New Bon Jovi album in 09

phaffas

I just wanna say, and I'm not limiting this to Bon Jovi, why do we always wanna hear them return to their old sound? If we wanna hear that we can listen to their old records. But their new records will be new material and a new sound. I get caught up in that mentality, too, but I have to realize that the sound I've grown to love will always be there, on compact disc. So when new albums are dropped, why can't we just accept them for what they are, knowing we can always return to the glory days with a simple touch of a button?

No complaint for evolution as long as done right, problem is less quality and losing trademark sound. Deliver us the goods and we'll be more than happy to share excitement.

All I ask for is decent quality songs in whatever form they take, a point I think Bob and the Boys (and others) have forgotten for the most part over the last few years. Here's hoping!!

Yeah, I've certainly never said that I wish they made an album that sounded like 'Slippery...' All I've ever wanted is a collection of great melodic hard rock songs. And Hinder this year have proved that you can still record an amazing melodic hard rock album (which isn't a carbon copy of an 80's album) and still be accepted by the masses.

Yeah, I've certainly never said that I wish they made an album that sounded like 'Slippery...' All I've ever wanted is a collection of great melodic hard rock songs. And Hinder this year have proved that you can still record an amazing melodic hard rock album (which isn't a carbon copy of an 80's album) and still be accepted by the masses.

Yeah but dont expect BJ to come out with juvenile lyrics like Hinder.

I wasnt so keen on Lost Highway, but HAND was pretty damned good in my book, especially if you picked up the European version, which had the excellent bonus tracks on it.

I await with interest.

I wasnt so keen on Lost Highway, but HAND was pretty damned good in my book, especially if you picked up the European version, which had the excellent bonus tracks on it.

I await with interest.

Yeah, I should also point out that my appreciation for 'Have a Nice Day' involves that bounty of great bonus tracks.

As for lyrics, I actually far prefer Hinder's over-sexed lyrics to hearing about living your life every day and life this and life that. :)

I await with interest.

Yeah, I should also point out that my appreciation for 'Have a Nice Day' involves that bounty of great bonus tracks.

As for lyrics, I actually far prefer Hinder's over-sexed lyrics to hearing about living your life every day and life this and life that. :)

That's because youre juvenile :tumbsup:

I await with interest.

..And maybe because he hasn't got a life!! :D

I await with interest.

..And maybe because he hasn't got a life!! :D

Or maybe just because I find sex more enjoyable than being welcomed to wherever I am, this is my life I got to grasp the reigns and live life like lives are lived it's my life.

Seriously, though, I just prefer tongue-in-cheek, raunchy, good fun lyrics compared to mundane supposedly "serious" shit which is equally as banal, just more annoying.

Metallica and Motley Crue

two bands that have pretty much sucked since the early 90s, but put out albums that harken back to the good ole days this year

i remember the same discussions about Saints of LA, and look how that turned out

i think they might deliver this time, theres gotta be ateast 4 or 5 good songs on there, wether they sound modern or classic, i just want good tunes with some nice Sambora solos on there

the part about LH that i didnt like was all the lap steels, vioins and that crap, if its just the 5 guys playing distorted guitars at an upbeat tempo ill most likely like it

just give me guitar oriented rock, like Bounce or HAND if it has to sound modern

• 2 weeks later...

While I still prefer "old" Bon Jovi ("Slippery," "New Jersey," etc.) to the newer stuff, I still consider myself a fan and look forward to each new CD. Kudos to them for being able to reinvent themselves and weather the grunge storm that claimed 99% of the 80s hair/pop-metal bands. Whether you like the new Bon Jovi incarnation or not, the band survived what killed most of their 80s peers, and the reason is fairly simple: Jon & company know how to write catchy songs. No, they don't rock out nearly as well as they used to (though to be fair, almost every album has some really good rock anthems on it), but even in their mellower latter-day form, most of the songs are crafted with solid commercial hooks. Plus, as far as I and a whole lot of other people in the world are concerned, Jon has a great singing voice.

Does Bon Jovi have what it takes to deliver a big rock-fest of a release? I believe they do. I am not saying they will, but I do believe they could if that was the direction they chose to go. As I said, on almost every album, the band has proven they still have the chops to deliver a rockin' tune, so all they need to do is write 8 or 9 of those rockers, toss on a couple of mandatory Bon Jovi ballads, and presto, you've got a Bon Jovi CD worth talking about.

Listen, I understand the hate for Bon Jovi around here, honestly I do. I'm just not one of those haters. I've bought every CD they've ever released and enjoyed most of 'em. I will buy this new one in '09 and you know what, I'll probably enjoy it too. I'm going to end now, because I'm pretty sure I'm starting to sound like our very own Mr. Samborarocks, and that frightens me more than a little. :)

Everytime they're in teh writing recording phase they always say it's gonna be a big rock record, yet it never happens.

They've said this last 4-5 albums (except the most recent) and we always get half a rock record and half something else.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think they say that every album so the old fans will be sure to gobble it up immediately upon its release. It's smart PR is what it is. Bravo Jon.

Who knows if they will deliver or not, but the prospect of a "rocking" Bon Jovi record puts a smile on my face. I loved HAND...still listen to it once every week or two. I think it's easily their best album since Keep The Faith. If they put out something similar to that, I'll be a happy camper.

Everytime they're in teh writing recording phase they always say it's gonna be a big rock record, yet it never happens.

They've said this last 4-5 albums (except the most recent) and we always get half a rock record and half something else.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think they say that every album so the old fans will be sure to gobble it up immediately upon its release. It's smart PR is what it is. Bravo Jon.

I would still listen to the samples before I parted with any more money on them <_<

On a sort-of related note, I saw a commercial on TV today for a new Alvin & The Chipmunks CD (!) that features a Chipmunked version of Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" on it... they played a clip from it in the commercial and I damn near died laughin'... :rofl:

...so are any of you guys Bon Jovi completist enough to buy an Alvin and the Chipmunks CD?? :unsure:

Just to prove that I ain't making up the stuff I posted above, here's the Alvin & The Chipmunks album on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J9D5E...7355558-0619350

"Livin' on a Prayer" is track #3 if you wanna hear a sample... :lol: