Eonian Records - Jan. 4, 2009

heavyharmonies

This press release was sent to me as an MS Word file. Rather than try to reformat it into a forum post, here is a PDF file of the press release, and I'm also posting pics below if people want to read it that way.

-Dan

Eonian_Records_NEWS_01-05-09_2_Page_1.jpg

Eonian_Records_NEWS_01-05-09_2_Page_2.jpg

Eonian_Records_NEWS_01-05-09_2_Page_3.jpg

Eonian_Records_NEWS_01-05-09_2_Page_4.jpg

Not to stir up any shit, but I thought Bad Attitude was signed to SunCity...I just ordered their cd a few days ago.

A buddy of mine told me there was already a question regarding the two different bands with same name of BAD ATTITUDE. David (SunCity) and myself chatted about this months ago and we decided that Eonian's BAD ATTITUDE will not be released until late 2009. We could not help that there were two talented bands with the same name, but trust me ...they sound nothing alike. I think you will enjoy both bands, as I have SunCity's release as well ...GREAT stuff!

when do these actually get released?

Go to www.EonianRecords.com. Each band has their own page and most have a scheduled release date as well. For the most part, we will release between two and four CD's a month with those numbers increasing heading into 2010. Stay tuned as Dan and I are working something out for the loyal Heavy Harmonies visitors. Dan will let you all know the details shortly. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

probably i'll get them all. is there any chance to include some olde glossy b/w promo fotos of them(i'm sure that most of the bands had) in the deal? i'm sucker for these photos and i like to frame as much as i can from them(and thus decorating the walls here)....

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for Sgt Roxx also heard some new tunes on their myspace page I've never heard before :-

Sgt Roxx

How about re-releasing the singers post band Monkey Cocktail cds?

Indie released on cdbaby and could sell more copies on a better distribution scale.

I was lucky to by the first release when they were Dying Breed from a kind soul on here and a very good price :banana:

• 2 weeks later...
so is the first bunch ready?

yeah i wonder that too, website says feb 10th but nowhere to order or how much they will cost

actually i notice lots of delays....some releases were scheduled for last november i think.....

Due to an agreement with Koch Entertainment, the earliest the releases can come out are March 19th....and I believe if you go to the website and click on the band photos, it will show the release dates.

>> Due to an agreement with Koch Entertainment <<

Not being a dick or anything here but I can see nothing good coming from this deal. Prepare for headache on top of headache.

I will normally not respond to statements like this, but this one I could not resist. I also do not want to sound like a "dick" but you obviously know the record industry better than the rest of us. I think these message boards are cool to talk about what's new, what good, etc., but there seems to be just one or two of people here that always seem to have the record industry all figured out and can obviously do things better than the ones who are actually doing it. Do you know anything about distribution? How about Koch Entertainment? You know ...it would be really easy to just make these CD's available on our website and on one or two online stores, but we want the best exposure for the bands and the label and signing with Koch is a big deal. If it means pushing things back to do things right ...then damn skippy. :headbanger:

If you go to our website ...we are no longer putting "guesses" on when CD's will be released. The dates will only be posted after the masters and art have been submitted to our distributors and the titles are being sold to stores. As my buddy Jim said ...the first batch will be available on March 19th. Everything has been sent to press and we are ready to finally launch this new label.

We hope you all enjoy!

thanx for your reply, my friend. i will start dreaming now a box full of eonian goodies. nice name(greek world) also for your label. would you consider it to make some package deals? i mean to have a compo in your online store with your releases? for example 4-5 cds for a price of _____?

:beerbang:

>> I will normally not respond to statements like this, but this one I could not resist. I also do not want to sound like a "dick" but you obviously know the record industry better than the rest of us. I think these message boards are cool to talk about what's new, what good, etc., but there seems to be just one or two of people here that always seem to have the record industry all figured out and can obviously do things better than the ones who are actually doing it. Do you know anything about distribution? How about Koch Entertainment? You know ...it would be really easy to just make these CD's available on our website and on one or two online stores, but we want the best exposure for the bands and the label and signing with Koch is a big deal. If it means pushing things back to do things right ...then damn skippy. :headbanger: <<

You and I have spoken on the phone Stephen. Yes, as a matter of fact I know quite a lot about distribution, having been with ADA (Warner Bros) and well, Navarre (now E1 / Koch - the same deal you have, only I had one stepping stone cut out of the path) - for over a decade. I know how they operate, I know all about the "mysterious chargebacks" that come flying at you, and about the "buy ins" to Best Buy, Transworld and the like. I know what it costs to take a 'cut" in the Super D book. I know all about the fact that you (just as a for instance) are going to be paid LAST in the chain of command and how your first royalty cheque most likely WON'T happen until the third quarter of your agreement (and that's if you're lucky). Yes, Koch is a big deal (they also just laid off 25 employees I do believe) but you're a small company (not a slag, it's reality). Koch has a roster of some 500+ collective labels - 60% of which have been turning some sort of profit for them over the past decade. You're brand new and I doubt you have $100,000 to spend on each release (like Compendia, Sheridan Square, Bar None, Schanchie and some others have) so you're going to be one of the low men on the totem pole. I know exactly how your deal works and I'm telling you, in a year you're very likely going to have a major "what the fuck?!?!?!!!!" moment. Do I hope that you do? No, I don't want anyone to. I hope you sell 50,000 albums this year. Do I know "everything" about the music business? Of course not but I've been in it for over 20 years and it's the only real job I've ever had so I think I've learned a little bit along the way.

Do you know who Michael Rosenberg is? He took me to lunch - not once but twice. I've also had lunch with Bob Pickering - wonderful person - I'm sure you've at least spoken to him.

Good luck. I mean it.