Blind Date - s/t (-04)

Stefan

Holy crap! DISAPPOINTED! :angry:

Can somebody please tell me if this CD is worth having? Is it any good? The reviews on the main page praises it but this one eluded me. I bought it but got a refund....well read the message I got below:

Dear Stefan Back,

Alex Rooke (ebay.punkermentality@googlemail.com) has issued a full refund for your payment.

Message from merchant: Hi Stefan

Very sorry to say that your cd was returned by Royal Mail in a rather poor condition. I have tried to find a replacement but without any success. So I think it best i refund you.

Please accept my apologies for the problem

Cheers

Grahame

----------------------------------------------------------------

Original payment details:

Date payment sent: Dec. 8, 2008

Amount: 12.99 GBP

Sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.

Société en Commandite par Actions

Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg

RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Freaking Royal Mail. What did you do, Jez? Jumped on it? ;)

Maybe the seller got an better offer and left me in the cold?

Actually there's a copy right now on Egay for Buy It Now $4.99 but the seller only ships within' the US :crying:

Maybe someone can buy it for me? :unsure:

I own it. I don't remember much about it other than being a little let down upon first listen. It did seem to get better after a few plays but still never really jumped out as something that really moved me. The songs were good but didn't quite take it to the next level. But it has been forever since I've played it so now I'll have to get it out again and refresh my memory.

not great production, but some good tunes!!!

Holy crap! DISAPPOINTED! :angry:

Can somebody please tell me if this CD is worth having? Is it any good? The reviews on the main page praises it but this one eluded me. I bought it but got a refund....well read the message I got below:

Dear Stefan Back,

Alex Rooke (ebay.punkermentality@googlemail.com) has issued a full refund for your payment.

Message from merchant: Hi Stefan

Very sorry to say that your cd was returned by Royal Mail in a rather poor condition. I have tried to find a replacement but without any success. So I think it best i refund you.

Please accept my apologies for the problem

Cheers

Grahame

Original payment details:

Date payment sent: Dec. 8, 2008

Amount: 12.99 GBP

Sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.

Société en Commandite par Actions

Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg

RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Freaking Royal Mail. What did you do, Jez? Jumped on it? ;)

Maybe the seller got an better offer and left me in the cold?

Actually there's a copy right now on Egay for Buy It Now $4.99 but the seller only ships within' the US :crying:

Maybe someone can buy it for me? :unsure:

Hmm - £12.99 saved I think. As everyone has said, it is ok, but not that great.

Seriously - The return excuse is a bit of a poor one mate.

I always treat everyone's cd's with the utmost respect when they come into the office, then I add them to my collection! Except Geoff's of course which I just pour with gasoline, burn, frisbee around the office, then give them out to all the little local emo children!!!! :D

I'll agree with everyone before me. Listenable for sure, but not stellar.

Good but not great. Which is what Pete said. But I said it better.

I pait this one with Hotshot, if you heard that one, good but not classic with a lower production

I pait this one with Hotshot, if you heard that one, good but not classic with a lower production

Just my opinion but I think Hotshot crushes Blind Date.

I pait this one with Hotshot, if you heard that one, good but not classic with a lower production.

Just my opinion but I think Hotshot crushes Blind Date.

My opinion is exactly the opposite--Blind Date is much better than Hotshot. I jettisoned Hotshot right after I got it, but Blind Date remains in my collection.

that is close but I would rate Blind Date a bit higher

I gave this a listen the other day and took it out somewhere around track seven. It made me think of Firehouse - Category 5 for some reason.

Am I in a parallel universe? What the f*ck am I reading here? Obviously I'm alone with this opinion, so as usual take no notice, but I think this CD is f*cking amazing! One of the best I've heard in a lot of years and IMO by far the highlight of 2004.

Does everyone else's copy have 'Don't wait up', 'She's walking' :wub: , and 'When I'm alone' on it? :lol: These three songs, amongst others, are flawless. I acknowledge that 'Can You Feel It' and 'Everybody's baby' are not the best songs, but the other 8 are wonderful. Man, I think this is a truly essential addition to any 80's hard rock fan's collection.

Oh, and I like it better than Hotshot too, which I also love.

Am I in a parallel universe? What the f*ck am I reading here? Obviously I'm alone with this opinion, so as usual take no notice, but I think this CD is f*cking amazing! One of the best I've heard in a lot of years and IMO by far the highlight of 2004.

Right Ive taken a listen to this and Im pretty much with everyone else on this one - pretty good straight up melodic hard rock, but nothing special.

Geoff - sometimes I do think you are in a parallel universe. I mean, I know you wont agree with me in that Threshold - Subsurface, Pride Of Lions - Destiny Stone, PC69 - Thunderdome and Soul SirkUS all kill this album in 2004.......................BUT..............

.........even you cant say that this is better that JSS - Lost In The Translation or Pete Lesperance - Down In It from the same year???? Surely????

Give me a sign that you are still alive in there boy??

:tumbsup:

Right Ive taken a listen to this and Im pretty much with everyone else on this one - pretty good straight up melodic hard rock, but nothing special.

Geoff - sometimes I do think you are in a parallel universe. I mean, I know you wont agree with me in that Threshold - Subsurface, Pride Of Lions - Destiny Stone, PC69 - Thunderdome and Soul SirkUS all kill this album in 2004.......................BUT..............

.........even you cant say that this is better that JSS - Lost In The Translation or Pete Lesperance - Down In It from the same year???? Surely????

Give me a sign that you are still alive in there boy??

:tumbsup:

Easily better then them all, imo. Especially those first ones you mention, but I even prefer it to Lesperance and JSS too - both excellent albums, but Blind Date is more excellent, imo. :)