subject.

Every time Leppard plays there it's jam-packed. I always throw a big party at my place (about 10 minutes from the venue right near Vancouver Mall) before the show. ALL Portland-area locals are invited... I have a kegerator and love to mix drinks as well!

Technically Clark County is up in Vancouver WA.... And, no public transport there yet witch SUCKS!! I was hoping for maybe the Rose Garden?? OR PGE Park maybe?? Saw them there with Bryan Adams in 2005.. Standing room only but what a show!! Well Def Leppard anyways, luckily Bryan Adams went on first or I woulda left after Def Leppard..... :whistle:

I agree with Kip here and as everyone has said he's way more talented than Joe "I'm better than everyone else" Elliot".

Kip Winger>Joe Elliot

If this tour does indeed come to fruition, they should put it in Def Leppard's contract that Joe Elliott has to ride in Bret Michaels' "Rock Of Love Bus" ... VH1 could capture all of the resulting drama for yet another new reality show... :lol:

If this tour does indeed come to fruition, they should put it in Def Leppard's contract that Joe Elliott has to ride in Bret Michaels' "Rock Of Love Bus" ... VH1 could capture all of the resulting drama for yet another new reality show... :lol:

OHH I'd watch that!! :tumbsup: Think Joe would like those skanks though?? Sorry, I am not impressed with ANY of the girls on that show yet..... :whistle:

Technically Clark County is up in Vancouver WA.... And, no public transport there yet witch SUCKS!! I was hoping for maybe the Rose Garden?? OR PGE Park maybe?? Saw them there with Bryan Adams in 2005.. Standing room only but what a show!! Well Def Leppard anyways, luckily Bryan Adams went on first or I woulda left after Def Leppard..... :whistle:

Oh contrare! There are buses that run every 5 minutes from the PARK N RIDE at 134th. St. to the Ampitheatre... Buses from Portland are available to the new station in Hazel Dell, then a transfer from HD to 134th and a bus from 134th. to the gig. Sounds like a lot of time, but I'm guessing downtown PDX to the show in Clark County would be less than one hour, at a total cost of about $5.00.

Getting home at midnight might be a bit more difficult, however. I don't think buses run from Vancouver to Portland at that hour?

I'm 99% sure Def Leppard and Poison during the summer will be an outdoor event and if so it will take place at the CC Ampitheatre. DL hasn't played the Rose Garden ever I don't think (that I can remember, anyway)? Obviously they used to play the Coliseum back in the day (I first saw them there in 1983), but the last time I saw them there was 1993(ish) on the Seven Day Weekend / Retro-Active tour in the round.

Since then (1993) I've seen them at least 3 times at the CC Ampitheatre, once at PGE and once down in Salem, a couple times in Seattle / Auburn, and even once clear up in Everett. I really don't think they've ever played the Rose Garden... guess it's time to check my ticket stubs.

I feel like a Dead-Head... I honestly think I've seen Def Leppard 15 (maybe more) times, including my younger years in San Diego. Saw them with Motley Crue among others at Sky Show 8 in September 1983 at Jack Murphy Stadium. 55,000+ fans. I think that's still to this day the largest crowd they've played for in the States.