2009 - what albums are you looking forward to?

phaffas

I have a feeling that LAMB OF GOD and PLACE VENDOME will be releasing the 2 best albums of 2009...

So I was spot-on (as usual!). These two arrived through my door yesterday & even after 1 spin are both utterly awesome....

Actually its turned out to be Steel Panther and D2. so far............. :nyanya:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bananamac: World On Fire - Blindside Blues Band

:bananamac: God & Guns - Lynyrd Skynyrd

• 2 weeks later...
I have a feeling that LAMB OF GOD and PLACE VENDOME will be releasing the 2 best albums of 2009...

So I was spot-on (as usual!). These two arrived through my door yesterday & even after 1 spin are both utterly awesome....

Actually its turned out to be Steel Panther and D2. so far............. :nyanya:

Well I agree (partly) on the D2.... The MEGADETH has been a massive surprise, after so many mediocre discs, but still expecting lots from the mighty SLAYER....

W.E.T. in november

Shadow Gallery "Digital Ghost" in november (with their new singer DC Cooper)

Transatlantic "The Whirlwind" in October

With Chris there with W.E.T. and Transatlantic

also looking forward to

Dare - Arc of Dawn

Joe Perry - Have Guitar Will Travel

I do hope that Dare have grown some balls and will at least rock a little bit, otherwise this new disc be known as 'Arc Of The Yawn' like their last couple of discs. They were both ok for when you were watching paint dry or sleeping mostly. I hope the JP is an improvement over the last one aswell. Transatlantic should be good though, like their prevous stuff.

With Chris there with W.E.T. and Transatlantic

also looking forward to

Dare - Arc of Dawn

Joe Perry - Have Guitar Will Travel

I do hope that Dare have grown some balls and will at least rock a little bit, otherwise this new disc be known as 'Arc Of The Yawn' like their last couple of discs. They were both ok for when you were watching paint dry or sleeping mostly. I hope the JP is an improvement over the last one aswell. Transatlantic should be good though, like their prevous stuff.

:rofl2: Arc of Yawn. That's classic.

Dare is an amazing story. Considering how much I love those first two albums, and I've just never bothered with an album since. I think 'Beneath the shining water' or whatever it is is still in my collection, but I have no time at all for their current style.

Dare is an amazing story. Considering how much I love those first two albums, and I've just never bothered with an album since. I think 'Beneath the shining water' or whatever it is is still in my collection, but I have no time at all for their current style.

I quite like their current style, Belief and Beneath the Shining Water are not without their charm in my book....but prefer the 1st 3 albums.....Blood From Stone was treated as a bit of a stinker when it was originally released, put off by reviews it wasn't until a few years later I grabbed it and after listening was amazed at the initial reception it received as it was such a great album.

But I hope they move away from the Celtic stylings if truth be known.

By the way Jez old bean...I believe that there is a vocalist other than JP on this new album, I know many found his last albums main failing being due to the vocal performance...(not me though I like the rawness of his voice on his last release) ... but the riffage was there!

Dunno if it's the same vocalist throughout (I think he is a German chap found on You Tube called Hagen), or wether there is more than one singer.

update

Perry sings 4 tracks and Hagen 5....theres 10 tracks so maybe one is an instrumental.

Bert Heerink - Better Yet

Vandenbery singer, this is his first solo album I think. Out Sept 25.

Lots of different song writers on here including Harry Hess and Russ Ballard.

I'm not sure what to expect but I'm very interested to give this a listen.

Also looking forward to:

Grand Design

101 South

Vertical Horizon

Foreigner

Dare

W.E.T.

Bon Jovi

Keel

Stage Dolls

Treat

And 2010 will be another awesome year if the sollowing are released:

(all new studio discs I believe, except Taxxi)

Blanc Faces

John Waite

Journey

Goo Goo Dolls

Nelson

RATT

Taxxi

Terry Brock

Kiss

Ace Frehley

It's about time you got some good taste in music. ;):drink:

ive always liked Kiss :unsure:

just cause i like Bon Jovi doesnt mean im completely lost :P

I was just messing with you. :butt:

Besides I didn't know you liked Kiss that much and Kiss and Ace are two of my favs of all time. :headbanger:

Kiss

Ace Frehley

It's about time you got some good taste in music. ;):drink:

ive always liked Kiss :unsure:

just cause i like Bon Jovi doesnt mean im completely lost :P

I was just messing with you. :butt:

Besides I didn't know you liked Kiss that much and Kiss and Ace are two of my favs of all time. :headbanger:

i only own one of their albums tbh, but i have their greatest hits on CDR, just one of those bands ive never called a favourite but always liked :)

this album sounds worth it though, the new stuff sounds great, the old stuff re-recorded will do me as a greatest hits thing and a DVD aswell....seems essential to me :D

• 1 month later...