Primal Fear in the studio

rob62972

PRIMAL FEAR ENTER THE STUDIO:

German power metallers Primal Fear entered the studio on November 28 to begin recording their new album, 16.6, due in early 2009 via Frontiers Records. The band is in the process of laying down the following 14 tracks for the new CD (working titles; in no particular order):

01. Six Times Dead (16.6), 02. Smith & Wesson, 03. Soar, 04. Riding The Eagle, 05. Black Rain, 06. Lightning, 07. Time, 08. Night After Night, 09. Killbound, 10. Don't Fuck With My Life, 11. No Smoke Without Fire, 12. The Exorcist, 13. Torn, 14. Scream.

Commented Primal Fear frontman Ralf Scheepers: "It's very unusual for one band member to see and listen how the other band member is delivering the goods on his instrument. When we perform together live, you can also judge what's going on each instrument but not as clear and obvious as in the studio where you can concentrate on each tone or note or beat from your mates. From what I have heard so far, I can really say it's the best performance I have ever heard from Randy [black] on the drums and also from Henny [Wolter] on the guitar. Of course, some people might think, 'What else should he say, he has to promote the new album and that's what every musician would say just to keep the ball running.' But these words are my true impression and I really can't wait for Magnus [Karlsson, guitar] and Mat [sinner, bass] to nail their parts to see the whole building growing and growing."

Primal Fear earlier in the year parted ways with guitarist Stefan Leibing and replaced him with Magnus Karlsson (Allen/Lande, Starbreaker).

The band's latest album, New Religion, last year landed on the Swedish chart at No. 67. It also entered the German chart at No. 60. The CD was released in the U.S. on January 29 via Locomotive/Ryko. Guest musicians on the album include Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray, Ex-Helloween) and Simone Simons (Epica).

Judging by the song titles for this one i believe the new PF will F' New Religion's world up...can't wait!

I dunno. If you didn't like the more commercial sound & the strings etc then I doubt they'll do an about-turn, in fact this one will probably me even more commercial sounding that "New Religion". There's a reason Frontiers signed them, & a reason they signed to Frontiers....

Judging by the song titles for this one i believe the new PF will F' New Religion's world up...can't wait!

I dunno. If you didn't like the more commercial sound & the strings etc then I doubt they'll do an about-turn, in fact this one will probably me even more commercial sounding that "New Religion". There's a reason Frontiers signed them, & a reason they signed to Frontiers....

Even though I really liked "New Religion" I hope they go back to or at least come close to going back to their original sound.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yep..ill definitely be sampling this one BEFORE i buy it...

• 3 weeks later...