Blind Date - s/t (-04)

Stefan

Am I in a parallel universe? What the f*ck am I reading here? Obviously I'm alone with this opinion, so as usual take no notice, but I think this CD is f*cking amazing! One of the best I've heard in a lot of years and IMO by far the highlight of 2004.

Right Ive taken a listen to this and Im pretty much with everyone else on this one - pretty good straight up melodic hard rock, but nothing special.

Geoff - sometimes I do think you are in a parallel universe. I mean, I know you wont agree with me in that Threshold - Subsurface, Pride Of Lions - Destiny Stone, PC69 - Thunderdome and Soul SirkUS all kill this album in 2004.......................BUT..............

.........even you cant say that this is better that JSS - Lost In The Translation or Pete Lesperance - Down In It from the same year???? Surely????

Give me a sign that you are still alive in there boy??

:tumbsup:

Easily better then them all, imo. Especially those first ones you mention, but I even prefer it to Lesperance and JSS too - both excellent albums, but Blind Date is more excellent, imo. :)

Ha ha. Nice one. Yeah.

Well I guess that the first 3 tracks on Blind Date are pretty good, & I really like the last 2 tracks, but all the tracks in between are just average to good....nothing more spectacular than 100 other bands have done IMO.

To be honest 'Believe In Me' off LITT pretty much kills the whole album, and there are at least 5 tracks off LITT better than any song on Blind Date. Just my opinion of course, but as you said before, I do know my shit :tumbsup:

:drink:

This got a lot of hype when it came out didnt it?

Really? I only got it on a blind purchase and my inane ramblings were about the first and only I saw in reference to the disc... and a few other comments on the main page here. But I didn't know there was any hype at all for this?

Really? I only got it on a blind purchase and my inane ramblings were about the first and only I saw in reference to the disc... and a few other comments on the main page here. But I didn't know there was any hype at all for this?

So would I like these guys? Yes? No? Maybe?

I'll do my best to allow you to find out, probably not until next week, though, but I'll see how I go. Pretty sure you'd like these guys, but you'll probably be with everyone else and find it good but not amazing. Could be wrong, though. It's a simply fantastic slab of 80's hard rock.

I'll do my best to allow you to find out, probably not until next week, though, but I'll see how I go. Pretty sure you'd like these guys, but you'll probably be with everyone else and find it good but not amazing. Could be wrong, though. It's a simply fantastic slab of 80's hard rock.

You normally don't steer me wrong considering that you got me into Universe, Roxus and Steelhouse Lane. :tumbsup:

You normally don't steer me wrong considering that you got me into Universe, Roxus and Steelhouse Lane. :tumbsup:

Excellent. I'll try not to make this our first hiccup. :lol:

its about a million miles from Steelhouse Lane mate

its about a million miles from Steelhouse Lane mate

99.9% of bands are. :)

Am I in a parallel universe? What the f*ck am I reading here? Obviously I'm alone with this opinion, so as usual take no notice, but I think this CD is f*cking amazing! One of the best I've heard in a lot of years and IMO by far the highlight of 2004.

Right Ive taken a listen to this and Im pretty much with everyone else on this one - pretty good straight up melodic hard rock, but nothing special.

Geoff - sometimes I do think you are in a parallel universe. I mean, I know you wont agree with me in that Threshold - Subsurface, Pride Of Lions - Destiny Stone, PC69 - Thunderdome and Soul SirkUS all kill this album in 2004.......................BUT..............

.........even you cant say that this is better that JSS - Lost In The Translation or Pete Lesperance - Down In It from the same year???? Surely????

Easily better then them all, imo. Especially those first ones you mention, but I even prefer it to Lesperance and JSS too - both excellent albums, but Blind Date is more excellent, imo. :)

Ha ha. Nice one. Yeah.

Well I guess that the first 3 tracks on Blind Date are pretty good, & I really like the last 2 tracks, but all the tracks in between are just average to good....nothing more spectacular than 100 other bands have done IMO.

To be honest 'Believe In Me' off LITT pretty much kills the whole album, and there are at least 5 tracks off LITT better than any song on Blind Date. Just my opinion of course, but as you said before, I do know my shit :tumbsup:

You don't like 'Daddy's Little Girl'? Just got this spinning now and I really have to retract my comment about 'Everybody's baby'. Just like Guardian's 'Turnaround' it is actually one of my faves off the disc. Yeah, the chorus is limp as hell, but the verses and solo are arguably the best on the CD. What a tune. Got 'We keep falling in love' spinning now and I know this is another one of the 'weaker' songs on the disc, but that last bit of the chorus, "We keep falling deeper, deeper, (deeeeeeepeeeeeeeer)" makes the whole song for me. :lol: And that's the thing with this disc. Even on the weakest song on the disc, 'Can you feel it', there is still great verses and a killer 2nd part in the chorus. Every song on this CD, imo, has at least one part that makes me step back and go, 'Whoah, that was f*cking awesome.' That's why I love it, I guess.

'Dreaming' is up now... pure bliss. :wub: By far the best CD of '04! ;)

Ha ha. Nice one. Yeah.

You don't like 'Daddy's Little Girl'? Just got this spinning now and I really have to retract my comment about 'Everybody's baby'. Just like Guardian's 'Turnaround' it is actually one of my faves off the disc. Yeah, the chorus is limp as hell, but the verses and solo are arguably the best on the CD. What a tune. Got 'We keep falling in love' spinning now and I know this is another one of the 'weaker' songs on the disc, but that last bit of the chorus, "We keep falling deeper, deeper, (deeeeeeepeeeeeeeer)" makes the whole song for me. :lol: And that's the thing with this disc. Even on the weakest song on the disc, 'Can you feel it', there is still great verses and a killer 2nd part in the chorus. Every song on this CD, imo, has at least one part that makes me step back and go, 'Whoah, that was f*cking awesome.' That's why I love it, I guess.

'Dreaming' is up now... pure bliss. :wub: By far the best CD of '04! ;)

I have listen to the tracks that Widda sent me and I think this cd is pretty good. Maybe not worth the pricetag I initially paid for it (then got refunded). Now I really want this cd. Pretty decent hard rock on display here and I think I'm gonna search for it once more.

Yes, definitely gonna hunt it down...

• 8 years later...

Very cool, mate. Who'd have thunk that existed!!! Looks like it has the production value of the last pizza I purchased, but still very cool. Really, really love this song.