Vengeance On Re-Releasing Early Albums

aXe mAn

FuryRocks.com recently spoke with Barend Courbois, bassist for Dutch rockers VENGEANCE, about the band's new album, Soul Collector An excerpt from the interview is available below:

Q: Soul Collector has indeed become a typical Vengeance album. Real ‘feel good’ rock.

Courbois: "Precisely, and that’s what it is all about. In the '80s that was the standard, in the '90s grunge and the more depressive side entered the metal and obviously you weren’t allowed to write cheerful music. That wasn’t exactly what we had in mind. We prefer bands like VAN HALEN and AC/DC, yes, feel good rock. We want to entertain our fans and nowadays – luckily – the youngsters are more open-minded towards that kind of rock."

Q: The older albums aren’t for sale anymore. Isn’t it about time to re-release We Have Ways To Make You Rock and Take It Or Leave It?

Courbois: "I would think so, but unfortunately there are some major problems with the copyrights of those albums. Our old label CBS sold them to a certain person, which name better leaves unmentioned here. We worked with him on Back From Flight 19. He took French leave and won’t put the tapes at our disposal. It’s all very frustrating and this won’t be the end of the matter yet."

Go to this location for the complete interview.

http://furyrocks.com/en/interview/Vengeanc...ike_doing_45392

FuryRocks.com recently spoke with Barend Courbois, bassist for Dutch rockers VENGEANCE, about the band's new album, Soul Collector An excerpt from the interview is available below:

Q: Soul Collector has indeed become a typical Vengeance album. Real ‘feel good’ rock.

Courbois: "Precisely, and that’s what it is all about. In the '80s that was the standard, in the '90s grunge and the more depressive side entered the metal and obviously you weren’t allowed to write cheerful music. That wasn’t exactly what we had in mind. We prefer bands like VAN HALEN and AC/DC, yes, feel good rock. We want to entertain our fans and nowadays – luckily – the youngsters are more open-minded towards that kind of rock."

Q: The older albums aren’t for sale anymore. Isn’t it about time to re-release We Have Ways To Make You Rock and Take It Or Leave It?

Courbois: "I would think so, but unfortunately there are some major problems with the copyrights of those albums. Our old label CBS sold them to a certain person, which name better leaves unmentioned here. We worked with him on Back From Flight 19. He took French leave and won’t put the tapes at our disposal. It’s all very frustrating and this won’t be the end of the matter yet."

Go to this location for the complete interview.

http://furyrocks.com/en/interview/Vengeanc...ike_doing_45392

Those early Vengeance CDs were officially reissued on a limited run of 1000 except for the s/t some 6 years ago by a label named Psydonem? (mind the spelling) I believe the reason the self titled debut wasn't reissued is due to the masters being lost etc..

The reissue of each vengeance cd features a slew of previously unavailable & b side material. Top this day I rate the reissues as some of the best ever.

Those early Vengeance CDs were officially reissued on a limited run of 1000 except for the s/t some 6 years ago by a label named Psydonem? (mind the spelling) I believe the reason the self titled debut wasn't reissued is due to the masters being lost etc..

The reissue of each vengeance cd features a slew of previously unavailable & b side material. Top this day I rate the reissues as some of the best ever.

Pseudonym (a.k.a Transmission). They re-released a bunch of other Dutch bands as well, like Hammerhead, Bodine, and the first forays of Adrian Vandenberg on vinyl with Teaser. Transmission on the other hand was based on current acts with, for example After Forever, in their catalog. Apparently the relations between everyone went sour, and the owner split the scene. In the meantime the mechanical rights are still in ownership by Pseudonym/Transmission Records, so...

I do hope that they will be re-re-released as I have a few gaping holes in my Vengeance CD-collection (long live vinyl and cassette tapes).

Pseudonym (a.k.a Transmission). They re-released a bunch of other Dutch bands as well, like Hammerhead, Bodine, and the first forays of Adrian Vandenberg on vinyl with Teaser. Transmission on the other hand was based on current acts with, for example After Forever, in their catalog. Apparently the relations between everyone went sour, and the owner split the scene. In the meantime the mechanical rights are still in ownership by Pseudonym/Transmission Records, so...

I do hope that they will be re-re-released as I have a few gaping holes in my Vengeance CD-collection (long live vinyl and cassette tapes).

A great band. I also have one hole in my collection that needs to be filled. :banger:

Yeah, they were a good band - I quite enjoyed their early material. I have found the new album and also the last one to be very average though. The ballad on the new disc, however, is a gem.