They are only DVD-R's

Dave

Stellar Products.

Even though they are only DVD-R's, there is some mighty fine stuff here.

Boston, Bad Company, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heart, Aerosmith, Queensryche and plenty more

http://www.stellarproducts.info/servlet/StoreFront

In my "travels", over the years, I've attained many the DVD-R of live performances.

And as sad as it makes me to say, I have purchased a few. But, by and large, there are plenty of communities out there where you can trade amongst other collectors and find virtually the same things for the blank disc you used to burn a show for the other trader, the envelope, and the postage.

If you're not of the means to participate in those type of deals, sometimes sites such as this one exist. However, it really galls me that when there are many people out there who deal in this trade for the absolute love of the music/performance, there are others out there who try to profit from the sweat of others' brow.

(That said, there are some really great looking shows on there!)

I don't mind trading at all. It's when they're trying to SELL something they don't own to begin with.

Wow, wish they weren't so freakin' expensive! Some cool DVD-R's there.

Don't really have a strong stance on this subject either way. If they were au$5 postage included I'd be happy to pay that for some of the Dokken, Ratt etc. stuff they have there that I'd never see otherwise. For that price, though, not a chance. :)

Wow - some really fine Cheap Trick shows in amongst some other goodies. Not a bad price, if the quality is good (although I bet the Poison ones are absolutely Shite)

Wow - some really fine Poison shows in amongst some other goodies. Not a bad price, if the quality is good (although I bet the Cheap trick ones are absolutely Shite)

I'm not opposed to buying boot concert videos, especially if it's stuff that you know will most likely never get a legit release. I used have a whole sh*t load of stuff on VHS that I used to buy at record conventions years back (lotsa KISS stuff, some of which finally turned up on the KISSOLOGY volumes fifteen years later, but a lot that is still hidden in the KISS Inc. vaults to the best of my knowledge)... I even have a bootleg VHS of an Overkill show I was at, where you can see me jumpin' around in the crowd from time to time! Unfortunately I lost a whole lotta my VHS tapes (movies and other stuff) in a basement flooding incident about ten years ago so only a few of those goodies survive... :crying: (fortunately that Overkill vid was one of the survivors.)

As for this "Stellar Products" site... he's sure as hell got some nice stuff there, but I don't have time to watch the DVDs I already own, I certainly don't need to buy any more, legal or not...

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, seems as tho that site is out to make a quick buck or 2.. bootleg dvd are for trading as far as im concerned. he does however have some nice shows but i still wouldnt buy any. take for instance most of the metallica ones he has.. they are all available within the metallica community for trading and hes trying to sell them, its people like him that spoil it for the real traders :)